THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
slevinlacey

Post by slevinlacey »

Due to reaching mid 20's Ive grown out of my pop punk days and have turned to diy folk/punk and folk, artists such as andrew jackson jihad, ghost mice, mystic valley band etc.

What artists you into Sam?

Gooner_Sam

Post by Gooner_Sam »

slevinlacey wrote:Due to reaching mid 20's Ive grown out of my pop punk days and have turned to diy folk/punk and folk, artists such as andrew jackson jihad, ghost mice, mystic valley band etc.

What artists you into Sam?
Im into the recent stuff like All Time Low & You me at six, been to see them both this year..

Also went to see 30 seconds to mars this year aswell, great band :) There a bit more rocky though..

RaM

Post by RaM »

Metallica fans?

Been confirmed that they'll be in Sydney this November. Worth seeing?

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Saw them at the Birmingham NEC on the Black Album tour. They were good then not sure about now.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Less of the dissing post-Bon Scott AC/DC, Sid!!! :wink:

I loved the early accadacca stuff with Bon Scott too, but Back in Black is one of the all time great albums.

I got Slash's new album on Classic Rock (the mag) with an extra track on it. Quality album. Fergie (the chick from the Peas, not the red faced rapist) is quite possibly the best female rock vocalist I have ever heard (and I include David Coverdale in that! :lol: ). She is in the wrong job with the Peas. That bird can SIIIIIINNNGGG!!! 8)

Loads of good stuff on it but Lemmy is a bit shit. And the clown from Maroon 5 is just awful. How did that whining little pop singer bitch get on this album? Who did he chugg to get on there? Seriously. :evil:

Great to hear Slash actually shredding too on the song with M Shadows from Avenged Sevenfold. Quality work, Slash"y. 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

RaM wrote:Metallica fans?

Been confirmed that they'll be in Sydney this November. Worth seeing?
If they do enough of the old stuff then deffo worth seeing. 8)

RaM

Post by RaM »

DB10GOONER wrote:Less of the dissing post-Bon Scott AC/DC, Sid!!! :wink:

I loved the early accadacca stuff with Bon Scott too, but Back in Black is one of the all time great albums.

I got Slash's new album on Classic Rock (the mag) with an extra track on it. Quality album. Fergie (the chick from the Peas, not the red faced rapist) is quite possibly the best female rock vocalist I have ever heard (and I include David Coverdale in that! :lol: ). She is in the wrong job with the Peas. That bird can SIIIIIINNNGGG!!! 8)

Loads of good stuff on it but Lemmy is a bit shit. And the clown from Maroon 5 is just awful. How did that whining little pop singer bitch get on this album? Who did he chugg to get on there? Seriously. :evil:

Great to hear Slash actually shredding too on the song with M Shadows from Avenged Sevenfold. Quality work, Slash"y. 8)
Out of interest...what did Chris Cornell do on the album?

And Dave Grohl?

Positive contributions from those two? When I saw the list of contributers they stood out.

As for best female rock vocalist, I would have to say Amy Lee from Evanescence is the superior candidate.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

RaM wrote:

And Dave Grohl?

Positive contributions from those two? When I saw the list of contributers they stood out.

As for best female rock vocalist, I would have to say Amy Lee from Evanescence is the superior candidate.
Amy Lee is quality but wait til you hear Fergie. Seriously. Hair up on back of neck moment! :shock: 8)

Dave Grohl plays drums on an instrumental with Slash Duff and Steven Adler.

Chris Cornell's song is quality too. Some brilliant vocal melodies and really classy guitar touches from Slash.

I always liked G 'N' R but I have to say as a metal guitarist myself (and very into VH, Vai and Randy Rhoads techy playing stuff) I never really rated Slash but his playing on this album is really good.

Some cool very Led Zep stuff from the (Aussie, I think) guy Andrew Stockdale from Wolfmother too.

Big surprise is the bonus track on Classic Rock version is a duet between the bird from Pussy Cat Dolls and Alice Cooper and it is actually quite good. She has a FILTHY voice!
8) :wink:

RaM

Post by RaM »

DB10GOONER wrote:
RaM wrote:

And Dave Grohl?

Amy Lee is quality but wait til you hear Fergie. Seriously. Hair up on back of neck moment! :shock: 8)

Dave Grohl plays drums on an instrumental with Slash Duff and Steven Adler.

Chris Cornell's song is quality too. Some brilliant vocal melodies and really classy guitar touches from Slash.

I always liked G 'N' R but I have to say as a metal guitarist myself (and very into VH, Vai and Randy Rhoads techy playing stuff) I never really rated Slash but his playing on this album is really good.

Some cool very Led Zep stuff from the (Aussie, I think) guy Andrew Stockdale from Wolfmother too.

Big surprise is the bonus track on Classic Rock version is a duet between the bird from Pussy Cat Dolls and Alice Cooper and it is actually quite good. She has a FILTHY voice!
8) :wink:
Oh cool, sounds interesting.

Slash is playing in Sydney sometime soon too, but don't think I'll be going.

Yep, the Wolfmother guy is an Aussie. Not a big Wolfmother fan myself though.

Is it the Asian pussy cat doll? I never knew this until recently...but she's married to Perry Farrell from Jane's Addiction! :shock: Only found out after seeing them live because I read that one of the hooker-ish dancing women on stage was actually Perry's wife. :lol:

And if you're into metal guitar work, you could surely appreciate the genius of Meshuggah. Have you listened to them?

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

RaM wrote:

And Dave Grohl?

The only worthwhile female contribution to Rock music, is as backstage groupies.

xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

stick your gothic warblers up your arse :lol:

Candace Kucsulain - QUEEN OF HARDCORE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nw4KM3Ineg

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

xDAVEYx wrote:stick your gothic warblers up your arse :lol:

Candace Kucsulain - QUEEN OF HARDCORE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nw4KM3Ineg
She looks a right minger.

xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

its the tattoos isnt it? :lol:

shes only about 5ft tall, they're awesome live and i dont listen to them because of her looks. one of my favourite bands ever.

and i love that picture :wink:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

xDAVEYx wrote:its the tattoos isnt it? :lol:

shes only about 5ft tall, they're awesome live and i dont listen to them because of her looks. one of my favourite bands ever.

and i love that picture :wink:
I'm afraid I've never fuckin heard of them. :wink:

xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

watch the link then ya miserable bastard! :lol: :wink: