THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
DB10GOONER

Re: THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

Post by DB10GOONER »

John F wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:34 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:40 pm
John F wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:05 am
Midz wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:00 pm
OneBardGooner - recommends - The Queen's Gambit
I'll watch the pilot and let you know how it goes.
JohnF - recommends - Future Man
I'll watch the pilot of this too and let you know how it goes.
Another one with similar humour is Ash v the Evil Dead NETFLIX. It is another mickey take of the slasher horror movies and there is an unusual fight that he has in the second series with corpse intestines that will make you laugh.

:shock: :lol:
If you only watch one episode of this series then series 2 episode 2 about ten minutes in,the fight in the mortuary and how it ends is something I have never seen before. Strong stomach needed 😊
Hmm.... I'm intrigued. :rubchin:

I loved the Evil Dead movies ("Yo she bitch" and "This.... is my broomstick" are two of my favourite movie quotes :lol: ) but wasn't sure about giving this a go. I will try it.

John F

Post by John F »

Finding Jack Charlton BBC i player is very good.It concentrated a lot on his time with Ireland.The story why Paul McGrath didn't turn up for Ireland because he got drunk and took the first plane he could get on and ended up in Israel was amusing.My mum like so many others fell victim to dementia and seeing Jack at the end losing some of his precious memories to that dreadful disease was a hard watch.
I don't think O'Leary liked him very much.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

John F wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:45 pm
Finding Jack Charlton BBC i player is very good.It concentrated a lot on his time with Ireland.The story why Paul McGrath didn't turn up for Ireland because he got drunk and took the first plane he could get on and ended up in Israel was amusing.My mum like so many others fell victim to dementia and seeing Jack at the end losing some of his precious memories to that dreadful disease was a hard watch.
I don't think O'Leary liked him very much.
O'Leary is a complete cùnt in fairness. :censored:

He was disliked by most people he played with and I despise him for his carry on at Elland Road. :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:37 am
John F wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
John F wrote:
Midz wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:00 pm

I'll watch the pilot and let you know how it goes.

I'll watch the pilot of this too and let you know how it goes.
Another one with similar humour is Ash v the Evil Dead NETFLIX. It is another mickey take of the slasher horror movies and there is an unusual fight that he has in the second series with corpse intestines that will make you laugh.

If you only watch one episode of this series then series 2 episode 2 about ten minutes in,the fight in the mortuary and how it ends is something I have never seen before. Strong stomach needed 😊

I loved the Evil Dead movies ("Yo she bitch" and "This.... is my broomstick" are two of my favourite movie quotes :lol: ) but wasn't sure about giving this a go. I will try it.
Great recommendation John. 8) Loving it big time. :lol: That scene in the morgue had me laughing out loud and my missus gagging (but more about that later! :shock: ).

That morgue scene did remind me a bit of the elephant scene in the movie "Grimsby". :lol:

John F

Post by John F »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:18 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
John F wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
John F wrote:

Great recommendation John. 8) Loving it big time. :lol: That scene in the morgue had me laughing out loud and my missus gagging (but more about that later! :shock: ).

That morgue scene did remind me a bit of the elephant scene in the movie "Grimsby". :lol:
Have you got to the fight with the dirty mag in the sperm bank yet.Rodders would enjoy it :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

John F wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:11 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:18 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
John F wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Have you got to the fight with the dirty mag in the sperm bank yet.Rodders would enjoy it :D
Not yet. Just watched the one where he bonds (very temporarily :lol: ) with his dad... :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Just watched the 1st episode of Ash vs the Evil Dead (?)

It is sooo Bad it is Good if you know what I mean?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 12:41 pm
Just watched the 1st episode of Ash vs the Evil Dead (?)

It is sooo Bad it is Good if you know what I mean?
Yep it's deliberate cheese just like the movies were. Stick with it mate there are many laugh out loud moments throughout the three series. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

When he's porking that woman in the bar from behind and slapping her on the arris with his fake hand .. saying "you like my wood" :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 3:50 pm
When he's porking that woman in the bar from behind and slapping her on the arris with his fake hand .. saying "you like my wood" :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Midz

Post by Midz »

sorry, wrong thread! Ooops.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 7:54 pm
sorry, wrong thread! Ooops.

I haven't seen that one! Which channel is it on? :?

:D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

It isn't unusual that when I see the title or description of something as a "Documentary" that unless I have prior knowledge or interest in the subject matter of the documentary - I tend to avoid it.

Recently during times when I have found sleep difficult to find, I have been reading and or looking online to find something interesting and educational and I came across a series of 5 programmes all under the heading of "Once Upon a Time in Iraq" and it begins with just prior to the invasion of Iraq by American and British armies (something I never agreed with btw)...

We all know what has resulted from the invasion - ie: The formation and rise of Isis and the many horrors they have imposed on the people of Iraq and many other Islamic peoples/countires...

These 5 documentaries are reported from the everyday people of Iraq And those American soldiers involve din the invasion and destruction of Iraq which Bush & Blair claim was for the Safety & Peace of the world..

I highly recommend these 5 documentaries - Having watched the first one Titled: "WAR"- I knew I had to watch the others and they have given me a view and understanding of what happened AND an insight into the real reasons (Profit/Power/Corruption) that the invasion was carried out by the of the likes of Bush/Cheney and Blair and strangely how even though the people of Iraq lived under a Dictatorship of Fear (Saddam Hussein) they are now in more danger than they have ever been and how the seeds of Isis were created by the invasion and the incompetence of what followed by the US and UK Governments.

Some of it is not easy viewing - Not so much the Violence/Killing - But also because the words of the everyday Iraqi (and some American) people and soldiers who were affected by the invasion or took part in it.

There are 5 separate short programmesand must say it is Brilliant Work by all involved:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... es-1-1-war

Midz

Post by Midz »

https://youtu.be/3u7EIiohs6UTed Lasso

Anyone else seen it?

Very good.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Programme on last night about conjoined twins and the anguish of parents on making a decision about allowing a separation procedure to be undertaken or not.

I wasn’t overkeen to watch it, but my other half wanted to .