RIP Thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Nos89

Re: RIP Thread

Post by Nos89 »

RIP Glenn Frey...another talented great gone...

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

The Eagles are the highest selling American rock band ever. One of my all time favorites after Zeppelin and Skynyrd. RIP.

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

TRIBUTES have been flooding in from all across the world following the death of Animal, the legendary drummer with rock outfit Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem.
Fans of the supergroup were shocked to learn of the passing of the iconic percussionist, who passed away at just 66 following a short illness. Remaining band members Dr. Teeth, Janice, Zoot and Floyd Pepper took to the group’s Facebook fan page to announce the sad news earlier today.
“We will never forget you, brother,” read the statement from the band.
“You kept rocking ’til the very end. Be at peace now, and we’ll play again in that great muppet theatre in the sky”.
Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem had been performing together for several years before their breakout performance on the Muppet Show in 1975. The band were invited to continue as resident artists for the show, but it was Animal’s trademark intensity that won him the hearts of fans all across the world. His popularity won him appearances in every Muppet movie released, with his last role in 2014’s Muppets: Most Wanted.
“Although he had already been diagnosed with threadbaring syndrome, you would have never known he was sick,” said Fozzie Bear, speaking about the filming of M:MW.
“I’d ask him if he was feeling alright, and he’d just say ‘ANIMAL!!! HAAAAH!!!!’. That was… that was just Animal, you know?”
Other Muppets were quick to add their own tributes to their deceased colleague, with Miss Piggy stating that Animal was “a driving force in her life”, and the Swedish Chef adding that Animal always knew “how tee bork de bork”.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Henry Worsley - Explorer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35398552

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sir Terry Wogan. R I P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35453541

I didn't know he had been ill

Sad news - I know he wasn't everyone's cuppa rosie - and in many ways he was the acceptable face of the BBc - But He is said to have been a genuinely good man who didn't stitch others up and in the world of showbiz that is something.

:cry:

Cancer is such an awful way to go..... :cry:

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

RIP He was a really nice bloke, very sad.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Sad news. RIP Sir Terry Wogan.

Must be running out of space up in heaven (for those who believe) and there seems to be a mad rush to get the final spaces. When he didn't present the last Children in Need it did raise some suspicion of ill health. 2016 gonna be a bleak year.

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

If you get a chance have a listen to this.Such a humble guy.RIP Terry

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b018w7rj

Herd

Post by Herd »

Wogan was about as popular as cilla black in Ireland and in media circles !

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Herd wrote:Wogan was about as popular as cilla black in Ireland and in media circles !
From what I understand he identified very much with British culture, even more so than that of his native land.

I despised his chat show, and the Floral Dance is a crime against music, but other than that I found him pretty inoffensive.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:Wogan was about as popular as cilla black in Ireland and in media circles !
Not sure where you got that from, mate. Wogan was quite popular here, especially during the height of his chat show's fame. His identifying himself with British culture (even accepting a knighthood) didn't offend anyone in Oireland bar a few mong IRA fuckheads. Indeed he was awarded the Freedom of Limerick City by popular public demand.

He was equally proud of his dual Irish/British nationality by all reports.

I hate chat shows so wouldn't be a fan of his, but by all accounts he was a decent person. RIP.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Freedom of limerick? The equivalent of having freedom of Vanessa feltz's minge :|

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:Freedom of limerick? The equivalent of having freedom of Vanessa feltz's minge :|
:lol:

It's worse than that. Think Jordan's dirt box. :shock: :puke:

:wink:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Former Derry City player and record goal scorer Mark Farren who died at the young age of 33 after a long battle with cancer RIP

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

Maurice White founder member of funk giants Earth Wind and Fire RIP

https://youtu.be/3RZB1ON0fxk

https://youtu.be/wr0ekZlcM8E