TOTTENHAM

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Seen the film 'Moneyball' with Brad Pitt? That is what Kroenke and Gazidis have in mind for Arsenal. Problem is, these fuckwits have no inkling that football is a totally different kettle of fish and not a 'stat-based' sport like the US ones are.

Playing Moneyball with Chamakh, Shitachi, Denilson, Diaby, Song, Flapianski, Jenkinson and Djourou is actually being penny wise, pound foolish. It leads to diminishing returns, and when Arsenal are in the Europa League next season and ST sales are massively down (how will they justify £1300 for a Europa League team??); and Arsenal are a less marketable team - the experiment will be well and truly dead. Kroenke, Wenger and Gazidis will be outed as the economic retards they well and truly are.

The difference with Moneyball and what these c*** are doing to my club is that Oakland Raiders had stuff all funds. And most of all, they WON twenty back to back games. With an insanely low wage bill.

Arsenal is the opposite: massive wage bill up there with the biggest, fuck all success. It's a total incompetent farce. A joke. Wenger actually thinks he's some kind of visionary but I've said this before and will say it again, he is a footballing dinosaur. Fergie has adapted as time has gone on, AW still doesn't watch videos of other teams, does not like the transfer market, doesn't coach technical defending, doesn't study the opposition, doesn't realise the need to mix up youth with world class talent. It'd passed him by and Arsenal need a new, young dynamic manager.

PEP GUARDIOLA PLEASE.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Oakland ATHLETICS mate.

But otherwise, I agree with every word of your post.

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

Sat 31st Dec
Swansea .vs.Tottenham .

Tuesday 3rd January
Tottenham .vs. West Brom .

Saturday 7th January
The FA Cup Tottenham .vs.Cheltenham

Wednesday 11th January
Tottenham vs Everton .

Saturday 14th January
Tottenham vs. Wolves .

Sunday 22nd January
Man City vs Tottenham .

Tuesday 31st January
Tottenham vs. Wigan

busy month for the totts but where will they drop points for us to gain ?????

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

City away I think they will lose.

That looks easy, but it will be tiring and hopefully they'll pick up some injuries.

Then they have this run:

Monday, 6 February 2012
Liverpool v Tottenham, 20:00

Saturday, 11 February 2012
Barclays Premier League
Tottenham v Newcastle, 17:30

Sunday, 26 February 2012
Barclays Premier League
Arsenal v Tottenham, 13:30

Saturday, 3 March 2012
Barclays Premier League
Tottenham v Man Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 10 March 2012
Barclays Premier League
Everton v Tottenham, 15:00

Saturday, 17 March 2012
Barclays Premier League
Tottenham v Stoke, 15:00

Saturday, 24 March 2012
Barclays Premier League
Chelsea v Tottenham, 15:00

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

I'm sure Spuds fans are looking at Arsenal fixtures and expecting us to drop points in "bankers" against Wolves, Fulham and Blackburn...
:lol:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I hate to say it but this is the first year for a very long time that I think they'll finish above us.

The difference between them and us this year is that when they have a game that looks like a certain win i.e Wolves at home, they win, we don't!

Yes I'm sure they'll drop points along the way but so will we. Will they drop 8 more than us? No, I don't believe they will. I honestly think that our fight for fourth place this year is with Chelsea, not the scum.

It is sad that we stood on the precipice of European domination in 2005 and we are now resigned to finishing behind that lot! What a negative narrow minded lot our board and manager are. They are nearly men that lack the courage to really go for it.

Start to prepare yourselves for the shit coming our way.

History is a great thing to have and past successes should not go unacknowledged but there is nothing that competes with holding the current bragging rights.

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

SPUDMASHER wrote:I hate to say it but this is the first year for a very long time that I think they'll finish above us.

The difference between them and us this year is that when they have a game that looks like a certain win i.e Wolves at home, they win, we don't!

Yes I'm sure they'll drop points along the way but so will we. Will they drop 8 more than us? No, I don't believe they will. I honestly think that our fight for fourth place this year is with Chelsea, not the scum.

It is sad that we stood on the precipice of European domination in 2005 and we are now resigned to finishing behind that lot! What a negative narrow minded lot our board and manager are. They are nearly men that lack the courage to really go for it.

History is a great thing to have and past successes should not go unacknowledged but there is nothing that competes with holding the current bragging rights.
Agree totally. We are about to become the new Spurs. sadly we have never moved on from 2005 when we should have dominated the premiership for the next decade. Thankyou Arsene

proudtosaythatname

Post by proudtosaythatname »

I hate to say this, but credit where it's due, the Spuds did yesterday evening what we should have done in the afternoon - disposed of an average side (better certainly than Wolves) without allowing them a sniff of goal. Their manager understood the importance of blending youth and experience without needing to have the message thrust down his throat 8 times :( :( :(

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Red Member wrote:I still think Arsenal will finish ahead of them :barscarf:

So you've managed to escape from your carer again have you...either that or they are a s***s fan who are sitting back watching you make a FOOL of yourself.

I think you are both in need of help......and a good slap....

:awnker: :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SPUDMASHER wrote:I hate to say it but this is the first year for a very long time that I think they'll finish above us.

Well we have been giving to them for so long now (and rightly so) but it's time for some 'payback' - and as we all know paybacks a BITCH! :cry: :banghead:

Wenger was once a great manager - but as with all things his time of greatness has passed by - time for himtoleave and for another to take the reigns and re-establish us as The Arsenal, not a bunch of tippy tappy soft bellied wankers....

We have some players (with Guts) in the squad who are not only tough, but are capable of greatness......(Wilshere, Shez, TV5, RVP, Kos, Sagna, Jenkinson, Ox, Coquelin,Frimpong, and Myaichi (great skills - dunno about his bottle)....Wenger needs to utilise them NOW! and cut the dead wood loose.

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

I agree totally. :cry:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Arsenal will finish at least 10 points behind Spuds this season.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

Babatunde wrote:Ooooh one more thing: Spuds got Gareth Bale from Southampton for £6 mil.

Wenger got Theo Walcott from the same club, for double the price.
Redknapp tried to sell Bale - thought he was a jinx
Walcott ended up costing only slightly more than him
(would of course still rather have Bale)

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

I only read the first page of this thread.

I don't really want to discuss the *word censored* up the road.

Until such time as they actually finish above us in the league they are not worthy of discussion. The *word censored*.

May I suggest that any thread about sp*rs should start and finish in the BASEMENT?

It's bad enough that the papers are creaming their jeans about those wankers. Even suggesting they could win the league. :roll:

They are *word censored*. Always have been *word censored*. Always will remain *word censored*.

BASEMENT. :twisted:

digger

Post by digger »

olgitgooner wrote:I only read the first page of this thread.

I don't really want to discuss the c**ts up the road.

Until such time as they actually finish above us in the league they are not worthy of discussion. The c**ts.

May I suggest that any thread about sp*rs should start and finish in the BASEMENT?

It's bad enough that the papers are creaming their jeans about those wankers. Even suggesting they could win the league. :roll:

They are c**ts. Always have been c**ts. Always will remain c**ts.

BASEMENT. :twisted:
Fucking this.

Newcastle were above us a month ago.

Cream always rises to the top. Shit always floats to the bottom.