THE CHARLIE! CHARLIE! one of our own 'GOOD GUYS' THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
GranadaJoe

Re: THE CHARLIE! CHARLIE! one of our own 'GOOD GUYS' THREAD

Post by GranadaJoe »

Tomas Rosicky, who announced his retirement today. A top player and a top bloke.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:36 pm
Tomas Rosicky, who announced his retirement today. A top player and a top bloke.
Fantastic player. Never seen a player so adept with both feet that could ping a pass onto a 5 pence piece at 50 yards with instep, outstep, laces, and either foot, so well. 8) And THAT goal against the scum... 8) 8) Shame his career was blighted by our Victorian-style medical staff.... :roll:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Well said mate. Its easy to become bitter with players associated with Wenger and his ludicrous contract extensions but Rosicky was a class player

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:11 am
GranadaJoe wrote:
Fantastic player. Never seen a player so adept with both feet that could ping a pass onto a 5 pence piece at 50 yards with instep, outstep, laces, and either foot, so well. 8) And THAT goal against the scum... 8) 8) Shame his career was blighted by our Victorian-style medical staff.... :roll:
Which one v the scum - he got a few I can recall

Away in the first min or so - and we held on for a totally undeserved 0-1 win.

At home in the semi of the carling / milk / littlewoods / corobo cup in off the post which only just crossed the line.

Home, dispossessed £50m man :roll: Danny Rose on the halfway line then delicately chipping home

Or the sweet little flick with his outstep past Freidal to put us 3-2 up in one of the 5-2 turnaround matches.

Little Mozart, great player, wish he had stayed fit and played more

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

For any Gooner into Memorabilia and collecting Arsenal FC stuff - Then watch this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMMGgtOJAQc

(6 Minutes in - DB will faint) :wink:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Jack Whitehall,

who, announcing that Harry Kane would be presenting an award, stated, 'It's the only trophy he'll get to hold'.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:50 pm
Jack Whitehall,

who, announcing that Harry Kane would be presenting an award, stated, 'It's the only trophy he'll get to hold'.
:lol: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I wanted to share this, but honestly didn't know where to post it.

Brought tears to my eyes man. :cry:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05zj3yc

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Roger Waters -

On Desert Island discs, wanted a satellite dish to watch the Arsenal. :barscarf: :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43676359

Pity he didn't get the other robbing scumbag as well. :box:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Never seen that guy pass backwards, it's like it was drilled out of him when he was young. everytime he came on the he upped the tempo.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

The Coronavirus! If it brings the plge season to an early end, with the vermin bindipping mousers not mathematically champions!

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

My brother Bob or Robert as he was called in his teaching days in Willesden Green, he was a top top guy who loved The Arsenal,died after suffering from Alhzeimers.

He was 20 years older than me and was a great all round sportsman and father and grandfather.

I still remember him from my youth when he would pop down for weekends, he was so much fun and I would cry when he would go back home.

Later on he would just turn up on my doorstep and I would invite him in and he would stay for days on end (drinking all my beer :lol: ) and we would have stupid water fights in the garden that started with my sons water guns and ended up with buckets of water :lol:

As a teenager I would get the bus and stay with him when he used to live in Southampton, he would take me to watch Hampshire play cricket, those days were magical and unforgettable.

I wasn't going to post this as it upsets me to even write it but thought he needed a mention to some fellow gooners.

Now its got me crying again, see this is what it does writing something so personal, we all have to grasp this life and live it to the full because its only brief and gone in the blink of an eye.

I've lost my eldest brother an sister (Gloria) within a year, they were quite a few years older than me but that doesn't detract from the loss.

My nephew David who played for The Arsenal youth up until he was 15 before some idiot broke his leg in a kick about in the park died at 28, his wife died 3 weeks later from which the coroner could not identify, they left 2 and 6 old children, his funeral flowers were all Arsenal colours and we all wore red ties.

I have a huge family so maybe the odds are I'm going to suffer more losses as the percentages are higher but as a family oriented man that is just hard to bare.

Sorry to drag anyone down because I know I only post jokes (and not very funny ones I know) but needed to mention these guys.

I've posted this a few times and always deleted it.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:05 pm
My brother Bob or Robert as he was called in his teaching days in Willesden Green, he was a top top guy who loved The Arsenal,died after suffering from Alhzeimers.

He was 20 years older than me and was a great all round sportsman and father and grandfather.

I still remember him from my youth when he would pop down for weekends, he was so much fun and I would cry when he would go back home.

Later on he would just turn up on my doorstep and I would invite him in and he would stay for days on end (drinking all my beer :lol: ) and we would have stupid water fights in the garden that started with my sons water guns and ended up with buckets of water :lol:

As a teenager I would get the bus and stay with him when he used to live in Southampton, he would take me to watch Hampshire play cricket, those days were magical and unforgettable.

I wasn't going to post this as it upsets me to even write it but thought he needed a mention to some fellow gooners.

Now its got me crying again, see this is what it does writing something so personal, we all have to grasp this life and live it to the full because its only brief and gone in the blink of an eye.

I've lost my eldest brother an sister (Gloria) within a year, they were quite a few years older than me but that doesn't detract from the loss.

My nephew David who played for The Arsenal youth up until he was 15 before some idiot broke his leg in a kick about in the park died at 28, his wife died 3 weeks later from which the coroner could not identify, they left 2 and 6 old children, his funeral flowers were all Arsenal colours and we all wore red ties.

I have a huge family so maybe the odds are I'm going to suffer more losses as the percentages are higher but as a family oriented man that is just hard to bare.

Sorry to drag anyone down because I know I only post jokes (and not very funny ones I know) but needed to mention these guys.

I've posted this a few times and always deleted it.
Wow man. What a wonderful tribute to your brother, Lefty. I'm welling up reading it mate. I'm so sorry for your loss. May Rob rest in peace. 8)

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

a lovely tribute to your brother
I hope writing the post has helped you
RIP Bob