THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
John F

Re: THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

Post by John F »

If you liked the Boys then Future man on prime has the same sort of black humour and violence.Seth Rogan produced both.It is about time travellers trying to change the future .It takes the mickey out of the classics like the terminator and other sci fi films.Series one is good,series2 was crap and went bonkers but it picks up again for series 3.Apparitions on prime also was enjoyable.A bit dated but a good supernatural series.

Midz

Post by Midz »

OneBardGooner - recommends - The Queen's Gambit
I'll watch the pilot and let you know how it goes.
JohnF - recommends - Future Man
I'll watch the pilot of this too and let you know how it goes.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:00 pm

The Queen's Gambit starts off a bit slow / Meh!...But it Really IS Good, also the star of the show (the adult version/one) is WOWWWZAAA! :D

Midz

Post by Midz »

It takes me a while to get round to watching stuff :D

So far I've watched half of the Future Man pilot. It did make me laugh when he shot his load over the guy in black.

John F

Post by John F »

Midz wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:22 pm
It takes me a while to get round to watching stuff :D

So far I've watched half of the Future Man pilot. It did make me laugh when he shot his load over the guy in black.
There is an unfortunate or fortunate consequence of travelling through time together that made me laugh.

Midz

Post by Midz »

I've watched the first season of Future Man now and had many laughs throughout its course. A big thank you to John F for that one.

I'll carry on watching it as it's good fun.

The Queen's Gambit is still on my 'to watch' list.

John F

Post by John F »

Midz wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:24 pm
I've watched the first season of Future Man now and had many laughs throughout its course. A big thank you to John F for that one.

I'll carry on watching it as it's good fun.

The Queen's Gambit is still on my 'to watch' list.
Glad you enjoy it but I have got to warn you I didn't really enjoy the second series and nearly gave up on it but as I said the third series is an improvement on the second.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I'm watching The Terror at the moment on BBC iPlayer. Must admit the title put me off as I don't like Horror / scary stuff, but someone said it is much more than that and based on a true story of 2 ships The Eremus and the Terror attempting to sail to the North Pole, also Ridley Scott is the Executive Producer ( or the main one).. and have to admit it really is good, to the point where it is very Binge worthy...sudden 3 episodes in ( 1 hour per episode) and think fuckk where's the evening gone!..

All highly plausible as well..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/ ... d=p0954l6v

John F

Post by John F »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:09 pm
I'm watching The Terror at the moment on BBC iPlayer. Must admit the title put me off as I don't like Horror / scary stuff, but someone said it is much more than that and based on a true story of 2 ships The Eremus and the Terror attempting to sail to the North Pole, also Ridley Scott is the Executive Producer ( or the main one).. and have to admit it really is good, to the point where it is very Binge worthy...sudden 3 episodes in ( 1 hour per episode) and think fuckk where's the evening gone!..

I'm enjoying it as well.Its like a good old fashioned horror film.Some people have complained that it takes a while to get going when really it is just slowly building up the tension.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

John F wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:43 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

I'm enjoying it as well.Its like a good old fashioned horror film.Some people have complained that it takes a while to get going when really it is just slowly building up the tension.
:high5: Absolutely, some people do not seem to be able to 'enjoy' and 'savour' a good film that isn't all about being fast paced with loud bangs, screams and lot's of gore.

John F

Post by John F »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:52 am
John F wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:43 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

:high5: Absolutely, some people do not seem to be able to 'enjoy' and 'savour' a good film that isn't all about being fast paced with loud bangs, screams and lot's of gore.
Just finished it and it was excellent.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

It was... Also I think it was the only the kind of ending that was worthy of the whole Drama

***SPOILER ALERT FOR THOS WHO HAVEN'T SEEN THE END***

Glad to see that Hinkey cunnt get his! :lol: :barscarf:

John F

Post by John F »

Midz wrote:
Another one with similar humour is Ash v the Evil Dead NETFLIX. It is another mickey take of the slasher horror movies and there is an unusual fight that he has in the second series with corpse intestines that will make you laugh.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

John F wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:05 am
Midz wrote:
Another one with similar humour is Ash v the Evil Dead NETFLIX. It is another mickey take of the slasher horror movies and there is an unusual fight that he has in the second series with corpse intestines that will make you laugh.

:shock: :lol:

John F

Post by John F »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:40 pm
John F wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:05 am
Midz wrote:

:shock: :lol:
If you only watch one episode of this series then series 2 episode 2 about ten minutes in,the fight in the mortuary and how it ends is something I have never seen before. Strong stomach needed 😊