Flying car...coming your way soon!

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
QuartzGooner

Flying car...coming your way soon!

Post by QuartzGooner »

Think of the mayhem on the rods, or should that be "in the skies", if this thing is mass produced!

Would give a new meaning to "overtaking" when you can just fly over that slow moving bus in front of you.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/b ... 489287.ece

From The Sunday Times
January 11, 2009
World’s first flying car prepares for take-off
Mark Harris

IS it a car? Is it a plane? Actually it’s both. The first flying automobile, equally at home in the sky or on the road, is scheduled to take to the air next month.

If it survives its first test flight, the Terrafugia Transition, which can transform itself from a two-seater road car to a plane in 15 seconds, is expected to land in showrooms in about 18 months’ time.

Its manufacturer says it is easy to keep and run since it uses normal unleaded fuel and will fit into a garage.

Carl Dietrich, who runs the Massachusetts-based Terrafugia, said: “This is the first really integrated design where the wings fold up automatically and all the parts are in one vehicle.â€

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

Im seriously worried about my current state of mind

after reading the article my first thought was 'i wonder if eboue will get one of these ?'

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Lethal wrote:Im seriously worried about my current state of mind

after reading the article my first thought was 'i wonder if eboue will get one of these ?'
If he does, he will perform some great acrobatics in it :D

RaM

Post by RaM »

If he does, he will perform some great acrobatics in it
\

I hope he doesn't decide to dive as often in his plane-car as he does on the pitch....

afc-bob

Post by afc-bob »

Eboue is confused