Why is everything Englands fault?!

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Rugby Gooner

Why is everything Englands fault?!

Post by Rugby Gooner »

I have just watched our regional news programme, "Midlands Today" and they announced that Birmingham City Council have spent thousands of pounds on a plaque and a memorial service tonight to commemorate the massacre of muslims in Srebrenica in former Yugoslavia in 1996!!!
What the fuck has this got to do with the taxpayers of our area who have funded this bollocks?!!!
Why have English people got to pay penance for crimes that we didn't commit, and flagellate ourselves over every misdeed that has ever been purportratred ?!!!
Maybe we should get the victims of the Birmingham pub bombings to admit that it was their fault that they got killed and maimed for daring to try to enjoy a night out in a local pub!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :twisted:

Red Snapper

Re: Why is everything Englands fault?!

Post by Red Snapper »

For real? Well I suppose we've apologised for the slave trade and to all the Empire countries we left in such an awful, pillaged, uncivilised state so we might as well take the blame for the Vietnam war and allowing the Romans to build that nasty wall to exclude the Scots.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Im not sure unveilling a memorial to a war crime in a foreign Country equates to any blame being applied to England.

It might be wooly-headed, but I don't think it's been done because of any existensial guilt.

officepest

Post by officepest »

Red Snapper wrote:For real? Well I suppose we've apologised for the slave trade and to all the Empire countries we left in such an awful, pillaged, uncivilised state so we might as well take the blame for the Vietnam war and allowing the Romans to build that nasty wall to exclude the Scots.
Well we did tell the French that their policy in Indochine was untenable; and we point-blank refused the Americans when they asked for help so yeah, why not?

augie

Post by augie »

Am tempted to say that if the shoe fits...... :wink: :lol:

On a serious level, the world nowadays is filled with c.unts who like to make gestures like this when it isn't their fault, but then wont accept responsibility for the things that they should be held accountable for :roll: Talking to the wife's cousins in Birmingham leads me to believe that their city is a powder keg of racial and religious tensions, but you can bet your bottom dollar that there will be no recognition of any of those troubles by the people in power :roll:

Like many people I used to be very much a "live and let live" person and would have agreed with integration of different races and religions - nowadays it seems that the emergence of isis has led a shit load of muslims down a wrong road and it seems that even decent muslims have no inclination to help stop them. Personally I would send all muslims out to Iraq regardless of their nationality, but it seems that erecting a plaque in Birmingham is the way to go :roll:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

augie wrote:Am tempted to say that if the shoe fits...... :wink: :lol:

On a serious level, the world nowadays is filled with c.unts who like to make gestures like this when it isn't their fault, but then wont accept responsibility for the things that they should be held accountable for :roll: Talking to the wife's cousins in Birmingham leads me to believe that their city is a powder keg of racial and religious tensions, but you can bet your bottom dollar that there will be no recognition of any of those troubles by the people in power :roll:

Like many people I used to be very much a "live and let live" person and would have agreed with integration of different races and religions - nowadays it seems that the emergence of isis has led a shit load of muslims down a wrong road and it seems that even decent muslims have no inclination to help stop them. Personally I would send all muslims out to Iraq regardless of their nationality, but it seems that erecting a plaque in Birmingham is the way to go :roll:
Great post mate and agree wholeheartedly 8)

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

What happened at Srebrenica was terrible but why the need to mark it here?

Could you imagine if Birmingham City Council had unveiled a 9/11 monument - people would be utterly perplexed - and given that there must have been some British casualties would have more of a connection than Srebrenica!

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Just been on Sky News that the UK is probably going to have to help fund the Greek bailout!!! :banghead:
WHY!!! We are NOT in the fucking "Eurozone"?
Once again though,(like when we "lent" Ireland £9Billion+ during the bank crisis when we were in the shit ourselves),the E.U. are seeing us as the stupid :censored: who are always having to put our hands in our pockets,this time to bail out a feckless bunch of wankers who don't bother collecting taxes, and feel that retiring on a pension at 50,(with us picking up the tab), is ok!!! :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

We (as a country) did do some truly serious horrendous shyte back in the Raj days etc....maybe everything that is now going on is Karmic Pay Back? :?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The world is full of Internet Grief Mongers.

6 Oirish students are killed and 7 injured in a balcony collapse at a party in California and the media here lose their shit jumping over each other to highlight on front pages how the entire country is now "devastated" by the loss. :oops:

Do me a fucking favour. :roll:

Yes it is tragic when any young person dies but I have to admit I'm not "devastated" by it. I didn't know them (and if Facebook, twatter etc are anything to go by, then apparently I'm the ONLY person in Oireland that didn't know at least one of them :roll: ) so whilst I sympathise with the loss to their families I cannot say it has impacted my life at all. There are worse tragedies every day in this world.

On a personal level I was absolutely disgusted by the carry on of many people when my mate Joe died from MND recently. Whilst he was ill these Internet Grief Mongers were doing the ice bucket challenge and dedicating it to Joe, a guy many of them hardly knew. Then when he passed away these same fuckers were on twatter (fucking twatter for fucks sake :roll: :x ) mewling about their loss and how Joe was their best mate ever (a couple of them even misspelled his surname :| ). Bastards were queuing up at his funeral to hug each other and be seen crying and all the big public gestures. :x

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rugby Gooner wrote:Just been on Sky News that the UK is probably going to have to help fund the Greek bailout!!! :banghead:
WHY!!! We are NOT in the fucking "Eurozone"?
Once again though,(like when we "lent" Ireland £9Billion+ during the bank crisis when we were in the shit ourselves),the E.U. are seeing us as the stupid :censored: who are always having to put our hands in our pockets,this time to bail out a feckless bunch of wankers who don't bother collecting taxes, and feel that retiring on a pension at 50,(with us picking up the tab), is ok!!! :banghead:
The operative word is you "lent" (or "loaned" in the formal and correct version of your imperialist English language :D :wink: ) Oireland £9billion+. What you have failed to include is the fact you also charged Oireland interest on that loan and made a tidy profit from it. :roll:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

DB10GOONER wrote:The world is full of Internet Grief Mongers.

6 Oirish students are killed and 7 injured in a balcony collapse at a party in California and the media here lose their shit jumping over each other to highlight on front pages how the entire country is now "devastated" by the loss. :oops:

Yes it is tragic when any young person dies but I have to admit I'm not "devastated" by it. I didn't know them (and if Facebook, twatter etc are anything to go by, then apparently I'm the ONLY person in Oireland that didn't know at least one of them :roll: ) so whilst I sympathise with the loss to their families I cannot say it has impacted my life at all. There are worse tragedies every day in this world.

On a personal level I was absolutely disgusted by the carry on of many people when my mate Joe died from MND recently. Whilst he was ill these Internet Grief Mongers were doing the ice bucket challenge and dedicating it to Joe, a guy many of them hardly knew. Then when he passed away these same fuckers were on twatter (fucking twatter for fucks sake :roll: :x ) mewling about their loss and how Joe was their best mate ever (a couple of them even misspelled his surname :| ). Bastards were queuing up at his funeral to hug each other and be seen crying and all the big public gestures. :x

Unlike many other times, you're exactly spot on with this one mate. :barscarf:

This is part of a wider trend of public "show". Our emotions and thoughts have to be on show or you're not part of it. Our support should be a kind of visibile otherwise it doesn't exist

Football stadiums have to ram down your throats how connected we should be with the players. They ram our history down our throats as a brand point. They have a minutes silence almost every game.

:?

officepest

Post by officepest »

DB10GOONER wrote:On a personal level I was absolutely disgusted by the carry on of many people when my mate Joe died from MND recently. Whilst he was ill these Internet Grief Mongers were doing the ice bucket challenge and dedicating it to Joe, a guy many of them hardly knew. Then when he passed away these same fuckers were on twatter (fucking twatter for fucks sake :roll: :x ) mewling about their loss and how Joe was their best mate ever (a couple of them even misspelled his surname :| ). Bastards were queuing up at his funeral to hug each other and be seen crying and all the big public gestures. :x
When my friend passed not so long ago his funeral was coopted by some fucking weapon who barely knew the guy. I had to have a word at the wake as I would have launched the *word censored* if he'd carried on.

"Can you roll me a spliff?"

"Can you buy us a pint, mate?"

Carrying on like a fucking child on the day a friend of twenty years had been buried at the age of 34. :cussing:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

officepest wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:On a personal level I was absolutely disgusted by the carry on of many people when my mate Joe died from MND recently. Whilst he was ill these Internet Grief Mongers were doing the ice bucket challenge and dedicating it to Joe, a guy many of them hardly knew. Then when he passed away these same fuckers were on twatter (fucking twatter for fucks sake :roll: :x ) mewling about their loss and how Joe was their best mate ever (a couple of them even misspelled his surname :| ). Bastards were queuing up at his funeral to hug each other and be seen crying and all the big public gestures. :x
When my friend passed not so long ago his funeral was coopted by some fucking weapon who barely knew the guy. I had to have a word at the wake as I would have launched the *word censored* if he'd carried on.

"Can you roll me a spliff?"

"Can you buy us a pint, mate?"

Carrying on like a fucking child on the day a friend of twenty years had been buried at the age of 34. :cussing:
Sorry to hear of your loss, mate. 34 is no age to die at. God love him. :(

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:The world is full of Internet Grief Mongers.

On a personal level I was absolutely disgusted by the carry on of many people when my mate Joe died from MND recently. Whilst he was ill these Internet Grief Mongers were doing the ice bucket challenge and dedicating it to Joe, a guy many of them hardly knew. Then when he passed away these same fuckers were on twatter (fucking twatter for fucks sake :roll: :x ) mewling about their loss and how Joe was their best mate ever (a couple of them even misspelled his surname :| ). Bastards
were queuing up at his funeral to hug each other and be seen crying and all the big public gestures. :x

Too right DB10 ..Berkley was an awful tragedy that hit Ireland hard, it hit me as a parent of one twenty two year old and three teenagers. In other words it hit me for selfish reasons as a parent. I felt for those families but their loss was private.
Last year a homeless man died a few feet from The Dail (Irish parliament) . Suddenly his name was all over social media as people fell over each other to grieve and condemn . Yet thousands of Dubliners walk past homeless destitute people every morning on the way to work, they get no money or sympathy , the only one who got noticed had to die first. Then this great fucking need in Irish people to burst through the crowd to be the first to publicly grieve , put your cliched hollow words on facebook "in my thoughts and prayers"..Thoughts and prayers in a Godless world.
I hate this public grieving for show..as much as I hate the Irish need to jump on bandwagons, the two are not unconnected .