RIP Thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
OneBardGooner

Re: RIP Thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

Wow! He was relatively young wasn't he Sid?

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:05 am
Sean Locke, a truly great comedian.
Seen him a couple of times, really great wit.
Loved Sean Locke - wish I had got to see him perform live.

RIP Sean - you will be sadly missed by many.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:46 pm
goonersid wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:05 am
Sean Locke, a truly great comedian.
Seen him a couple of times, really great wit.
Loved Sean Locke - wish I had got to see him perform live.

RIP Sean - you will be sadly missed by many.
Terribly sad news. He was a brilliant comedian. I particularly loved "15 Stories High". 8)

RIP Sean. :(

Herd

Post by Herd »

one funny *word censored* better live than on countdown ,very much the comics comic

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58470253

Michael K Williams: aka Omar Little in The Wire found dead at only 54yrs of age.

The Wire was one of the best things on TV in ages and he was the dude most people liked .

True Dat.

RIP

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Went into the office yesterday only to be told that a one time colleague Ian has passed away - He had been battling the dreaded Cancer for some 2 years.

Following the initial Chemo course of treatment and the various drugs, he was given the All Clear - Everyone was so very happy as he truly was one of the Nicest and Kindest human beings I have ever met. But it came back during the early days of the Covid Pandemic...The Pandemic affected and interfered with his treatment regime and is partly why he didn't respond to treatment the second time round.

There were no back doors with Ian, if he had something to say he would say it, but without anger or any maliciousness and then 'move on', and continue talking to and treating that person as if it had never happened - He was a manager of 3 teams all on the front line of homelessness and literally moved mountains to get help for all the clients who came our / his way, often going out on a limb when every other person/service had given up on someone and it was not unusual for that client to respond and turn their life around...much of that down to Ian and his refusal to give up on people and situations.

Just a Sad , Sad Day.

He will be missed by so many people - I'm just gutted; especially for his wife and 2 children.

R.I.P Ian God Bless Mate.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jimmy Greaves, one of the only classy scum players there's ever been has passed away at 81. Remember him being asked who the biggest team in London was and he said "Arsenal.". He also called us a "great classy club".

Has to be said he was a great player too.

I liked his TV show too back in the day.

RIP.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

RIP Jimmy Greaves. I knew he was a bit special when I saw him at Stamford Bridge play Wolves who had 7 England internationals including Billy Wright . It was 1958 and Chelsea won 6 -2 Greaves scored 5.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

R.I.P Jimmy Greaves a Gifted Footballer and a Gentleman

I used to watch Saints & Greavsey back in they too.

Just look at the state of the pitches back then.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58613988

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

R.I.P John Challis (Boycie).

A Gooner, too.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:16 pm
R.I.P John Challis (Boycie).

A Gooner, too.
Loved Only fools and loved Boycie ("Marleeeen").

Sad news.

RIP.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:26 am
Went into the office yesterday only to be told that a one time colleague Ian has passed away - He had been battling the dreaded Cancer for some 2 years.

Following the initial Chemo course of treatment and the various drugs, he was given the All Clear - Everyone was so very happy as he truly was one of the Nicest and Kindest human beings I have ever met. But it came back during the early days of the Covid Pandemic...The Pandemic affected and interfered with his treatment regime and is partly why he didn't respond to treatment the second time round.

There were no back doors with Ian, if he had something to say he would say it, but without anger or any maliciousness and then 'move on', and continue talking to and treating that person as if it had never happened - He was a manager of 3 teams all on the front line of homelessness and literally moved mountains to get help for all the clients who came our / his way, often going out on a limb when every other person/service had given up on someone and it was not unusual for that client to respond and turn their life around...much of that down to Ian and his refusal to give up on people and situations.

Just a Sad , Sad Day.

He will be missed by so many people - I'm just gutted; especially for his wife and 2 children.

Sorry to hear about your colleague Onebard. He sounds like he was a good guy. Sad loss.

RIP.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:26 am

Just a Sad , Sad Day.

Thoughts and best wishes to you one bard and to your colleagues family.

The good, nice, decent people, going through the things you described above are one of the reasons why I don’t believe in “god”
Apologies if this upsets anyone.

Rip to to Boycie and Jimmy Greaves too.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thank you Guys it is appreciated.

I don't know about whether I believe in God either Stu, but I often think there are some humans who are almost angel-like in the way they live and give of themselves you know, anyway for me (and others) Ian was one of those.

I appreciate your taking the time to offer your condolences.