RIP Thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
corkbarry

Re: RIP Thread

Post by corkbarry »

Gwen Friar RIP. Wife of Ken who has statue of him outside the Emirates.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I've just read mrgnu Peter Killington has died.

Anyone who knew Peter will know he was a larger than life character who was one of the early members of the forum.

He was a mad man in a good and bad way and as well as being very entertaining he fell out with just about everyone, including me.

Just wanted to add him to the RIP thread here and say rest well mate all forgiven fellow Gooner :cheers:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:05 pm

Anyone who knew Peter will know he was a larger than life character who was one of the early members of the forum.

He was a mad man in a good and bad way and as well as being very entertaining he fell out with just about everyone, including me.

Just wanted to add him to the RIP thread here and say rest well mate all forgiven fellow Gooner :cheers:
Ah Jesus man I'm sorry to hear that. He was a complex man. Equal parts hilarious and extremely dark at times. The day I banned him was horrible and I thought about that decision for months afterwards but ultimately it was the right decision.

After some of the stuff that happened you are very generous to forgive him Flash. Well played mate.

Rest in Peace Peter / G n u"y.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

flash gunner wrote:

<sigh>

Well said Flash, and very magnanimous and graceful of you.

I do recall those 'Pictures' (on an indoor exercise bike) and a few others, which caused great hilarity at the time
and the beach he used to visit, sorry can't call the name.. :?

R.I.P Peter. All the Pain and Heartbreak is now gone.

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

flash gunner wrote:

RIP MrGnu

How did you find out Flash ?
I was never aware of his real name just his larger than life character on here ....

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:35 pm
flash gunner wrote:

RIP MrGnu

I was never aware of his real name just his larger than life character on here ....
Through Facebook. You know how it throws up friend connections, suddenly he came up even though we have no mutual friends.

I did know his name so clicked on his profile and there were lots of RIP messages from November.

So sad hope he had happiness in the last year's of his life

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:07 am
StuartL wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:35 pm
flash gunner wrote:

RIP MrGnu

Through Facebook. You know how it throws up friend connections, suddenly he came up even though we have no mutual friends.

I did know his name so clicked on his profile and there were lots of RIP messages from November.

So sad hope he had happiness in the last year's of his life
Yeah, he came across as a bit of a tortured soul.