THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 52251
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:06 pm
Programme on last night about conjoined twins and the anguish of parents on making a decision about allowing a separation procedure to be undertaken or not.

I wasn’t overkeen to watch it, but my other half wanted to .
I'd fucking keep an eye on her mate. You've obviously pissed her off somehow. Maybe look at getting a bodyguard. Can you afford a food taster?

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 31855
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Fucccckkk Stu... You are Fuckked mate.


Image



:lol: :wink:




All joking aside that would be one very difficult watch for me...We know these things exist & happen, but that would be heart rending and Scarey..

User avatar
StuartL
Posts: 7118
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 8:22 pm
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:52 pm
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Fucccckkk Stu... You are Fuckked mate.


Image



:lol: :wink:




All joking aside that would be one very difficult watch for me...We know these things exist & happen, but that would be heart rending and Scarey..
It was a bit, but was at the same time compulsive viewing that you couldn’t take your eyes off.

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 31855
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:05 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:52 pm
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Fucccckkk Stu... You are Fuckked mate.


Image



:lol: :wink:




All joking aside that would be one very difficult watch for me...We know these things exist & happen, but that would be heart rending and Scarey..
It was a bit, but was at the same time compulsive viewing that you couldn’t take your eyes off.
:rubchin:

Oh! You mean a bit like watching the current Arsenal team?

User avatar
Midz
Posts: 3216
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:36 pm
Location: Gabba Gabba Hey!!

Re: THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

Post by Midz »

Clarkson's Farm.

Watched the first 2 episodes so far, very amusing.

John F
Posts: 746
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:41 pm

Re: THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

Post by John F »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:31 am
It isn't unusual that when I see the title or description of something as a "Documentary" that unless I have prior knowledge or interest in the subject matter of the documentary - I tend to avoid it.

Recently during times when I have found sleep difficult to find, I have been reading and or looking online to find something interesting and educational and I came across a series of 5 programmes all under the heading of "Once Upon a Time in Iraq" and it begins with just prior to the invasion of Iraq by American and British armies (something I never agreed with btw)...

We all know what has resulted from the invasion - ie: The formation and rise of Isis and the many horrors they have imposed on the people of Iraq and many other Islamic peoples/countires...

These 5 documentaries are reported from the everyday people of Iraq And those American soldiers involve din the invasion and destruction of Iraq which Bush & Blair claim was for the Safety & Peace of the world..

I highly recommend these 5 documentaries - Having watched the first one Titled: "WAR"- I knew I had to watch the others and they have given me a view and understanding of what happened AND an insight into the real reasons (Profit/Power/Corruption) that the invasion was carried out by the of the likes of Bush/Cheney and Blair and strangely how even though the people of Iraq lived under a Dictatorship of Fear (Saddam Hussein) they are now in more danger than they have ever been and how the seeds of Isis were created by the invasion and the incompetence of what followed by the US and UK Governments.

Some of it is not easy viewing - Not so much the Violence/Killing - But also because the words of the everyday Iraqi (and some American) people and soldiers who were affected by the invasion or took part in it.

There are 5 separate short programmesand must say it is Brilliant Work by all involved:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... es-1-1-war
I watched it when it first came out and it was fascinating and depressing at the same time. Well worth the watch.

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 31855
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

John F wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:29 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:31 am
It isn't unusual that when I see the title or description of something as a "Documentary" that unless I have prior knowledge or interest in the subject matter of the documentary - I tend to avoid it.

Recently during times when I have found sleep difficult to find, I have been reading and or looking online to find something interesting and educational and I came across a series of 5 programmes all under the heading of "Once Upon a Time in Iraq" and it begins with just prior to the invasion of Iraq by American and British armies (something I never agreed with btw)...

We all know what has resulted from the invasion - ie: The formation and rise of Isis and the many horrors they have imposed on the people of Iraq and many other Islamic peoples/countires...

These 5 documentaries are reported from the everyday people of Iraq And those American soldiers involve din the invasion and destruction of Iraq which Bush & Blair claim was for the Safety & Peace of the world..

I highly recommend these 5 documentaries - Having watched the first one Titled: "WAR"- I knew I had to watch the others and they have given me a view and understanding of what happened AND an insight into the real reasons (Profit/Power/Corruption) that the invasion was carried out by the of the likes of Bush/Cheney and Blair and strangely how even though the people of Iraq lived under a Dictatorship of Fear (Saddam Hussein) they are now in more danger than they have ever been and how the seeds of Isis were created by the invasion and the incompetence of what followed by the US and UK Governments.

Some of it is not easy viewing - Not so much the Violence/Killing - But also because the words of the everyday Iraqi (and some American) people and soldiers who were affected by the invasion or took part in it.

There are 5 separate short programmesand must say it is Brilliant Work by all involved:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... es-1-1-war
I watched it when it first came out and it was fascinating and depressing at the same time. Well worth the watch.


Yes, shows the truth of how Bush/Blair & Co - did it for every other reason than 7/11 AND in the process have helped de-stablise the world even more for the next 40 - 50 years - All Good for the Armaments Industry of course - which is what the Majority of the VietnamWar was all about - MONEY . PROFT . POWER.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

User avatar
wibble
Posts: 1009
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:04 pm

Re: THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

Post by wibble »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:06 pm
Programme on last night about conjoined twins and the anguish of parents on making a decision about allowing a separation procedure to be undertaken or not.

I wasn’t overkeen to watch it, but my other half wanted to .
Was the pun about your other half intentional?

User avatar
StuartL
Posts: 7118
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 8:22 pm
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

Post by StuartL »

wibble wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:04 pm
StuartL wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:06 pm
Programme on last night about conjoined twins and the anguish of parents on making a decision about allowing a separation procedure to be undertaken or not.

I wasn’t overkeen to watch it, but my other half wanted to .
Was the pun about your other half intentional?
Yea, but nobody else picked up on it ! :barscarf:

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 31855
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:39 pm
wibble wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:04 pm
StuartL wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:06 pm
Programme on last night about conjoined twins and the anguish of parents on making a decision about allowing a separation procedure to be undertaken or not.

I wasn’t overkeen to watch it, but my other half wanted to .
Was the pun about your other half intentional?
Yea, but nobody else picked up on it ! :barscarf:

Ooooh! You sneaky Devil! :D

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 52251
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:39 pm
wibble wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:04 pm
StuartL wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:06 pm
Programme on last night about conjoined twins and the anguish of parents on making a decision about allowing a separation procedure to be undertaken or not.

I wasn’t overkeen to watch it, but my other half wanted to .
Was the pun about your other half intentional?
Yea, but nobody else picked up on it ! :barscarf:
I did. But then I thought "nah, even Stu wouldn't be that obvious!" :lol: :wink:




Yep, I totally missed it too. :D

User avatar
StuartL
Posts: 7118
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 8:22 pm
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:43 am
StuartL wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:39 pm
wibble wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:04 pm
StuartL wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:06 pm
Programme on last night about conjoined twins and the anguish of parents on making a decision about allowing a separation procedure to be undertaken or not.

I wasn’t overkeen to watch it, but my other half wanted to .
Was the pun about your other half intentional?
Yea, but nobody else picked up on it ! :barscarf:
I did. But then I thought "nah, even Stu wouldn't be that obvious!" :lol: :wink:




Yep, I totally missed it too. :D
They don’t call me captain obvious at work just for fun you know :barscarf: :wink:

By the way there really was a programme on conjoined twins 👯‍♀️ that we watched, that prompted my post
Last edited by StuartL on Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 31855
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

Captain Mannering SARRR! :D


Image

John F
Posts: 746
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:41 pm

Re: THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

Post by John F »

I wasn't the biggest fan of Jeremy Clarkson and the banter on top gear appeared to be too scripted for my liking but after Watching Clarkson on the farm on prime I have changed my mind about him.He takes over the running of his farm with some disastrous results when his manager leaves despite knowing nothing about farming.The characters he works with and the banter between them make the show ,especially the chap who no one understand s so they have to subtitle him in German.Worth a look not just for the humour that Clarkson and his help display but for just how hard farming can be.

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 31855
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

Not a TV sow but 4 minutes of Billy Connolly at his best:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBMsPNI6EZE

Post Reply