James McClean ???

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
GranadaJoe

James McClean ???

Post by GranadaJoe »

He's been pictured turning his back on the Union Flag / National Anthem prior to a game in America.

I believe he had every right not to wear the poppy and personally I hate, and never sing, our bum-licking, royalty-deifying dirge of an anthem but I do think he's out of order this time.

Make your personal choices but don't publicly insult the country that pays your wages. You do know the queen's head is on all those pound notes you stick in your bank account every week?

I'm interested to hear what our Oirish contributors think.

UlsterGooner

Re: James McClean ???

Post by UlsterGooner »

The guy is an attention seeker. Never have I been so glad that a player has defected from Northern Ireland to the Republic. He's a dirty wee republican scumbag

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

GranadaJoe wrote:He's been pictured turning his back on the Union Flag / National Anthem prior to a game in America.

I believe he had every right not to wear the poppy and personally I hate, and never sing, our bum-licking, royalty-deifying dirge of an anthem but I do think he's out of order this time.

Make your personal choices but don't publicly insult the country that pays your wages. You do know the queen's head is on all those pound notes you stick in your bank account every week?

Goonersid and Augie have probably got a poster of him on their walls :D

Still, at least we'll never see him disrespecting a national anthem at a major international tournament

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

GranadaJoe wrote:He's been pictured turning his back on the Union Flag / National Anthem prior to a game in America.

Totally agree. What's wrong with Land of Hope and Glory, or even Jerusalem? UK anthem is a fucking cause for self-harm.

As for McClean; perhaps he should try for a political career, as he seems hell-bent on showing the world how much he cares. :roll:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

What a Knob. Have whatever opinions but show some respect. Attention seeking, approval wanting twat.

REB

Post by REB »

UlsterGooner wrote:The guy is an attention seeker. Never have I been so glad that a player has defected from Northern Ireland to the Republic. He's a dirty wee republican scumbag
if he was a dirty wee loyalist scumbag would that be better :?:

UlsterGooner

Post by UlsterGooner »

REB wrote:
UlsterGooner wrote:The guy is an attention seeker. Never have I been so glad that a player has defected from Northern Ireland to the Republic. He's a dirty wee republican scumbag
If it was the other way around and a Protestant player or an Ulster Rugby player who turned his back on the Soldiers Song, I'm sure more of deal would have been made of it

augie

Post by augie »

I have said it on here a load of times that when I see Irish people like Quinn and O'Leary wearing poppies it pisses me off big time cos it is nothing to do with us, in the same way I wouldn't expect an English man to wear shamrock on st paddy's day :roll:

That being said, I don't agree that he should be constantly looking for public ways of showing his personal feeling's on issue's like this - if he doesn't want to recognise it then look down at the floor of whatever, but turning your back like that is very immature imo. At the end of the day he is earning his living in England and no doubt has many English buddies, so out of respect to both he should a bit less confrontational imo

The thing about the queen's head on the bank notes is a different issue altogether imo - you yourself have just had a pop at your royalty and your anthem but the queens head is on your money too isn't it ? Showing respect to the country is totally different than showing respect to a bunch of privileged, arrogant w*nkers living in their ivory tower and if English people are allowed to slate the royal family and their anthem, then I don't see why non English people cant do the same.

augie

Post by augie »

UlsterGooner wrote:
REB wrote:
If it was the other way around and a Protestant player or an Ulster Rugby player who turned his back on the Soldiers Song, I'm sure more of deal would have been made of it

Stop cos you are only making a fool of yourself now :roll:

In case you missed the memo, the Irish rugby team now have it's own rugby "anthem" cos your ulster boys refused to recognise the Irish anthem :roll: Tbh I'm not a rugby man so most of the time I don't give a flying fcuk about it, but at the same time I find it totally ironic when you use rugby as an example to have a go at Ireland :lol:

Btw who brought religion into this ? Why bring religion into this ? This is an debate about nationalities and nothing more, so maybe you should take your bigoted opinions and put them where the sun don't shine :roll:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

augie wrote:
UlsterGooner wrote:
REB wrote:

Stop cos you are only making a fool of yourself now :roll:

In case you missed the memo, the Irish rugby team now have it's own rugby "anthem" cos your ulster boys refused to recognise the Irish anthem :roll: Tbh I'm not a rugby man so most of the time I don't give a flying fcuk about it, but at the same time I find it totally ironic when you use rugby as an example to have a go at Ireland :lol:

Btw who brought religion into this ? Why bring religion into this ? This is an debate about nationalities and nothing more, so maybe you should take your bigoted opinions and put them where the sun don't shine :roll:
Who on earth would have thought that a thread mentioning Irish politics could have turned into an argument? Blimey.

REB

Post by REB »

UlsterGooner wrote:
REB wrote:

i guess with all the bonfires and tricolour burning going on and the many marches down catholic areas then you must need something as silly as this to take the heat off all the shite the loyalist community do to the rest of ulster this time of year , just to add im not a republian and never had any time for the ira and their like plus i think mclean is a fucking idiot and should know better then to drag all this attention on himself.

UlsterGooner

Post by UlsterGooner »

First of all I am not bigoted I just don't like McClean. As I said the guy does it to seek attention as he isn't going to get in the papers and on tv for his footballing ability. With regards to the poppy, the idiot is so stupid that he probably doesn't realise that Irish Nationalists died in the World Wars as well. As for the anthem, I don't expect him to be blasting it out loud all he has to do is stand there like the rest of his teammates but he has to make an issue out of it. If people wish to defend him on here that is up to them but this is the same guy who posts picture of him selves wearing badges of a terrorist organisation.

Apart from anything else, why is there a thread about him anyway on an Arsenal forum when thankfully he has nothing to do with us

REB

Post by REB »

I'm locking this before it gets out of hand . This is an arsenal forum and shall stay that way.