RIP Thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
corkbarry

Re: RIP Thread

Post by corkbarry »

Gwen Friar RIP. Wife of Ken who has statue of him outside the Emirates.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I've just read mrgnu Peter Killington has died.

Anyone who knew Peter will know he was a larger than life character who was one of the early members of the forum.

He was a mad man in a good and bad way and as well as being very entertaining he fell out with just about everyone, including me.

Just wanted to add him to the RIP thread here and say rest well mate all forgiven fellow Gooner :cheers:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:05 pm

Anyone who knew Peter will know he was a larger than life character who was one of the early members of the forum.

He was a mad man in a good and bad way and as well as being very entertaining he fell out with just about everyone, including me.

Just wanted to add him to the RIP thread here and say rest well mate all forgiven fellow Gooner :cheers:
Ah Jesus man I'm sorry to hear that. He was a complex man. Equal parts hilarious and extremely dark at times. The day I banned him was horrible and I thought about that decision for months afterwards but ultimately it was the right decision.

After some of the stuff that happened you are very generous to forgive him Flash. Well played mate.

Rest in Peace Peter / G n u"y.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

flash gunner wrote:

<sigh>

Well said Flash, and very magnanimous and graceful of you.

I do recall those 'Pictures' (on an indoor exercise bike) and a few others, which caused great hilarity at the time
and the beach he used to visit, sorry can't call the name.. :?

R.I.P Peter. All the Pain and Heartbreak is now gone.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

flash gunner wrote:

RIP MrGnu

How did you find out Flash ?
I was never aware of his real name just his larger than life character on here ....

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:35 pm
flash gunner wrote:

RIP MrGnu

I was never aware of his real name just his larger than life character on here ....
Through Facebook. You know how it throws up friend connections, suddenly he came up even though we have no mutual friends.

I did know his name so clicked on his profile and there were lots of RIP messages from November.

So sad hope he had happiness in the last year's of his life

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:07 am
StuartL wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:35 pm
flash gunner wrote:

RIP MrGnu

Through Facebook. You know how it throws up friend connections, suddenly he came up even though we have no mutual friends.

I did know his name so clicked on his profile and there were lots of RIP messages from November.

So sad hope he had happiness in the last year's of his life
Yeah, he came across as a bit of a tortured soul.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Captain Sir Tom Moore has died with coronavirus.

The 100-year-old, who raised almost £33m for the NHS, was taken to Bedford Hospital after requiring help with his breathing on Sunday.

His daughter Hannah Ingram-Moore said he had been treated for pneumonia over the past few weeks and last week tested positive for Covid-19.
The Army veteran won the nation's hearts by walking 100 laps of his garden before his 100th birthday.

In a statement, Capt Sir Tom's daughters Mrs Ingram-Moore and Lucy Teixeira said: "It is with great sadness that we announce the death of our dear father, Captain Sir Tom Moore.

"We are so grateful that we were with him during the last hours of his life; Hannah, Benjie and Georgia by his bedside and Lucy on FaceTime.
"We spent hours chatting to him, reminiscing about our childhood and our wonderful mother. We shared laughter and tears together.
"The last year of our father's life was nothing short of remarkable. He was rejuvenated and experienced things he'd only ever dreamed of.
"Whilst he'd been in so many hearts for just a short time, he was an incredible father and grandfather, and he will stay alive in our hearts forever."

When I first heard the news that he had contracted the Covid virus, I thought DAMNNIT !

I hope those who haven't abided by the Social Distancing rules and continue to spread this awful fuckinn disease all catch it or the nastiest form of Cancer and they die in agony, it's because of CuntSCUM like them that this thing has been allowed to contuse spreading and mutating.

RIP Sir Tom, you were a example to One and All.

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:25 pm
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Captain Sir Tom Moore has died with coronavirus.

The 100-year-old, who raised almost £33m for the NHS, was taken to Bedford Hospital after requiring help with his breathing on Sunday.

His daughter Hannah Ingram-Moore said he had been treated for pneumonia over the past few weeks and last week tested positive for Covid-19.
The Army veteran won the nation's hearts by walking 100 laps of his garden before his 100th birthday.

In a statement, Capt Sir Tom's daughters Mrs Ingram-Moore and Lucy Teixeira said: "It is with great sadness that we announce the death of our dear father, Captain Sir Tom Moore.

"We are so grateful that we were with him during the last hours of his life; Hannah, Benjie and Georgia by his bedside and Lucy on FaceTime.
"We spent hours chatting to him, reminiscing about our childhood and our wonderful mother. We shared laughter and tears together.
"The last year of our father's life was nothing short of remarkable. He was rejuvenated and experienced things he'd only ever dreamed of.
"Whilst he'd been in so many hearts for just a short time, he was an incredible father and grandfather, and he will stay alive in our hearts forever."

When I first heard the news that he had contracted the Covid virus, I thought DAMNNIT !

I hope those who haven't abided by the Social Distancing rules and continue to spread this awful fuckinn disease all catch it or the nastiest form of Cancer and they die in agony, it's because of CuntSCUM like them that this thing has been allowed to contuse spreading and mutating.

RIP Sir Tom, you were a example to One and All.

+1
RIP Captain Sir Tom

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:33 am
flash gunner wrote:

Ah Jesus man I'm sorry to hear that. He was a complex man. Equal parts hilarious and extremely dark at times. The day I banned him was horrible and I thought about that decision for months afterwards but ultimately it was the right decision.

After some of the stuff that happened you are very generous to forgive him Flash. Well played mate.

Rest in Peace Peter / G n u"y.
Poor Mr g n u sed to love his "where am I today" posts.
I always believed he may have been bi-polar, he certainly had mental health issues and there were some on here who played on that.
One mod in particular, who no longer posts in here.
Sad news indeed.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Very nice to see the online Gooner do a piece on our mate Wilf ,he was a lovely man

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

RIP former Gunner Glenn Roeder.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Surprised no one has mentioned Murray "the voice of F1" Walker.

I was never really a fan of F1 (particularly after they started letting entitled spoiled robots drive the cars) but you could not help but be almost dragged along by Murray's commentary and personality.

RIP.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Also a mention for boxing Legend Marvellous Marvin Hagler RIP.

My old buddy and retired Gooner mod the boxing-mad MC Quartzy will probably be having a quiet toast to the man.

John F

Post by John F »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:09 pm
Also a mention for boxing Legend Marvellous Marvin Hagler RIP.

My old buddy and retired Gooner mod the boxing-mad MC Quartzy will probably be having a quiet toast to the man.
Sorry to hear about your Friend DB.
Hagler was a brilliant fighter. I was just reading about his fight with Alan Minter on wiki that I can just about remember the headlines. Alan Minter reportedly said, "no black man will take my title" which obviously motivated Hagler more and he beat him in the third round after the referee stopped the fight. What followed was a near-riot and he and his corner had to retreat under a hail of bottles. I remember him more for his controversial fight with the other legend of the time Sugar Ray Leonard when he was cheated out of it. So many good boxers about in those days but my favorite time was the Benn, Watson, Eubank, Collins era. I used to watch them in a packed pub in Surbiton called the Lamb. Great fights, Great days.