Rugby World Cup 2015

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
OneBardGooner

Re: Rugby World Cup

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fucking arseholes. :x :roll:
As you like it.

:roll: :D
Nope. Strictly a vadge man. In fact that would be my superhero name; Vadge Man.

Or Captain Furburger.

8)
Wasn't the name of your first band Fanny Magnet??? :wink: :D

Step

HERE WE GO AGAIN- HEMISPERE FEST 2015

Post by Step »

Can't believe this load of old tosh is upon us once again.
Be prepared for a load of Brown Shoe Billies pontificating about the importance of this tournament as essentially 6 Nations (that tournament's bollocks as well) take on 26 villages.
Can someone take it upon themselves to carry out a HEMISPHERE count. How many times will that word find its way into conversations from the so called experts? Why does no other sport see the significance of it? Probably because there is none. It's just an intelligent sounding word which fits in with the whole public school ethos.

Get ready for Ian ('I can't believe they waste Old Trafford on football' ) Robertson to spout his middle class drivel ably abbetted by his equally irksome side kick Chris Jones.

The pubs will be full of quaffing Sebastions and Marcus's have a jolly good beer up and singing all sorts of hilarious rude rugger ditties! As I've said before even the bloody trophy has a double barrelled name!

In my opinion they should reduce the whole thing down to one play off match- THE NORTHERN HEMISPHERE Vs THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE and spare us the 3+ weeks of irrelevant thrashings.

And please God don't let England win or we will have months of the likes of Blue Peter and The One Show (adult version of the same show) thrusting Rugger down our throats in a vain attempt to convince the public that it is an important/popular sport.

Step

Re: HERE WE GO AGAIN- HEMISPERE FEST 2015

Post by Step »

And sorry I spelt the initial Hemisphere incorrectly (state education I'm afraid).

Step

Post by Step »

Great to hear the Rugger buggers stick the boot into footy at the first opportunity today.

The RFU stated that faking of injury would result in banishment to 'the sin bin' hoorah!!!

They added that they were introducing this to try and avoid - ' football style behaviour on the pitch' !!!

Well excuse me but if you have so little regard for the beautiful game and the facilities/stadiums that are generously being given over to your petty upper class sport for this 'World Cup' then kindly piss off the your marvelous pits such as The Stoop or The Recreation Ground and leave us alone!!

PS My money's on the Southern Hemisphere for the WEBB ELLIS (Aggregate points score basis)!!!

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Can't wait. COME IN ENGLAND :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Christ bee in your bonnet???

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Step wrote:Great to hear the Rugger buggers stick the boot into footy at the first opportunity today.

The RFU stated that faking of injury would result in banishment to 'the sin bin' hoorah!!!

They added that they were introducing this to try and avoid - ' football style behaviour on the pitch' !!!

Well excuse me but if you have so little regard for the beautiful game and the facilities/stadiums that are generously being given over to your petty upper class sport for this 'World Cup' then kindly piss off the your marvelous pits such as The Stoop or The Recreation Ground and leave us alone!!

PS My money's on the Southern Hemisphere for the WEBB ELLIS (Aggregate points score basis)!!!
"football style behaviour" like eye gouging and fake blood..

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Blooming egg chasers yawn. They say this is the third biggest sporting event behind the Olympics and the footy WC.

By a long bloody way if you ask me.

England's kicking style doesn't help, at least the teams from the Southern Hemisphere try to play a more attractive to watch expansive game.

REB

Post by REB »

love the auld rugger ,the next month is going to epic :barscarf: :barscarf:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Not interested at all, but I'm not going to let it envelope me in a cloud of rage for the next month or so, I've got Arsenal for that. If you're not interested just ignore it. Avoid the BBC and ITV (neither of which I watch anyway) and the papers (which I don't read) and life will go on as normal

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Not a big fan but a passing interest. If New Zealand click they're a joy to watch, as are Wales.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

I was going to post about the rugby world cup, but I'm not sure this is the right thread! :barscarf:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Just got back home from Rugby town centre after a few of us hit a nice back street pub after work just down from the big fanzone area. Watched the opening ceremony,(which featured prince harry as a gardener at Rugby School :shock: :D ), but I decided to head home as the eggchasers began to rev up.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Ra ra ra, Twickers, ra ra ra, scrum, knock-on, the all blacks, ra ra ra, ba-bas, lions, haka or something, the boks, ra ra ra, fuzzie wuzzies or whatever, bollox to the lot of the Barbour jacket wearing toss-pot *word censored*.

Step

Post by Step »

OK

After the first engagement the latest score is

NORTHERN HEMISPHERE 35 SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE 11

Lets see how the aggregate hemispherical encounters develop to see which Hemisphere will be crowned Rugga World Cup Champions .