RIP Thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
DB10GOONER

Re: RIP Thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

John F wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:29 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:09 pm
Also a mention for boxing Legend Marvellous Marvin Hagler RIP.

My old buddy and retired Gooner mod the boxing-mad MC Quartzy will probably be having a quiet toast to the man.
Sorry to hear about your Friend DB.
Hagler was a brilliant fighter. I was just reading about his fight with Alan Minter on wiki that I can just about remember the headlines. Alan Minter reportedly said, "no black man will take my title" which obviously motivated Hagler more and he beat him in the third round after the referee stopped the fight. What followed was a near-riot and he and his corner had to retreat under a hail of bottles. I remember him more for his controversial fight with the other legend of the time Sugar Ray Leonard when he was cheated out of it. So many good boxers about in those days but my favorite time was the Benn, Watson, Eubank, Collins era. I used to watch them in a packed pub in Surbiton called the Lamb. Great fights, Great days.
Oh sorry John - thankfully Quartz is not dead. He used to be a mod on here and he packed it in. I should have worded that better! :oops:

John F

Post by John F »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:54 pm
John F wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:29 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:09 pm
Also a mention for boxing Legend Marvellous Marvin Hagler RIP.

My old buddy and retired Gooner mod the boxing-mad MC Quartzy will probably be having a quiet toast to the man.
Sorry to hear about your Friend DB.
Hagler was a brilliant fighter. I was just reading about his fight with Alan Minter on wiki that I can just about remember the headlines. Alan Minter reportedly said, "no black man will take my title" which obviously motivated Hagler more and he beat him in the third round after the referee stopped the fight. What followed was a near-riot and he and his corner had to retreat under a hail of bottles. I remember him more for his controversial fight with the other legend of the time Sugar Ray Leonard when he was cheated out of it. So many good boxers about in those days but my favorite time was the Benn, Watson, Eubank, Collins era. I used to watch them in a packed pub in Surbiton called the Lamb. Great fights, Great days.
Oh sorry John - thankfully Quartz is not dead. He used to be a mod on here and he packed it in. I should have worded that better! :oops:
I think it's me no wonder my trouble and strife claims I am getting senile .I told her I am just going through the memopause.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

AFTV not everyone's cup of tea divides opinion.

Really sad to read this afternoon the passing of Claude who used to be on it but left for reasons most of us would of heard.

The guy was Arsenal mad and was very much a old school fan.

RIP Claude.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Topside Northbank wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:45 pm
AFTV not everyone's cup of tea divides opinion.

Really sad to read this afternoon the passing of Claude who used to be on it but left for reasons most of us would of heard.

The guy was Arsenal mad and was very much a old school fan.

RIP Claude.
Yes, TN - As you say not too everyone's liking but he was a Gooner in every bit of is body, which over the past 18 months were accompanied by poor physical health.

I still think he was scapegoated for his mis-interpreted comments about the scum dog eater and his DVD making.

R.I P Claude Callegari.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Topside and OneBard. Apologies lads, but I deleted one line from each of your posts as his family might not like for those details to be on here. I hope you both understand.

I'd also echo your thoughts here. I hate everything about AFTV but the man was obviously a true and passionate Gooner and that should be remembered.

RIP Claude.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

I’m not an AFTV watcher - have seen some bits and pieces over the years, but sad that anyone that follows our club with the level of passion that he undoubtedly had will no longer be cheering us on.

Claude

R.I.P

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:16 am
Topside and OneBard. Apologies lads, but I deleted one line from each of your posts as his family might not like for those details to be on here. I hope you both understand.

I'd also echo your thoughts here. I hate everything about AFTV but the man was obviously a true and passionate Gooner and that should be remembered.

RIP Claude.

Apologies mate, should have left it out. Thank you. OBG :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:24 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:16 am

RIP Claude.

Apologies mate, should have left it out. Thank you. OBG :oops:
No worries OneBard mate. You were just paying tribute to the man. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Uhhhhmmmm!.

:rubchin:

Just wondering.....why aren't there any Non-White People at this blokes funeral??? :?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-56783931

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:03 pm
Uhhhhmmmm!.

Just wondering.....why aren't there any Non-White People at this blokes funeral??? :?

Because he was a spoiled entitled sponging racist inbred royal cùnt?

Do I win a prize? :barscarf: :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:20 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:03 pm
Uhhhhmmmm!.

Because he was a spoiled entitled sponging racist inbred royal cùnt?

Do I win a prize? :barscarf: :D

Yes.

Orrft with his head!

:heads:

:lol: :wink:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Alan mc Loughlin, former Republic of Ireland player.
Honest player who always gave his all.
Scored the goal against Norn Iron on a sectarian, hatred filled night in Belfast, ( made even worse by the antics of Norn Iron manager Billy Bigotted little c u n t Bingham) that took Oireland to the 94' world cup finals.
RIP!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/f ... o-24454246

Richard “woody” Woodcock

A fellow Gooner, I knew, but never met, through ArsenalLand had many a conversation with him.

He died a hero, trying to protect a neighbour’s young son.

His favourite drink was Sailor Jerry’s rum, tonight I will be having a rum in your honour mate 🥃 RIP.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:02 pm
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/f ... o-24454246

Richard “woody” Woodcock

A fellow Gooner, I knew, but never met, through ArsenalLand had many a conversation with him.

He died a hero, trying to protect a neighbour’s young son.

His favourite drink was Sailor Jerry’s rum, tonight I will be having a rum in your honour mate 🥃 RIP.
What a tragic loss of life. Good on him for doing the brave thing and not walking away. Such a huge shame it cost him his life. RIP Gooner.