Dortmund (A)

If you’re after a ticket for an Arsenal game or have one to spare, then let your fellow Gooners know in this section and hopefully you’ll find a match. Please ensure you take the time to read the rules for this section carefully before posting.
weststandgooner

Re: Dortmund (A)

Post by weststandgooner »

Can't believe this. 11:59 tickets sell out. Nightmare, anyone know of 2 spares please let me know, travel is already booked.

weststandgooner

Post by weststandgooner »

Can't believe this. 11:59 tickets sell out. Nightmare, anyone know of 2 spares please let me know, travel is already booked.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

2/3 needed if anyone can help out? Cheers!

spinney12

Post by spinney12 »

Purely out of interest, what did it sell out to?

jimmybobby12

Post by jimmybobby12 »

Pretty sure it sold out at 5+. . Absolutely gutted I didn't get a ticket even though I'm only a silver member I thought this would go down especially with a 3,300 allocation, maybe I was being to optimistic. . . Arsenal need to sort out their away membership process , I asked 3 season ago to become a TC member and they told me they have stopped applications and will move everyone points over to their red/silver memberships but still hasn't happened. Just doesn't allow for other people who don't have a ST or TC membership to get he points for the big away games. Very unfair system.

Batflyer

Post by Batflyer »

spinney12 wrote:Purely out of interest, what did it sell out to?
Last time I checked (around 11.15 am) it was on sale to all members except Silver and Reds.

Anyway, I'm a Red member so I missed out on this one. :(
Still looking for 5 tickets. I know it's a long shot, but I still want to try my best to get to this game. Anyone who can help me out is a hero. :barscarf:

spinney12

Post by spinney12 »

Hi guys, I'm after 3 if possible any would be great.

Thanks.

_James_

Post by _James_ »

jimmybobby12 wrote:Pretty sure it sold out at 5+. . Absolutely gutted I didn't get a ticket even though I'm only a silver member I thought this would go down especially with a 3,300 allocation, maybe I was being to optimistic. . . Arsenal need to sort out their away membership process , I asked 3 season ago to become a TC member and they told me they have stopped applications and will move everyone points over to their red/silver memberships but still hasn't happened. Just doesn't allow for other people who don't have a ST or TC membership to get he points for the big away games. Very unfair system.
I had this as a problem until I got my season ticket, as I had around 10 points at one point and they didn't count towards getting higher interest games. It would be interesting to know the breakdown of season ticket holders and points e.g. how many have 30+,25+, 20+ ect. I assume if everyone could collect away points though it would mean you need more points to get tickets to London away games and higher profile games.

Also when you change they seem to take all your away points, so now I am back to where I was with this game after a season and a bit with a season ticket in the 10+section. Though with a season ticket it is easier as you still got a bigger choice than Stoke or Sunderland away with 0 points, somehow Liverpool away last year went to 0 away points. :shock:

jimmybobby12

Post by jimmybobby12 »

_James_ wrote:
jimmybobby12 wrote:Pretty sure it sold out at 5+. . Absolutely gutted I didn't get a ticket even though I'm only a silver member I thought this would go down especially with a 3,300 allocation, maybe I was being to optimistic. . . Arsenal need to sort out their away membership process , I asked 3 season ago to become a TC member and they told me they have stopped applications and will move everyone points over to their red/silver memberships but still hasn't happened. Just doesn't allow for other people who don't have a ST or TC membership to get he points for the big away games. Very unfair system.
I had this as a problem until I got my season ticket, as I had around 10 points at one point and they didn't count towards getting higher interest games. It would be interesting to know the breakdown of season ticket holders and points e.g. how many have 30+,25+, 20+ ect. I assume if everyone could collect away points though it would mean you need more points to get tickets to London away games and higher profile games.

Also when you change they seem to take all your away points, so now I am back to where I was with this game after a season and a bit with a season ticket in the 10+section. Though with a season ticket it is easier as you still got a bigger choice than Stoke or Sunderland away with 0 points, somehow Liverpool away last year went to 0 away points. :shock:

I cant imagine there being to many ST holders with a lot of away points say 25+ just because of the expense of having a ST and having to pay for away games. If everyone could collect away points it would defiantly mean more points to get to any away game not just London away games BUT at least it gives you the chance to go to them and you can build your points up towards something. Right now you don't even have the opportunity to which is very unfair in my opinion. I have 12 away points on my silver membership which are worth absolutely nothing, come on arsenal sort this out.

spinney12

Post by spinney12 »

jimmybobby12 wrote:
_James_ wrote:

I cant imagine there being to many ST holders with a lot of away points say 25+ just because of the expense of having a ST and having to pay for away games. If everyone could collect away points it would defiantly mean more points to get to any away game not just London away games BUT at least it gives you the chance to go to them and you can build your points up towards something. Right now you don't even have the opportunity to which is very unfair in my opinion. I have 12 away points on my silver membership which are worth absolutely nothing, come on arsenal sort this out.

Good point however that would be the perfect membership. I dare say a lot of people given the opportunity would use a silver membership and go to as many away games as possibly and then have the choice on home games. It isn't right that the credit score of a silver member is practically irrelevant however I do think that season ticket holders should have some sort of priority purely for purchasing every ticket in advance.

I haven't worded that greatly but you must see my point?

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

There is no way they will disadvantage ST holders by allowing credits to count for Silvers/Reds. That would discourage ST holders in a big way and I just can't see them doing it.

I agree with the unfairness of a Silver with 12 credits (having been to Wigan away, Sunderland away) losing out to a Gold member with 1 credit, but you could also argue that these same people have served their years on the waiting list and warrant a position to be able to pick and choose. These are also people who started out at 0+ taking up Wigan away and may now be sitting on 15+ because of that.

jimmybobby12

Post by jimmybobby12 »

spinney12 wrote:
jimmybobby12 wrote:
_James_ wrote:

Good point however that would be the perfect membership. I dare say a lot of people given the opportunity would use a silver membership and go to as many away games as possibly and then have the choice on home games. It isn't right that the credit score of a silver member is practically irrelevant however I do think that season ticket holders should have some sort of priority purely for purchasing every ticket in advance.

I haven't worded that greatly but you must see my point?
Yes completely see where your coming. Golds should get some sort of priority over silver membership which does make it very complicated. I think the best way would be just to open the Travel Club membership again even if its just between May-July to allow some people to join up, or possibly have a waiting list for TC memberships so at least there giving some people a chance to get a membership even if its only a couple hundred maybe. Arsenal cant possible continue this strategy it just does not give enough fans an opportunity to watch top away games.. . .rant not over yet :lol:

_James_

Post by _James_ »

Robin_L wrote:There is no way they will disadvantage ST holders by allowing credits to count for Silvers/Reds. That would discourage ST holders in a big way and I just can't see them doing it.

I agree with the unfairness of a Silver with 12 credits (having been to Wigan away, Sunderland away) losing out to a Gold member with 1 credit, but you could also argue that these same people have served their years on the waiting list and warrant a position to be able to pick and choose. These are also people who started out at 0+ taking up Wigan away and may now be sitting on 15+ because of that.
That seems to be the way with credit the credit system, at first you need to build a total by going to less popular games like Stoke, Sunderland ect but when you get a reasonable total it becomes easier to get credits as you can go to London games so your total will be easier to maintain.

I managed to get to quite a few away games as a red member, I got to go to Wolves and Villa for midweek games, plus a few longer or less popular trips like Newcastle and Bolton. As well as a fair few champions league games (one of the reasons I think Thomas Cook was dropped was because they always seemed to ignore the credits required for a ticket, I am sure I didn't have enough for Munich last year and there were a few fans in Schalke that had red memberships on the official trip even if it sold out long before officially)

jimmybobby12

Post by jimmybobby12 »

Robin_L wrote:There is no way they will disadvantage ST holders by allowing credits to count for Silvers/Reds. That would discourage ST holders in a big way and I just can't see them doing it.

The ST holders do warrant a position to be able to pick and choose at the end of the day they are the ones giving the club the most money. However, they should still allow the silvers/reds who are the majority of the fans a way of building up points that mean something or like my previous post explains re open the TC membership or put in a waiting list in.

ColoursInMyHead

Post by ColoursInMyHead »

spinney12 wrote:Purely out of interest, what did it sell out to?
We got three at 0-5 this morning. I went on the phone and the other two went online, all three of us got through after about a three minute wait.