Natalie's bongo's were great again this year transfer thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
mcdowell42

Re: Cusamano's (not McDowell's) Transfer rumour thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/11/20 ... en-attack/

Im doing my best for this thread but i think its a lost cause if only there was another unlocked rumours thread somewhere on the forum :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:Torres in January anyone?

When the Chavs sign Falcao he's out of there. Cuts a very miserable figure these days

Was wondering about that myself and was actually thinking that somebody (nudge nudge :wink: :wink: ) should start a new thread asking fans opinions on this idea. Personally I would have supported it in the summer but not so sure now - what would worry me now is that his body language suggests a guy that has given up and lost all love of football and if that is the case then I am not sure that a move to another club can re-ignite that passion unless that club is ath madrid maybe.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Haha Torres, if only. A fresh club and a system better suited to slick passing and clever movement rather than running your bollocks off as a lone striker (although actually that also sounds like us :lol: ) may reinvigorate him.

Will be the same problem as all big names... one of the Italian sides will undoubtedly be willing to pay £25m and £130k/w, and we won't sign him unless he's offered for a ridiculously derisory price.

Post by 1989 »

Torres is finished guys. He's got all the creativity in the world behind him in Hazard, Mata and Oscar at the chavs and still can't buy a goal. He'd be even worse for us with only Cazorla to feed him.

DarylAFC

Post by DarylAFC »

Read in todays Sun that Chamakh will leave in January.

So, Walcott and Chamakh off, Henry in on loan? When that loan deal's up we're left will Giroud, Podolski and the useless forehead. And if one gets injured? We NEED a new striker. Use the walcott cash for Huntelaar. He hates Judas I think, so I'd love him to come in and beat his goal tally 8)

Though if I'm honest, I'd rather Northampton's Akinfenwa than Walcott. :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Scottish football is shit and we all know that but the performances of Forster and winyana for Celtic in the champs league have impressed me especially as they play in positions that we need to improve in :roll:

Revgoon89

Post by Revgoon89 »

DarylAFC wrote:Read in todays Sun that Chamakh will leave in January.

So, Walcott and Chamakh off, Henry in on loan? When that loan deal's up we're left will Giroud, Podolski and the useless forehead. And if one gets injured? We NEED a new striker. Use the walcott cash for Huntelaar. He hates Judas I think, so I'd love him to come in and beat his goal tally 8)

Though if I'm honest, I'd rather Northampton's Akinfenwa than Walcott. :lol:
Reported today that Wenger might bring Henry back.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eturn.html

I take anything that the Daily Fail says with a huge pinch of salt. But having Henry as a backup is never a bad idea, he certainly seemed okay in Janurary.

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

more and more rumours here in Germany about Huntelaar signing for us in January :barscarf: :barscarf:
his contract at Schalke expires next summer... :)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Arsenal's attempts to bring former striker Thierry Henry, 35, back for another short-term loan are set to be blocked by New York Red Bulls.
Full story: Daily Star

The Gunners are also interested in signing PSV Eindhoven left-back Jetro Willems. At Euro 2012, the 18-year-old became the youngest ever player to appear in a European Championship.
Full story: Daily Express

Liverpool and Arsenal have been put on alert after 20-year-old South Korean striker Heung-Min Son revealed he is likely to leave Hamburg.
Full story: Sport1 (in German)

Two more youngsters and hopefully we can persuade NY Red Bulls to change their minds and we'll have the dream transfer window scenario for Wenger - two youngsters and a former player on loan. Where's Sol Campbell and Mad Jens ?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Found this thread down near the end of the page :roll:

Yahoo/Eurosport UK - Arsenal

Nov. 23, 2012, 5:04 a.m.

Schalke 04 striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has denied rumours that he is set to join Arsenal in January

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:Found this thread down near the end of the page :roll:

Yahoo/Eurosport UK - Arsenal

Nov. 23, 2012, 5:04 a.m.

Schalke 04 striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has denied rumours that he is set to join Arsenal in January
Arsenal all set NOT to sign a proven goalscorer of international class. Whatever next? Confirmation that Santa doesn't exist

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Say it isn't so SteveO. :worried: :worried: :worried:

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Santa would exist at left back longer than Santos has!!

Was impressed by Montpellier skipper last night and would come cheaper than Wanyama if his pricetag is to be believed.

Huntelaar would be a dream signing so unlikely!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I Hate Hleb wrote: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Say it isn't so SteveO. :worried: :worried: :worried:
Only kidding mate - Santa is a bit like the great Abou. We'd all like to see him every week, puts a smile on everyone's face but sadly we only get to see him once a year

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

And they both wear red and white!! :barscarf: :lol: Hang on.... perhaps that's why Abou hasn't been available. Perhaps the 'injury' is all a ruse and the Imperious One - as is his philanthropic way - has actually been busy preparing all the christmas gifts he will deliver to the kiddies of the world on the night of the 24th Dec.? :rubchin: :rubchin: :lol: :lol: :wink: