The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Gunner Rob

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:25 am
Opinion piece !
just like all your posts then

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Yes and yours as well , that’s the nature of the beast.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:37 am
But It is happening but as usual with all things relating to the E.U by stealth.

I doubt anyone wants to see the troubles return to the Island of Ireland not least the politicians and factions over there .The taking up of arms or not , is really in their hands . The paramilitaries will decide whether they want to and the silent majority are the only ones that can stop them.
No offence intended here mate but that is the most ill informed naive thing I've read on this thread.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Why ?

Herd

Post by Herd »

I think there should be more trouble in Northern Ireland, life just hasn't been the same without the 6 o'clock news of the Mad Dogs latest antics or Gerry Adams disappearing people all over the shop ,all you get nowadays is wimpy climate change protestors throwing fake blood around , or remoaners bleating outside Westminster ,lets have some real blood an gore, fuck it who wants to live in peace and harmony .
It would be great to see Housing Prices plummet ,more jobs for the lads when the IRA blow up a shopping center or two and you have to rebuild it .
Sure it would be a great craic,lets start it off on the creggan estate ………………..oh dear they have !
One things for sure Brexit has fuck all to do with the "the troubles" .

Another things for sure is that we are not leaving the EU on the 31st either ,but there will be a general election !

Toodle Pip !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:42 pm
Why ?
When I have the time and the energy I will respond mate. It's a complex and messy issue.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Herd wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:54 pm
I think there should be more trouble in Northern Ireland, life just hasn't been the same without the 6 o'clock news of the Mad Dogs latest antics or Gerry Adams disappearing people all over the shop ,all you get nowadays is wimpy climate change protestors throwing fake blood around , or remoaners bleating outside Westminster ,lets have some real blood an gore, fuck it who wants to live in peace and harmony .
It would be great to see Housing Prices plummet ,more jobs for the lads when the IRA blow up a shopping center or two and you have to rebuild it .
Sure it would be a great craic,lets start it off on the creggan estate ………………..oh dear they have !

Another things for sure is that we are not leaving the EU on the 31st either ,but there will be a general election !

Toodle Pip !
The thing is Herd, are we ever leaving the EU. I was listening to Nigel Farage last night on LBC and after Angela Merkel's reported conversation with 10 Downing Street yesterday, it seems as though getting any sort of deal is now nigh on impossible. That leaves No Deal or Remain, Farage sounded very chirpy in pronouncing that he expected us to leave with No Deal.

I know I am a remainer but Merkel didn't exactly cover herself in Glory, if what she is alleged to have said is true. It merely plays into the hands of those that have never forgiven the Germans for two world wars. Vote Leave came out with a similar pearler themselves.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/leaveeu-dele ... st-merkel/

Herd

Post by Herd »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:46 am
Herd wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:54 pm

Toodle Pip !
The thing is Herd, are we ever leaving the EU. I was listening to Nigel Farage last night on LBC and after Angela Merkel's reported conversation with 10 Downing Street yesterday, it seems as though getting any sort of deal is now nigh on impossible. That leaves No Deal or Remain, Farage sounded very chirpy in pronouncing that he expected us to leave with No Deal.

I know I am a remainer but Merkel didn't exactly cover herself in Glory, if what she is alleged to have said is true. It merely plays into the hands of those that have never forgiven the Germans for two world wars. Vote Leave came out with a similar pearler themselves.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/leaveeu-dele ... st-merkel/
I don't think we are leaving, ever, Its what I've been saying since before the vote was cast !
Germany lost the 2nd world war but is winning the 3rd by stealth ,It is Germany that runs the EU and countries will submit to it's will or face ruin !
Zieg !

Herd

Post by Herd »

Well Boris strikes a deal that's even worse than Mays ,what a farce !
We aint leaving !

nut flush gooner

Herd wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:05 pm
We aint leaving !
Impressive Herd, you've managed to read the whole text of the proposed agreement and its ramifications before Jeremy Corbyn.

Given that the ERG including Rees Mogg are firmly behind voting this deal through, it would suggest that this is more of a version of Brexit than had previously tabled. The NI backstop has been ditched as has membership of the customs union which allows us to go out and do our own trade deals.

Or is this just more confirmation bias from Herd to say I told you so !

Herd

Post by Herd »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:18 pm
Herd wrote:
We aint leaving !
Impressive Herd, you've managed to read the whole text of the proposed agreement and its ramifications before Jeremy Corbyn.

Given that the ERG including Rees Mogg are firmly behind voting this deal through, it would suggest that this is more of a version of Brexit than had previously tabled. The NI backstop has been ditched as has membership of the customs union which allows us to go out and do our own trade deals.

You continue to labour under the false idea that politicians have principals ,they don't ,all Rees Mogg Boris and Gove care about is their own jobs . Splitting Northern Ireland from the UK is not acceptable for a start ,from what I understand they also will keep the free movement of people in which is unacceptable too ,it looks like a Thereasa Mays BRINO deal with a twist ,but your right I haven't read it all yet but I will that's for sure .
Its also a treaty so if it passes it cannot be repealed ,we are fooked and the future is bleak !

nut flush gooner

Herd wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:09 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Herd wrote:
We aint leaving !

You continue to labour under the false idea that politicians have principals ,they don't ,all Rees Mogg Boris and Gove care about is their own jobs . Splitting Northern Ireland from the UK is not acceptable for a start ,from what I understand they also will keep the free movement of people in which is unacceptable too ,it looks like a Thereasa Mays BRINO deal with a twist ,but your right I haven't read it all yet but I will that's for sure .
Its also a treaty so if it passes it cannot be repealed ,we are fooked and the future is bleak !
I don't at all. I know Labour will Sabotage the deal, all on the basis of forcing an extension of Article 50 and then blaming Johnson. They even admitted it, so have all the other opposition parties.

This time though, the Europeans have said its this deal or a hard Brexit. Let's see who blinks first.

As a damage limitation exercise we should take this deal and move on, it gives us control of passing our own laws, immigration, trade deals and set our customs borders. NI might be a bit of a fudge, we shall see. Only the Irish can answer that question properly.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I'm not sure what will happen flush the political landscape is grim , I think some Labour MPs might go for it ,he will have the Tories in line I think but without the DUP it might fail by a few Votes maybe a few labour bods will defy the whip who the fuck knows .
The more Ive read about it the deal isn't a deal ,its an agreement to remain in the EU for 2 years whilst we talk about a Trade deal ,so in effect we are still in and we will still have to pay the 39 Billion !
Labour are as usual dishonest about it as they want to go for the referendum ,the problem then will be the referendum itself as Ive said on here many months ago .
In the Event of a referendum there will not be a straight in/out it will be Either vote for Boris deal or remain OR 3 options ,Real Brexit ,Brino or remain ,either way remain will win and thus the biggest voter fraud in my lifetime will have been pulled off .
I'm sick of Politics and hope that all the Political Parties are swept into the sea as they are broken and not fit for purpose !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:36 pm
Herd wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:09 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Herd wrote:
We aint leaving !

I don't at all. I know Labour will Sabotage the deal, all on the basis of forcing an extension of Article 50 and then blaming Johnson. They even admitted it, so have all the other opposition parties.

This time though, the Europeans have said its this deal or a hard Brexit. Let's see who blinks first.

As a damage limitation exercise we should take this deal and move on, it gives us control of passing our own laws, immigration, trade deals and set our customs borders. NI might be a bit of a fudge, we shall see. Only the Irish can answer that question properly.
are you for real?
blimey talk about spineless.

you should be saying REJECT REJECT REJECT to this deal.
It is a harder Brexit than May's deal and is going to screw this country over for years to come.

MPs need to think of the country and not their careers when they vote tomorrow.
the EU WILL NOT ALLOW A NO DEAL BREXIT so if this is defeated tomorrow, then they will give an extension, so stop listening to the spinmasters and start thinking for yourself for a change.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:27 pm
I'm not sure what will happen flush the political landscape is grim , I think some Labour MPs might go for it ,he will have the Tories in line I think but without the DUP it might fail by a few Votes maybe a few labour bods will defy the whip who the fuck knows .
The more Ive read about it the deal isn't a deal ,its an agreement to remain in the EU for 2 years whilst we talk about a Trade deal ,so in effect we are still in and we will still have to pay the 39 Billion !
Labour are as usual dishonest about it as they want to go for the referendum ,the problem then will be the referendum itself as Ive said on here many months ago .
In the Event of a referendum there will not be a straight in/out it will be Either vote for Boris deal or remain OR 3 options ,Real Brexit ,Brino or remain ,either way remain will win and thus the biggest voter fraud in my lifetime will have been pulled off .
I'm sick of Politics and hope that all the Political Parties are swept into the sea as they are broken and not fit for purpose !
this is why a referendum should NEVER have been allowed, it was far too complex for anyone to fully understand.
sadly voters like yourself were duped into voting for leave, not fully understanding what the consequences would be.

leave voters were just pawns in a game being played out by the billionaires running the country.