Mark Noble

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Kiki

Mark Noble

Post by Kiki »

Talk that he is about to declare for the Republic of Ireland. Would be a coup for us if true.

I think he was with us for a time in him youth :?:

REB

Post by REB »

my brother in law is a west ham supporter and he reckons noble is shite and shouldnt be near any first team. then again when ireland play with such crap midfielders then i suppose anything is an improvement ,

Kiki

Post by Kiki »

REBEL GOONER wrote:my brother in law is a west ham supporter and he reckons noble is shite and shouldnt be near any first team. then again when ireland play with such crap midfielders then i suppose anything is an improvement ,
To be fair, For the last couple of seasons he has been pretty good and he still is only young. I wont get my hopes up too much until he declares. Ciaran Clark of Villa declared recent as did Barry Maguire of FC Utrecht, He looks very impressive.

Pilly

Re: Mark Noble

Post by Pilly »

Kiki wrote:Talk that he is about to declare for the Republic of Ireland. Would be a coup for us if true.

As I said in a previous thread - what the tarmacers need is a team full of Engerland rejects (Mark Noble, Kevin Nolan, Jamie O'Hara, etc.), then they might actually start qualifying for some tournaments again a la 1994.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

PHP wrote:
Kiki wrote:Talk that he is about to declare for the Republic of Ireland. Would be a coup for us if true.

As I said in a previous thread - what the tarmacers need is a team full of Engerland rejects (Mark Noble, Kevin Nolan, Jamie O'Hara, etc.), then they might actually start qualifying for some tournaments again a la 1994.
Utter bollocks. England are fucking shite.

I don't rate the current manager but they came within a whisker of the last tournament with a mostly average side.

We don't need mugs like that. Andy Reid and Stephan Ireland piss all over the above names, and they aren't even in the squad. As does James Mcarthy.

Pilly

Post by Pilly »

Irish Gooner wrote:
PHP wrote:

Utter bollocks. England are fucking shite.

I don't rate the current manager but they came within a whisker of the last tournament with a mostly average side.

We don't need mugs like that. Andy Reid and Stephan Ireland piss all over the above names, and they aren't even in the squad. As does James Mcarthy.
Sometimes the truth hurts, mate.

REB

Post by REB »

PHP wrote:

lets not get started on how crap ingurland are with there overpaid overrated wankers and a manager on 6million a year for doing fuck all, as for your comment a la 1994 well you forgot ireland did play in the 2002 world cup, and while i put arsenal first over Ireland every time i still feel a bit of pride when a country of only 4million people can do themselves proud unlike a country of 60million people who cant get close to ever winning anything.

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

Heard this rumour yesterday, but will wait and see. Personally i think he'd be a good addition to the squad.

I also agree its time to go down the 2nd gen route for eire. O'Hara and Nolan imo would walk straight into the team, sorry but Noble, O'Hara and Nolan piss all over the current crop of, Andrews, Green, Whelan, Fahey and Gibson.

I really dont know how seamus coleman didnt get into the team for the last two games either!!!!

Agree Reid should be is the squad, but like AW Trapp is a stubborn old fecker.

As for stephen ireland.......he can fuck rite off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I think the 2nd gen route is the only way to progress over the next 4 years, there just arent enough young irish lads coming through the ranks. And if you do look at the set up at youth level, an awful lot of them are english born anyway, so why not look at some of the more senior players who may have an irish granny.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

REBEL GOONER wrote:
PHP wrote:

lets not get started on how crap ingurland are with there overpaid overrated wankers and a manager on 6million a year for doing fuck all, as for your comment a la 1994 well you forgot ireland did play in the 2002 world cup, and while i put arsenal first over Ireland every time i still feel a bit of pride when a country of only 4million people can do themselves proud unlike a country of 60million people who cant get close to ever winning anything.
Come on lads, people in glass houses and all that. People say we underachieve, i would say we punch at just about our weight, which is considerably higher then the RoI or any of the home countries.

Im all for slagging England's players, but to use it to deflect from the fact that you've been relying on English rejects for decades is a tad weak :oops:

Pilly

Post by Pilly »

REBEL GOONER wrote:lets not get started on how crap ingurland are with there overpaid overrated wankers and a manager on 6million a year for doing fuck all,
This isn't a thread about England. Why are some Irish people so obsessed with England? Inferiority complex perhaps?!
REBEL GOONER wrote:as for your comment a la 1994 well you forgot ireland did play in the 2002 world cup, and while i put arsenal first over Ireland every time i still feel a bit of pride when a country of only 4million people can do themselves proud unlike a country of 60million people who cant get close to ever winning anything.
Oireland's most successful ever team was in 1994 and was full of Englishmen. Fact.
Last edited by Pilly on Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

REB

Post by REB »

considering the fact that england has a population over twice that of the other uk and ireland countries combined and is home to the so called best league in the world then i think england hardly punch there weight but are serial underachievers in there weight division.

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

PHP wrote: Oireland's most successful ever team was in 1994 and was full of Englishmen. Fact.
Nah they were English born Irishmen.

Pilly

Post by Pilly »

northbankbren wrote:
PHP wrote: Oireland's most successful ever team was in 1994 and was full of Englishmen. Fact.
Nah they were English born Irishmen.
Like Cascarino the "ice cream man"?!
Last edited by Pilly on Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

No, that was David Noble.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

REBEL GOONER wrote:considering the fact that england has a population over twice that of the other uk and ireland countries combined and is home to the so called best league in the world then i think england hardly punch there weight but are serial underachievers in there weight division.
don't remember oireland winning the world cup :barscarf: 8)

then again don't remember england winning it either :oops: