Paris attacks

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
GranadaJoe

Re: Paris attacks

Post by GranadaJoe »

augie wrote:
REB wrote:
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/14-dead-17-wounde ... 16288.html

Although the liberal media isn't calling it a terrorist attack, we all know what it was.

Sad thing is, this kind of thing is going to continue happening in the Western world.

the liberal media :?

and every other time ?

nothing to do with your gun laws ?

The availability of guns, especially to nutters, is clearly a factor, but there is something about Americans (I don't know what it is) that makes them want to resolve issues with weapons. There are other countries where gun ownership is also ridiculously high (neighbouring Canada for example) but people there don't massacre people like the Yanks.

Couldn't agree more - all this bullshit about the right to bear arms pisses me right off :evil: America is a country that is in the midst of total anarchy and all because too many people (especially politicians :roll: ) are in the pockets of the NRA and will not allow stricter laws on gun control in. There are too many redneck w.nkers in that country and, when it comes to gun control laws (or lack thereof), what you sow so shall you reap :evil:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

I am not a gun owner and never will be. I am all for banning guns straight up. However it will not change anything. Bad guys will always find a way to get their hands on guns. And the conservative argument is that banning guns will leave the bad people with guns and the normal people then have no protection. I don't really agree with that, but I can see their point.

I live in Chicago. One of the highest murder rates in the WORLD. Chicago has the STRICTEST guns laws in America. It does not matter one bit.

And my point with the liberal media comment was that they call this attack in California as a "workplace incident" when in-fact it was 2 Muslims in full raid gear with automatic weapons murdering people in a pre-planned attack. The media is too PC and are afraid of call shit what it is. Just so happens that they "visited" Saudi Arabia a couple times in the last 2 years.

Which leads me to my next point, which is that the fucking Saudi's are the ones ultimately behind all of this shit. They are the ones sponsoring terrorists, the ones harboring them and creating them. Love how we went to war with Afghanistan, when 9 of the hijackers in 9/11 were from Saudi Arabia. But not to worry, Saudi Arabia is our "ally" because we love that cheap oil they sell us. A powerful nation like the US bowing to their Saudi overlords.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Chicaaagoo may have the strictest gun laws in the states but considering that practically anybody can buy a gun in the states thats not really much to go by.

Probably needs to be universal, statewide gunlaw reform. Short term wont matter one iota because the whole country is awash with weapons, legal and illegal. But long term, like a generation or so I reckon it would improve.

Remember in 2014 we were on hols (thats vacation to you yankee :D :wink: ) in Florida. I took my oldest boy who was turning 15 to a gun range in Orlando. We were able to shoot pretty much anything we wanted with minimum tuition and zero supervision. While we were there a guy in his twenties bought an assault rifle. He wasnt in the store more than 15mins, walked out with a fukin machinegun! :shock:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

sure the gun laws are a joke and a lot of yanks are nuts, but what you are all missing here is yankees point about this being a terrorist attack...which its been prooved it was.

saudi are the biggest sponsors of this anti western terrosim and turkey are complicit too. why would they shoot russian jet down for a minor airspace infraction. russia hould have sorted them out, however you just know we wouldbe dragged in with nato and all that bollox. ever feel like we are on the wrong side....

iran and others sponsor anti israeli terrosim but tend to not fuck with the west.

its only a matter of time london is hit again. none of us are safe.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Well if Donald fucking Trump gets elected POTUS (which at this point who fucking knows?) he has made his intentions very clear. He will push to stop ALL Muslim immigration into the United States and force all Muslims currently here to register. I'm not sure if this is the route to go, but I can tell you that a LOT of people agree with him. I actually think this is exactly what the terrorist organizations want. They want it to become a war of West vs Islam, instead of West vs ISIS. That way they get more and more supporters once America and/or other Western nations start making rules against Islam.

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/donald-t ... 05912.html

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:Well if Donald fucking Trump gets elected POTUS (which at this point who fucking knows?) he has made his intentions very clear. He will push to stop ALL Muslim immigration into the United States and force all Muslims currently here to register. I'm not sure if this is the route to go, but I can tell you that a LOT of people agree with him. I actually think this is exactly what the terrorist organizations want. They want it to become a war of West vs Islam, instead of West vs ISIS. That way they get more and more supporters once America and/or other Western nations start making rules against Islam.

It's absolutely what IS etc want. Muslims need to be far more cooperative and I wouldn't in principle be opposed to using aggressive rhetoric and even methods to achieve it. But that is a step too far.

Yankee I will be honest, I hardly position myself on the left flank of any political spectrum but the mere fact that there is any sort of possibility that Trump may be a serious candidate for the presidency is a damning indictment on America.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

ISIS openly frame it as a battle against the West, they talk of plotting attacks on Rome, as the spiritual heart of the West.

Trump just ramped it up a notch tonight.

But there are non ISIS Muslims who regard the West as the antithesis to their values.

Are this poet's (MicRighteous) tweets not inflammatory and racist?

He wrote:

"How can the decision for British military action against 22 million innocent Syrians be decided by 397 white people in suits 2,000 miles away that disregard the anti-war cries of their own people!!"

Well Mr "Righteous", we voted for our government, and for our MPs who consist of people of all colours.

And the last I checked, the UK had not declared war on 22 million Syrians, but on roughly 85,000 ISIS members spread across Syria and Iraq who are trying to kill as many UK citizens as possible.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Some of the misconceptions over last weeks parliamentary vote are basic. The number of people I know who have jumped on the bandwagon about "bombing Syria" fundamentally misunderstand that we are bombing IN Syria, not against the government or people.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

northbank123 wrote:
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:Well if Donald fucking Trump gets elected POTUS (which at this point who fucking knows?) he has made his intentions very clear. He will push to stop ALL Muslim immigration into the United States and force all Muslims currently here to register. I'm not sure if this is the route to go, but I can tell you that a LOT of people agree with him. I actually think this is exactly what the terrorist organizations want. They want it to become a war of West vs Islam, instead of West vs ISIS. That way they get more and more supporters once America and/or other Western nations start making rules against Islam.

It's absolutely what IS etc want. Muslims need to be far more cooperative and I wouldn't in principle be opposed to using aggressive rhetoric and even methods to achieve it. But that is a step too far.

Yankee I will be honest, I hardly position myself on the left flank of any political spectrum but the mere fact that there is any sort of possibility that Trump may be a serious candidate for the presidency is a damning indictment on America.
Of course it's what ISIS wants. They are more likely to get the confrontation they seek by squaring up against right/far right wing groups in the west.

Donald Trump is a self interested righteous fuckwit. The world will become a very dangerous place is he makes it to the White House, I really hope the Americans aren't stupid enough to vote him in.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:cry: