General Election May 7th

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Which party will you vote for in May2015

Tories
25%
Labour
17%
Lib Dems
3%
Ukip
27%
Green
13%
Nationalist (Scottish, Welsh or Irish)
5%
Unionist
No votes
Other
No votes
Never vote
3%
None of the above
7%

Total votes: 60

Chippy

General Election May 7th

Post by Chippy »

Just a bit worried we don't have enough to argue about on here atm so I thought I'd start a thread about the election in May. :twisted:

Put it here but will move it to the Cannonballs later. If any of my fellow mods want to move it earlier feel free.

I have been involved in politics since :censored: and have not seen an election with so much cynicism and anti-politics. How do we feel about stuff fellow gooners?

northbank123

Re: General Election May 7th

Post by northbank123 »

This thread has got disaster written all over it :lol:

Conservative. Yes I'm a big bad wolf.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

northbank123 wrote:This thread has got disaster written all over it :lol:

Conservative. Yes I'm a big bad wolf.
I know. I'll probably be the one to lock. Anyway you didn't vote in the poll.

augie

Post by augie »

If you don't put some nice female titties in this thread, it will die a fast painful death :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Voted Conservative last election as i despise Gordon Brown but will vote labour this year (not that Ed Miliband is a whole lot better) the country was in such a mess it needed a change

There is no party that 100% appeals to me i want a better NHS and feel social justice is important but i feel Labours immigration policies have always been too lenient.

To be fair i think the conservatives have turned the economy around but the cuts have been too drastic and the thought of public school boy millionaires telling me 'we're all in it together' after these cuts to services and wages and pensions etc etc etc being worse makes me fucking sick. Shitting on disabled people by cutting benefits to make pittance for the country while allowing Starbucks and Amazon and many other big business' to screw the country over for billions is a fucking disgrace

Liberals have shot themselves in the foot with their u-turn in coalition of many policies (not sure if you agree or disagree Chippy)

and UKIP are the biggest bunch of buffoons ive ever seen in politics, i dont agree they are racists just think many are dinosaurs who dont really understand the 21 century.

Guess Labour is the best of that bad bunch :?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

they always say dont discuss politics and religion :shock: ........ oh shit its like discussing Wenger with an AKB, actually we do need a thread to discuss Wenger :shock: :? :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Wonder how long it will take people to turn this into a rant against Wenger thread :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

flash gunner wrote:Voted Conservative last election as i despise Gordon Brown but will vote labour this year (not that Ed Miliband is a whole lot better) the country was in such a mess it needed a change

There is no party that 100% appeals to me i want a better NHS and feel social justice is important but i feel Labours immigration policies have always been too lenient.

To be fair i think the conservatives have turned the economy around but the cuts have been too drastic and the thought of public school boy millionaires telling me 'we're all in it together' after these cuts and services and wages and pensions etc etc etc being worse makes me fucking sick. Shitting on disabled people by cutting benefits to make pittance for the country while allowing Starbucks and Amazon and many other big business' to screw the country over for billions is a fucking disgrace

Liberals have shot themselves in the foot with their u-turn in coalition of many policies (not sure if you agree or disagree Chippy)

and UKIP are the biggest bunch of buffoons ive ever seen in politics, i dont agree they are racists just think many are dinosaurs who dont really understand the 21 century.

I'm not political and maybe I am taking too simplistic a viewpoint over it, but I never go along with the outrage towards companies like starbucks and amazon over their taxes (we have similar situation over here) - the way I see it is if these companies pulled out of Ireland there would be thousands of more Irish people on the dole, so instead of collecting paye taxes from these employee's, we would then be paying them out social welfare benefits that the country cant afford :oops:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

augie wrote:
flash gunner wrote:Voted Conservative last election as i despise Gordon Brown but will vote labour this year (not that Ed Miliband is a whole lot better) the country was in such a mess it needed a change

To be fair i think the conservatives have turned the economy around but the cuts have been too drastic and the thought of public school boy millionaires telling me 'we're all in it together' after these cuts and services and wages and pensions etc etc etc being worse makes me fucking sick. Shitting on disabled people by cutting benefits to make pittance for the country while allowing Starbucks and Amazon and many other big business' to screw the country over for billions is a fucking disgrace

I'm not political and maybe I am taking too simplistic a viewpoint over it, but I never go along with the outrage towards companies like starbucks and amazon over their taxes (we have similar situation over here) - the way I see it is if these companies pulled out of Ireland there would be thousands of more Irish people on the dole, so instead of collecting paye taxes from these employee's, we would then be paying them out social welfare benefits that the country cant afford :oops:
From my understanding the PAYE and benefits paid to a few thousand people from a single big company is a piss in the ocean money wise to the country compared the the millions/billions these companies should be paying. Augie you or me do not get away with not paying taxes, we'd be put inside why should they? Its a disgrace

armchair

Post by armchair »

flash gunner wrote:Voted Conservative last election as i despise Gordon Brown but will vote labour this year.....
#flipflop
#turncoat wanker

:wink: :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

armchair wrote:
flash gunner wrote:Voted Conservative last election as i despise Gordon Brown but will vote labour this year.....
#flipflop
#turncoat wanker

:wink: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

As ive had to explain once to many times :roll: :wink: my opinons change depending on how i view things at the time. Personally i think its better than being entrenched in one opinion that will never be changed (like augie) 8) :D :wink:

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

UKIP, Labour and the Cons have made a great job of ruining the country.
I would like to see a few more decent people leave the Cons and join UKIP.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

It's all about finishing fourth..

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Bradywasking wrote:It's all about finishing fourth..
Never had you down as a Liberal Democrat mate :D

The Lib Dems - truly the Arsenal of politics. In the early stages of the last election they flattered to deceive under the hollow words of their leader and briefly led the polls after a couple of decent TV appearances, before slowly collapsing, selling their identity and now languishing in 4th in the polls

I wonder if Nick Clegg will talk about remarkable consistency

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Overall I think that ze liberal democrats showed great desire. Zey seemed a little bit jaded, perhaps because they had to contest ze European elections not long ago and it is not enough time to recover. I think that there is a gap between the potential zey have shown and the election results.