Guitarist's Thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

flash gunner wrote:
marcengels wrote:A midget rock band...

:lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hasnt Wayno got an amp he bought off of eBay? Just forgot to buy the guitar if i remember rightly :D
I'm an ampist 8)

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

Percy Dalton wrote: you are also useless, talentless c**t wasting your time doing something you are not very good at!
like we don't have another 25 threads about arsène wenger in this forum :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Percy Dalton wrote:Guitarists are c**ts who probably fuck the family pets!

Or eat them.

Either way you are noisy c**ts and as none of you are in a band any of us have heard of you are also useless, talentless c**ts wasting your time doing something you are not very good at!
8)
:shock: What!? ...Ohhh! you mean in the same way you are at living your life mate!? :D :wink:

brazilianGOONER

hey, who the fuck unstickied this??? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

brazilianGOONER wrote:hey, who the fuck unstickied this??? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I don't know but the *word censored* will get a slap. Restickied.

DO NOT FUCKING TOUCH. :evil:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:hey, who the fuck unstickied this??? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I don't know but the c**t will get a slap. Restickied.

DO NOT FUCKING TOUCH. :evil:
That reminds me of my (ex) missus ! :roll: :oops:

I've had a look on the internet (pick-ups) I think I prefer to pay once for quality rather than buy cheap buy twice/three times etc....Need to actually try some out..........

brazilianGOONER

OneBardGooner wrote: I've had a look on the internet (pick-ups) I think I prefer to pay once for quality rather than buy cheap buy twice/three times etc....Need to actually try some out..........
what do you intend do to with the pickups, mate? because let me tell you, if you intend to do some recording, then forget about pickups and buy a decent microphone and a mic pre-amp.

you can buy the best pickup in the world - nothing will capture the sound of an acoustic guitar more beautifully than a good mic pointing to the hole in the body or to the 12th fret... or in both... anyway, micing a guitar is the way to go for sound quality.

but if you are worried about simply amplifying the sound to play live or something like that, than you can forget everything i just said :lol: :lol: :wink:

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Do any of you lot do remixing or sampling?

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote: I've had a look on the internet (pick-ups) I think I prefer to pay once for quality rather than buy cheap buy twice/three times etc....Need to actually try some out..........
Ahh...the old Arsene Wenger approach then.... :roll: :oops: :lol:

brazilianGOONER

Percy Dalton wrote:Do any of you lot do muffins or pies?
:roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

brazilianGOONER wrote:
what do you intend do to with the pickups, mate? because let me tell you, if you intend to do some recording, then forget about pickups and buy a decent microphone and a mic pre-amp.

you can buy the best pickup in the world - nothing will capture the sound of an acoustic guitar more beautifully than a good mic pointing to the hole in the body or to the 12th fret... or in both... anyway, micing a guitar is the way to go for sound quality.

but if you are worried about simply amplifying the sound to play live or something like that, than you can forget everything i just said :lol: :lol: :wink:
BG is bang on with that advice RE recording an acoustic. You need to use a medium or (preferably) larga diaphragm condensor mic. Make sure it has phantom power or you'll need to buy a power supply as well.

For gigging pickups are easiest to use unless you have a top mixing desk and a top condensor mic. For "top" read "expensive as fuck".

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Being a guitar player (even though im appalling) when i saw this thread i thought it was a good subject but its turned into a load of tech-speak gobble-dee-gook (sp :wink: ) :roll: :banghead:

:wink:

brazilianGOONER

flash gunner wrote:Being a guitar player (even though im appalling) when i saw this thread i thought it was a good subject but its turned into a load of tech-speak gobble-dee-gook (sp :wink: ) :roll: :banghead:

ok flashie, that's a very good contribution, please keep writing to us.

now db10, you were saying that the diaphragm of the condenser mic should be of what impedance??

:lol: :wink:

brazilianGOONER

DB10GOONER wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:

BG is bang on with that advice RE recording an acoustic. You need to use a medium or (preferably) larga diaphragm condensor mic. Make sure it has phantom power or you'll need to buy a power supply as well.

For gigging pickups are easiest to use unless you have a top mixing desk and a top condensor mic. For "top" read "expensive as fuck".
yep. but if the intention is recording OBG, you can buy decent quality condenser mics and tube pre-amps for relatively low prices from brands like behringer. it's not top prefessional quality, but you'd be impressed with the results.

if you're going for the pickups, then i really can't help you. my acoustic guitar came with a decent pickup of its own, so i never look at the market for different brands, models, etc. and i only use it for gigs for the reason me and db10 explained before.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

brazilianGOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:Being a guitar player (even though im appalling) when i saw this thread i thought it was a good subject but its turned into a load of tech-speak gobble-dee-gook (sp :wink: ) :roll: :banghead:

ok flashie, that's a very good contribution, please keep writing to us.

now db10, you were saying that the diaphragm of the condenser mic should be of what impedance??

:lol: :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: