RIP Thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
John F

Re: RIP Thread

Post by John F »

From what I remember of that hand of God game,Argentina were just better then us and they would of won regardless of that goal.We need to get over it.
Just out of interest what is the Irish opinion of Henry for his own hand in stopping Ireland from qualifying.If he popped his cloggs would the Irish papers be going on that incident?

Herd

Post by Herd »

Good player he's now dead ...............next . Oh yes heavy D snuffed it ...................there is a man who will be missed by no-one !

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

John F wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:23 pm
From what I remember of that hand of God game,Argentina were just better then us and they would of won regardless of that goal.We need to get over it.
Just out of interest what is the Irish opinion of Henry for his own hand in stopping Ireland from qualifying.If he popped his cloggs would the Irish papers be going on that incident?
John, like those in Ingerland, there are those here who consider him the biggest cheat in football!
I nearly came to blows with a c u n t mickey colleague, who whwn discussing the plge, I asked him who he thought was the biggest cheat, I suggested Van horse face, he went into one about TH14 and that handball, we were in a pub in wales at the time, the locals were getting concerned, and I was going to punch hus fucking head in!
I personally, though being an Ireland fan couldnt give a fuck!
What like most if these hypocritical Oirish wanker fans fail to remember about that game, was Robbie Keanes continuous diving!!
Would I have celebrated had he won us a pen?? Of course I would!! That’s football!
What is different though, is when an official cheats’ eg The Henchoz handball in the cup final!! And the cheating ref saw it!

John F

Post by John F »

goonersid wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:57 pm
John F wrote:
John, like those in Ingerland, there are those here who consider him the biggest cheat in football!
I nearly came to blows with a c u n t mickey colleague, who whwn discussing the plge, I asked him who he thought was the biggest cheat, I suggested Van horse face, he went into one about TH14 and that handball, we were in a pub in wales at the time, the locals were getting concerned, and I was going to punch hus fucking head in!
I personally, though being an Ireland fan couldnt give a fuck!
What like most if these hypocritical Oirish wanker fans fail to remember about that game, was Robbie Keanes continuous diving!!
Would I have celebrated had he won us a pen?? Of course I would!! That’s football!
What is different though, is when an official cheats’ eg The Henchoz handball in the cup final!! And the cheating ref saw it!
I just watched that Henchoz incident again and it is just unbelievable.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

John F wrote:
Just the arsehole ones, John. :wink:

For me it has always been and always will be club before country. Alot of Oireland fans are superfan cùnts - not all but a lot - and they genuinely look upon Henry as the biggest cheat in world football. :oops:

As British Sid :wink: says above, those same fans conveniently forget that one of the worst divers in history, Robbie scum Keane, spent most of that game - and most of his pathetic one-trophy "career" - doing some kind of sick impression of a new born foal with a broken spine. :roll: :censored:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I was in Mexico City for the hand of God game and saw it clearly but cest la vie Arsenal is everything to me and always has been ,Engerland is a freak sideshow ,I hate half the people who attend them and I haven't been to a live one since we got stuffed again by the jerries in euro 96 .
I used to hate the internationals when half the team would be away for Ireland or England \I used to hope they wouldn't get picked because of the injury risk !
The Henchoz one I didnt see as we were up the other end but again they awarded the cup move on else become a scouser always the poor victim !
The one I fume about is the ref adding on a lifetime of non existent injury time in the playoffs Man Shitty V Gillingham in that horrible season of 99 .

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:48 am
John F wrote:

For me it has always been and always will be club before country. Alot of Oireland fans are superfan cùnts - not all but a lot - and they genuinely look upon Henry as the biggest cheat in world football. :oops:

As British Sid :wink: says above, those same fans conveniently forget that one of the worst divers in history, Robbie scum Keane, spent most of that game - and most of his pathetic one-trophy "career" - doing some kind of sick impression of a new born foal with a broken spine. :roll: :censored:

Tbf buddy I dont think any Ireland fans actually went that far - many were rightly outraged, but most blamed the referee and c.unt beside the goal for not spotting it :roll: A lot of the difference in the two cases also comes from the fact that as a country our football diet is centered about 95% around the premier league, so most Irish footie fans would recognise henry first and foremost as a world class player, and the handball incident would be more of an afterthought for most. Secondly, and this is a big point, Irish football fans recognise their position on the footballing ladder and dont suffer notions above themselves - we know that we (Ireland) are never gonna threaten any of the big teams in world football so we dont have those unrealistic expectations, but england (as a much bigger country) believes that they are one of the worlds best teams and that they would have won that world cup had it not been for that handball :roll: Reality is that they won only one game in their group in that tournament, and while they were absolutely cheated out of that game, they were never gonna win the tournament so accept it and move on

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:55 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
John F wrote:

Tbf buddy I dont think any Ireland fans actually went that far - many were rightly outraged, but most blamed the referee and c.unt beside the goal for not spotting it :roll: A lot of the difference in the two cases also comes from the fact that as a country our football diet is centered about 95% around the premier league, so most Irish footie fans would recognise henry first and foremost as a world class player, and the handball incident would be more of an afterthought for most. Secondly, and this is a big point, Irish football fans recognise their position on the footballing ladder and dont suffer notions above themselves - we know that we (Ireland) are never gonna threaten any of the big teams in world football so we dont have those unrealistic expectations, but england (as a much bigger country) believes that they are one of the worlds best teams and that they would have won that world cup had it not been for that handball :roll: Reality is that they won only one game in their group in that tournament, and while they were absolutely cheated out of that game, they were never gonna win the tournament so accept it and move on
Not sure about down the bogs there :wink:
augie but in Dublin your average manure/Celtic twat or Mouser*/Celtic twat despise Henry for that handball and whine as much about it as anyone English ever did about Maradona.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:14 pm
augie wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:55 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
John F wrote:

Not sure about down the bogs there :wink:
augie but in Dublin your average manure/Celtic twat or Mouser*/Celtic twat despise Henry for that handball and whine as much about it as anyone English ever did about Maradona.

Aaaah! Yes, but TH14 was/is one of our own - whereas Diego was a cheating C.U.N.T

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I was genuinely saddened by maradona's death. Incredible player.
The hand of God thing i've long since gotten over that. I blame shilton for that, always will. How did 6ft 2in shilton get beaten to the ball by 5ft 4in maradona? The ball was 7ft in air when maradona got his hand there before shilton. Whether he punched it in or not shilton should've got there first,
Undeniably, the best player of his generation, we will never see another player like him. We will never again see a single player carry a team to world cup victory. Modern day coaches would not allow it.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Possibly a bit crass in light of his death but someone has to take a good old piss on this myth that Maradona won the world cup singlehandedly whilst surrounded by shit players. :roll:

Soccer fanboys like British Sid on here might believe it, but pwoppah football fans don't - and unlike British Sid we don't have posters of a shirtless Fake Ronaldo on our bedroom walls!

In that 86 team he played alongside Ruggeri, Burruchaga, Luis Brown, Batista. Not all world beaters but no slouches either, particularly when managed by the tactically astute Bilardo.

At Napoli he played with Careca and Carnevale ffs and a defence that kept 16 clean sheets in a league that is literally won by defences!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Nos89 wrote:
    Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:31 am
    I was genuinely saddened by maradona's death. Incredible player.
    The hand of God thing i've long since gotten over that. I blame shilton for that, always will. How did 6ft 2in shilton get beaten to the ball by 5ft 4in maradona? The ball was 7ft in air when maradona got his hand there before shilton. Whether he punched it in or not shilton should've got there first,
    Undeniably, the best player of his generation, we will never see another player like him. We will never again see a single player carry a team to world cup victory. Modern day coaches would not allow it.
    Absolutely, no89 me too - Shilton hardly got off the ground.

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
    Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:00 pm
    Possibly a bit crass in light of his death but someone has to take a good old piss on this myth that Maradona won the world cup singlehandedly whilst surrounded by shit players. :roll:

Soccer fanboys like British Sid on here might believe it, but pwoppah football fans don't - and unlike British Sid we don't have posters of a shirtless Fake Ronaldo on our bedroom walls!

In that 86 team he played alongside Ruggeri, Burruchaga, Luis Brown, Batista. Not all world beaters but no slouches either, particularly when managed by the tactically astute Bilardo.

At Napoli he played with Careca and Carnevale ffs and a defence that kept 16 clean sheets in a league that is literally won by defences!
    No mention of Nelson Vivas ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
    Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:53 pm
    DB10GOONER wrote:
    Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:00 pm

No mention of Nelson Vivas ?
    :barscarf: :lol:

StuartL

Post by StuartL »