Rugby World Cup 2015

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Bradywasking

Re: Rugby World Cup 2015

Post by Bradywasking »

Despite myself I watched the second half of the Ireland game, well most of it. I don't like the game and wouldn't pretend to understand it . but a few things struck me. One was the waving at the big screen grinning like a Cheshire cat, when one spots oneself on it. This despite your team being hammered on the pitch in ,apparently, their most important game in four years.
Second thing , and this was probably because they were winning, but the minority Argentinian support seemed far more passionate than their Irish counterparts.
Also it seems more important to have a drink in the hand than actually drinking the fucking thing.
We in Ireland do this to ourselves, jump on bandwagons and throw all else to one side. There are rules in Ireland that there are things we MUST like and beliefs we MUST have. Then when it falls flat the genuine , rugby in this case, fans have to pick up the pieces while the majority move onto something new.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Scotland making a good fist of this so far. Come on

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

bloody hell :shock: :o :o Scotland?!

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Damn what a time to give a penalty

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Stupid giving that penalty away, they would have won that

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Looks like the ref made a bad decision awarding Australia a penalty, ran off without shaking hands.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Ha ha ha

Ireland raped by the Malvinas/Falkland Isles claiming cuunts and,
Scotland, land of the gobshite braves, mugged at the death.
This weekend is sweet.

WENGER OUT

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Second game was tremendous. Anybody who would rather see New Zealand run over nine tries against surrendering French needs their head examined.

Great play by Scotland and one of the most unfortunate penalties in rugby to give away.

Watched it in a Cardiff bar full of Irish people trying to live out their dreams through Scotland - double disappointment! Thought Ireland are overrated and have been inconsistent but still that mauling against a second tier side is humbling.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

I'm sure we were all willing Scotland on and Ireland before that. Yesterday I was willing Wales over the line. Six nations teams need to take a long hard look themselves to see what went wrong.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

the referee sprinting off at the end is pure comedy - what a coward. :coffeespit: pathetic.

Confused by this TMO nonsense. Most "experts" seemed shocked he didn't use it... but it turns out he isn't allowed? - shouldn't experts know that? :? and some say he can't use TMO but can ask for a replay on the big screen? :o

Actually, as rugby is billed as a sport played by gentleman, can't the ref simply ask the players involved if it was a penalty? :oops: :lol:

In fact, was it a penalty or not? I've read some journalists say it was and others say it wasn't.

Bizarre end to a thrilling game.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Technically not a penalty but ridiculous to pillory ref as nobody would ever have spotted real time. Couldn't have gone upstairs - these sorts of ridiculous distinctions are part of the reason I oppose video stuff in football.

Can't have been the only one to enjoy Scotland falling agonisingly short. Funnily since that referendum i don't have a lot of time for those whinging Scottish pricks. Would have loved to see them get independence and be penniless due to oil prices plummeting.

G88ner where is your diatribe about Princess Anne supporting Scotland?

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

northbank123 wrote:Technically not a penalty but ridiculous to pillory ref as nobody would ever have spotted real time. Couldn't have gone upstairs - these sorts of ridiculous distinctions are part of the reason I oppose video stuff in football.

Can't have been the only one to enjoy Scotland falling agonisingly short. Funnily since that referendum i don't have a lot of time for those whinging Scottish pricks. Would have loved to see them get independence and be penniless due to oil prices plummeting.

I know what you mean about Scotland and that referendum.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

northbank123 wrote:Technically not a penalty but ridiculous to pillory ref as nobody would ever have spotted real time. Couldn't have gone upstairs - these sorts of ridiculous distinctions are part of the reason I oppose video stuff in football.

:lol: :lol:

Ah, I hadn't picked up on that one :lol: - but, in fairness, supporting British teams is fine. But the future King enjoying and celebrating England losing such a critical game? hmm... not convinced. It surprised me more than anything as William is English, lives in England, appears to be a supporter/ambassador for the English football team, was watching a home world cup in the city he lives and must have been aware he was probably celebrating the shock exit of England from the world cup. Apparently it cost the economy tens of millions too, hitting local businesses across the country.
- just seems odd to me that he wasn't neutral or supporting England.

Again, it's more an irritation of mine than being genuinely angry or offended. It's irrelevant. :lol:

Anyway, I suppose the fact that opinion is torn over the penalty (plus the fact he wasn't allowed to use TMO) would suggest it was one of those situations where the referee has to make a game changing judgement call. Fair enough.

Sprinting off the pitch on the whistle is a new one though :lol: ... bloody hilarious and surely a decision that will haunt his refereeing career. No one will ever respect him again after such cowardly, disrespectful behaviour, so I'd suggest it would be best if he retired.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Gutted I miss him running off - too busy laughing at Scotland. It's something to pin bitterness to but ultimately it's one of those things and had Scotland dealt with the set piece it wouldn't have been a possibility.

Nigel Owens has to referee the final. Normally you hate noticing the ref (Wayne Barnes was star of the show for 60 minutes yesterday) but he is wonderful to watch. I hate all that "if this was football" bollocks but not with Nigel Owens. Such a funny tongue and let's the game flow fantastically.

Wills is an Anglesey boy g88ner :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Well, I can report there were a lot of glum looking homosexuals and bandwagon jumpers in Dublin this morning.

I wonder why? :rubchin:

:lol: