The mess at calais

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
the playing mantis

The mess at calais

Post by the playing mantis »

i dont really see why its such an issue cameron using the word swarm...those screaming about just seem to want to take offence at anything.

if these people trying to get to the uk from calais were true asylum seekers they would seek asylum in the first 'safe haven' country they debark in, and not cross europe to try and get in here.

they are purely illegal economic migrants. all should be sent back home or to the first country that they landed in from their homeland so long as its not a war zone.

we really need to sort the pull factors in this country out.

northbank123

Re: The mess at calais

Post by northbank123 »

the playing mantis wrote:i dont really see why its such an issue cameron using the word swarm...those screaming about just seem to want to take offence at anything.

if these people trying to get to the uk from calais were true asylum seekers they would seek asylum in the first 'safe haven' country they debark in, and not cross europe to try and get in here.

they are purely illegal economic migrants. all should be sent back home or to the first country that they landed in from their homeland so long as its not a war zone.

we really need to sort the pull factors in this country out.
Absolutely mate. If they're seeking asylum why not France (or any of the other countries they pass through)?

The problem will continue to get worse - whatever we do - until France seriously steps up their deportation procedures.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Two reasons a lot (not all of course, but a lot) of those people are trying to get to Britain is because the spoken and written language is English which many of them speak and there is often a perception (right or wrong) that Britain is generally less racially biased against them than say France or Italy.

We are taking in approx 600 - 800 Syrian refugees here later this year. Knowing our fuckwad of a government no proper security vetting will be done and we will get mixing in with the genuine refugees IS scumbags coming here to radicalise young Muslims in Ireland. Shockingly, Ireland has had the highest number of Jihadists go out to Syria and Iraq per head per capita of all European countries. Our security services are playing a watching game but do absolutely fucking nothing to stop this shit at source.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

DB10GOONER wrote:Two reasons a lot (not all of course, but a lot) of those people are trying to get to Britain is because the spoken and written language is English which many of them speak and there is often a perception (right or wrong) that Britain is generally less racially biased against them than say France or Italy.

We are taking in approx 600 - 800 Syrian refugees here later this year. Knowing our fuckwad of a government no proper security vetting will be done and we will get mixing in with the genuine refugees IS scumbags coming here to radicalise young Muslims in Ireland. Shockingly, Ireland has had the highest number of Jihadists go out to Syria and Iraq per head per capita of all European countries. Our security services are playing a watching game but do absolutely fucking nothing to stop this shit at source.
Really? That does actually surprise me.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

officepest wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Two reasons a lot (not all of course, but a lot) of those people are trying to get to Britain is because the spoken and written language is English which many of them speak and there is often a perception (right or wrong) that Britain is generally less racially biased against them than say France or Italy.

Really? That does actually surprise me.
Actually 2nd highest - apologies! :D The stat sounds worse than it is really, it's only 30 people in 2014 and it's from the tiny Muslim population only - but it might be reflective of what is going on in that population to some degree. I think though that Ireland is used as a transit hub by IS wannabe's from Europe and this could skew that stat.

http://www.thejournal.ie/ireland-capita ... 5-Sep2014/

Have to say that in general Muslims in Ireland do make a big effort to integrate and the vast majority respect our laws and customs, work hard, and pay taxes.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

DB10GOONER wrote:Have to say that in general Muslims in Ireland do make a big effort to integrate and the vast majority respect our laws and customs, work hard, and pay taxes.
I thought that the imbibing of alcohol was forbidden in Islam? :wink:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

officepest wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Have to say that in general Muslims in Ireland do make a big effort to integrate and the vast majority respect our laws and customs, work hard, and pay taxes.
I think he means goat bothering

:wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arseofacrow wrote:
officepest wrote:
I think he means goat bothering

:wink:
:shock:

REB - that's two more for the priority banning list. :x

Pair of cúnts.

:lol: :wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

But our security forces are surely better off protecting Dennis O Brien's assets and profits.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:

But our security forces are surely better off protecting Dennis O Brien's assets and profits.
And further to that;

http://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/national/ ... id=ieslice

How the fuck do we let these robbing bastards away with this? :evil: Lawyers are the scum of the earth. Dealt with a few over the years and there wasn't one that wasn't a money obsessed greedy robbing bastard. :x

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Anyone know a good lawyer. :wink: :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:Anyone know a good lawyer. :wink: :D
Superb oxymoron right there! :lol: :barscarf:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Dave Eggers's "What Is The What?" is the most emotionally draining book I have ever read.

These asylum seekers are human beings and I do not want to see people lose their dignity.

But I do not want a load of IS nutters coming here to add to the IS nutters already here, and considering I had to have a police check just to go on holiday to the USA we need to check out who we let in.

Honestly, my solution would be to give the asylum seekers a few Greek islands to set up a brand new country for asylum seekers and refugees.

Pay the Greeks cash to buy the islands, cash they sorely need, and set up a new nation.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

QuartzGooner wrote:Dave Eggers's "What Is The What?" is the most emotionally draining book I have ever read.

These asylum seekers are human beings and I do not want to see people lose their dignity.

But I do not want a load of IS nutters coming here to add to the IS nutters already here, and considering I had to have a police check just to go on holiday to the USA we need to check out who we let in.

Honestly, my solution would be to give the asylum seekers a few Greek islands to set up a brand new country for asylum seekers and refugees.

Pay the Greeks cash to buy the islands, cash they sorely need, and set up a new nation.
Would your settlers then set up camp on top of them? :rubchin:

Too far? :D :wink:

ONLY KIDDING. :mrgreen:

I'm gonna regret that one once Chippy and his Gaurdian reading hordes take up the baton and we get bogged down in the old Jewish/Palestinian thang! Again... :roll:

:lol: :wink:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Within or outside the EU Quartz?

Who governs this state?