THE NORMAN WISDOM MEMORIAL FILM THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
OneBardGooner

Re: THE NORMAN WISDOM MEMORIAL FILM THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

HIGHLY recommend watching this it's on the BBC iPlayer for 3 weeks from today (30/12/2020)

"EARLY MAN"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... /early-man

from the Aardman ( Gromit etc) Writers/ studio.. Hilariously Funny about amongst other things the origins of football- Nick Parks is a Gooner and gets these little quips and jokes in here and there...

BRILLIANT!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I'm guessing most people have seen this! - If Not STOP Whatever you are doing or were planning to do and Watch this movie:

Available on BCC iPlayer (28 days from today 11/1/21)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... d-of-watch

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I.... um.... my eyes.... erm... I.... I just watched a trailer to a film called "The Prom". It has Meryl Streep and James cuntface Corden in it. I now challenge any of you to watch that trailer and not vomit repeatedly in your own mouth. Jesus. :shock:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:24 am
I.... um.... my eyes.... erm... I.... I just watched a trailer to a film called "The Prom". It has Meryl Streep and James cuntface Corden in it. I now challenge any of you to watch that trailer and not vomit repeatedly in your own mouth. Jesus. :shock:
Did Cordon play an overweight, fat faced fucker, who is the exact same character as “Smithy” from Gavin and Stacey ?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:37 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Did Cordon play an overweight, fat faced fucker, who is the exact same character as “Smithy” from Gavin and Stacey ?
No mate he played a more overweight, even fatter ugly faced fucker, who is the exact same character as “Smithy” from Gavin and Stacey ?
:proudtosay: :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Excellent movie on Netflix "The Dig" - with Ralph Fiennes just an excellent chilled, hugely enjoyable film...No Crash, Bang, Big Explosions... 8)

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:50 am
Excellent movie on Netflix "The Dig" - with Ralph Fiennes just an excellent chilled, hugely enjoyable film...No Crash, Bang, Big Explosions... 8)
Have been to Sutton Hoo as it’s quite local to me in Suffolk and it was quite magical.

I do love a bit of history - particularly fascinated with Mayan, Aztecs, Egyptian’s who were so far advanced in so many things.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Highly recommend this film: "Margin Call"

On BBCiPlayer for 28 days from 7/3/21.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b ... argin-call

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Well, not being a woman or a homosexual, I've never watched Gavin and Stacey so I have no idea what said "Smithy" is like. :?:

From the brief trailer to this gashfest of a "movie" that I could see through the flying arcs of my own vomit he appears to play some kind of fat homosexual that is so over the top pub-joke-gay he makes Liberace look like Clint Eastwood and I'd imagine will offend every real world gay person on the planet.

There is also some kind of noise emitting from his throat that is being advertised as "singing", but it ain't. It really ain't. :oops: :oops:

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:56 am
StuartL wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Well, not being a woman or a homosexual, I've never watched Gavin and Stacey so I have no idea what said "Smithy" is like. :?:

From the brief trailer to this gashfest of a "movie" that I could see through the flying arcs of my own vomit he appears to play some kind of fat homosexual that is so over the top pub-joke-gay he makes Liberace look like Clint Eastwood and I'd imagine will offend every real world gay person on the planet.

There is also some kind of noise emitting from his throat that is being advertised as "singing", but it ain't. It really ain't. :oops: :oops:
So you recommend it then ? :wink: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:14 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
StuartL wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

:lol: :lol:

I give it 5 stars. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:08 pm
StuartL wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:14 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
StuartL wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

:lol: :lol:

I give it 5 stars. 8)

:gayflag:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

If you like your Corrupt Cops and Right Nasty bastarrd films this is worth gander

on 4oD for the next week... British btw.... with an excellent film score by The The. 8)

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/hye ... /49672-001

corkbarry1

Post by corkbarry1 »

We watched Apollo 13 last night.
Amazing film on how the spacecraft and crew were brought safely back to Earth :barscarf:
I remember one of the experts saying "We have a computer as big as a room doing millions of calculations"
There is more computing power in your phone now than that computer then.

I know to most of ye kids this probablyl something ye know nothing about :-P

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

corkbarry1 wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:39 am
We watched Apollo 13 last night.
Amazing film on how the spacecraft and crew were brought safely back to Earth :barscarf:
I remember one of the experts saying "We have a computer as big as a room doing millions of calculations"
There is more computing power in your phone now than that computer then.

I know to most of ye kids this probablyl something ye know nothing about :-P
:lol:

The computer they used to put man on the moon in 1969 had the computing power equivalent of a modern pocket calculator! These kids nowadays have no idea! :wink: