THE NORMAN WISDOM MEMORIAL FILM THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
OneBardGooner

Re: THE NORMAN WISDOM MEMORIAL FILM THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

Three new comedy stand-up programmes from Frankie Boyle called Prometheus:

This is Part One

Piss yer Pants funny...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0uCNucNqGg

8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

"Darkest Hour" on BBC iPlayer (for 28 days)

A truly brilliant film and a towering performance by Gary Oldman as Churchill. I cannot recommend this enough.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... rkest-hour

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Quite old now, but just watched Argo. Story of the rescue of 6 Americans from Iran in 1980 under the guise of a film crew. Excellent. Even Ben Affleck is really good in it. Recommended.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yes, a really good movie (also agree with you about affleck - can't usually stand him - but he was good in the movie) - If you liked that - You should give "Inside Man" a gander (with Clive Owen ? and Denzil Washington) I thoroughly enjoyed it, it's on Netflix at the moment

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Not a Film but 30 minutes of real Scary Shyte

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9yK1QndJSM

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:46 pm
Yes, a really good movie (also agree with you about affleck - can't usually stand him - but he was good in the movie) - If you liked that - You should give "Inside Man" a gander (with Clive Owen ? and Denzil Washington) I thoroughly enjoyed it, it's on Netflix at the moment
Jesus no. Do not watch ANYTHING with fucking Clive Owen in it man. Appalling shit actor. :censored:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:56 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Jesus no. Do not watch ANYTHING with fucking Clive Owen in it man. Appalling shit actor. :censored:
It's a really good movie mate, give it a whirl. :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:04 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
I just can't buddy. I hate Clive Owen. Hate him. Makes Danny fucking Dyer look like Laurence Olivier..... :shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:20 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:04 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
I just can't buddy. I hate Clive Owen. Hate him. Makes Danny fucking Dyer look like Laurence Olivier..... :shock:

:lol:

Could be worse could be that American Twat who couldn't act his way out of a paper bag - His name escapes me at the moment, but I do realise there are many that could fir that description. :D

John F

Post by John F »

Berlin1945 on BBC I player BBC 4.This is what the BBC does best.A non narrated documentary that just relies on witness statements and film from German citizens,prisoners of war,Jewish people in hiding and allied airmen.It starts off relatively peaceful for Berlin but then the increased allied bombing campaign s and the fear of a Russian advance begins to take its toll.

chirpy999

Post by chirpy999 »

Yes a very good series, very informative.

John F

Post by John F »

chirpy999 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:30 pm
It is not often you get to hear what it was like from a German and Russian perspective who witnessed the near destruction of a city.The second episode is harrowing.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

John F wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:33 am
chirpy999 wrote:
It is not often you get to hear what it was like from a German and Russian perspective who witnessed the near destruction of a city.The second episode is harrowing.
I highly recommend reading "Stalingrad" and "Berlin The Downfall" both by Antony Beevor for truly brilliant and harrowing depictions of the conquering of an entire city and particularly the perspective of the conquered of those cities.

John F

Post by John F »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:01 am
John F wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:33 am
chirpy999 wrote:
I highly recommend reading "Stalingrad" and "Berlin The Downfall" both by Antony Beevor for truly brilliant and harrowing depictions of the conquering of an entire city and particularly the perspective of the conquered of those cities.
Just ordered them both .Cheers DB