Guitarist's Thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
SCREAM AIM FIRE

Post by SCREAM AIM FIRE »

kingjayson1 wrote:Guitars are a tramps best friend.
You sound like a drummer? If so...get to the back of the stage! :P

I currently have a dean razorback V(see my pic), Heavy as fuck but looks sexy as hell! looking into getting a jackson warrior or maybe a rhodes as a back up (the floyd rose gets raped, strings get snapped) Only happened once during a gig though (touch wood doesn't happen again haha)

Only been playing for just over a year (when i decided to start a band) Don't play as much as i should though can hear our stuff on the website in my sig

:barscarf:

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

i play guitar for 15 years now (more than half of my life then), but i'm not good enough considering all those years as i don't practice as I should. played guitar, bass, drums and sang on quite a few local bands (varying from reggae to heavy metal, going through blues, surf music and even brit pop). my favourite are alternative rock bands from the 90's like the pixies, rocket from the crypt, pavement, braid, smashing pumpkins, etc. lately i've been mostly playing reggae and ska.

i own a gibson les paul studio (with the gothic finishing), a squire jazz bass, a couple of acoustic guitars and some more stuff. i record a lot at home (using cubase), mostly rock'n'roll, ska, reggae and punk rock. my amp was a marshall jcm900 with a marshall 4x12 but i had to sell it to help gather money to buy my apartment. one of the toughest moments of my life was when the lad came to my place and took my jcm away :cry:

photography, arsenal, music, tits and friends are what make brazilianGOONER breathe 8) :barscarf:

nexum5me

Post by nexum5me »

i've been playing for 17 years ish. (play drums as well for about 13) and played in a band for a few years, here's my guitar and amp :)

Image marshal 1950 something reissue, can't be bothered to get up and look even though it's right behind me, it's 15 years old (and purple :D)

Image gibson nighthawk, got that new around 12 years ago, they don't make them anymore :(

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Why am I not surprised that Kellyslop started a thread about strumming! I bet he sits alone in his room strumming away most nights!

:lol: :lol: :awnker:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SPUDMASHER wrote:Why am I not surprised that Kellyslop started a thread about strumming! I bet he sits alone in his room strumming away most nights!

:lol: :lol: :awnker:
Well, I do like a good strum! :D

It's a thread so! Sticky in the basement. Just where Spuddy likes it so... :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

brazilianGOONER wrote:i play guitar for 15 years now (more than half of my life then), but i'm not good enough considering all those years as i don't practice as I should. played guitar, bass, drums and sang on quite a few local bands (varying from reggae to heavy metal, going through blues, surf music and even brit pop). my favourite are alternative rock bands from the 90's like the pixies, rocket from the crypt, pavement, braid, smashing pumpkins, etc. lately i've been mostly playing reggae and ska.

i own a gibson les paul studio (with the gothic finishing), a squire jazz bass, a couple of acoustic guitars and some more stuff. i record a lot at home (using cubase), mostly rock'n'roll, ska, reggae and punk rock. my amp was a marshall jcm900 with a marshall 4x12 but i had to sell it to help gather money to buy my apartment. one of the toughest moments of my life was when the lad came to my place and took my jcm away :cry:

photography, arsenal, music, tits and friends are what make brazilianGOONER breathe 8) :barscarf:
I've been recording alot recently too. All instrumental stuff. Have Adobe Audition 3 and Cubase. I also am running everything through Guitar Rig 4 and it kicks ass.

REB

Post by REB »

why is it a sticky :?:

already a music thread :shock:

brazilianGOONER

DB10GOONER wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:i play guitar for 15 years now (more than half of my life then), but i'm not good enough considering all those years as i don't practice as I should. played guitar, bass, drums and sang on quite a few local bands (varying from reggae to heavy metal, going through blues, surf music and even brit pop). my favourite are alternative rock bands from the 90's like the pixies, rocket from the crypt, pavement, braid, smashing pumpkins, etc. lately i've been mostly playing reggae and ska.

I've been recording alot recently too. All instrumental stuff. Have Adobe Audition 3 and Cubase. I also am running everything through Guitar Rig 4 and it kicks ass.
really mate? do you record the bass with it as well? how does it sound?

since i sold my JCM i never got really good guitar sounds, right now i'm using sometimes my behringer v-amp and sometimes i borrow a mate's line6 POD which is a bit better.

however neither sound anywhere near the real deal imo... :?

what do you use for drums? i've been using easydrummer with a few extra drumkits and i'm quite delighted with the result :barscarf:

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzae_SqbmDE

Mr Kelly on banjo :lol:

Actually a great piece of music. Most of it played on only two strings. One of the few pieces I can play on my old Tanglewood acoustic. I left it too late to be any good at it. But it's nice to be able to knock out a tune of any sort. Whether you're good or not. Everyone should have a bash at it. :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I've always LOVED the sound of acoustic gujitar/s (America/James Taylor/Nick Drake etc) used to mess about on an old 6 string acoustic (a Sigma = Martin Copy), only know the basic chords, but enjoy 'twiddling about and making up chords and tunes. After my divorce (3 years ago) ...I treated myself to an Avalon L32C Acoustic (made in Oirland :wink: ) Feckin' Gorgeous Sound! :-P 8) and just as I was improving, I got both hands broken when some pimp in a mercedes did a Hit & Run knocking me off my bike, I am now contending with beginnings of Arthritis in the knuckle joints... can't always reach certain chords but still enjoy playing what I can....it's my way of unwinding anytime/at the end of the day etc... would love to be able to play like John Martyn (with FX echoe chamber/s etc)

I write a lot of my own stuff - lyrics and melodies - but don't know enough about composition to make full/completed songs

Have just learnt/ am Learning:

Let It Be
Dust In The Wind
Knockin' On Heavens Door
And You And I
Biko
John Barleycorn (Traffic version)

about to tackle Blackbird :shock: :cussing:

:D 8) :wink:

Oh1 I also play N.American flute/s and I'm just starting to learn Flute (Proper) Wheeeeze ! Gasp! Turn Purple Feint! :oops: :lol:

brazilianGOONER

olgitgooner wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzae_SqbmDE

Actually a great piece of music. Most of it played on only two strings. One of the few pieces I can play on my old Tanglewood acoustic. I left it too late to be any good at it. But it's nice to be able to knock out a tune of any sort. Whether you're good or not. Everyone should have a bash at it. :D
not many things on earth (other than an arsenal goal) cheer me more than a good old bluegrass tune 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

brazilianGOONER wrote:

not many things on earth (other than an arsenal goal) cheer me more than a good old rogering up my bum 8)

:shock: :shock: :shock:

KingJayson Alert!!!!!! :moderator: :gayflag: :moderator: :gayflag: :moderator: :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:... would love to be able to play like John Martyn (with FX echoe chamber/s etc)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-6cM1Np3jw

Love that sound - what a guitarist he was :barscarf:

brazilianGOONER

OneBardGooner wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:

not many things on earth (other than an arsenal goal) cheer me more than a good old rogering up my bum 8)
:shock: :shock: :shock:

KingJayson Alert!!!!!! :moderator: :gayflag: :moderator: :gayflag: :moderator: :wink:
i don't really know what 'rogering up' really stands for but it sounds like something i wouldn't really like to do with my bum, thank you mate :lol:

brazilianGOONER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsnFvEQYJPU

this is the most inspiring solo acoustic guitar song i've ever listened to. gives me goosebumps everytime i hear it. absolutely genius (i must say i know little of the band though)

listen till the end, it's worth it. 8)