The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Herd

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by Herd »

Germany would slide very quickly into recession having to foot an increased EU bill and ceasing trade with us.
Understand anything complicated?

You are hilarious Herd, within the bowels of your misinformed mind you now believe that Germany would slide into recession, because we don't pay a divorce settlement of £39bn we would bring an economy that turns over $4.2 trillion down.

And for your information, I will do the maths for you its not even 1% of their GDP.

Can you honestly just make anything up any more. The delusion is just off the scale. It's just embarrassing having this conversation with someone like you.
" It's happened again, It's happened again" from the very early exchanges in this sorry thread ,you have shown your inability to read sentences in their entirety .
You pick up on a word or two and ignoring the rest you start chewing on it like a ravenous dog desperate to get to the marrow but never reaching it ,it's pitiful to see you do it time and time again .
The sentence also contained a reference to ceasing trading with us as well as shouldering the burden of our annual Eu Bill ,it's important so I've highlighted it above so you can understand the WHOLE not just a part of the sentence, there's a good Boy.

We need Germany ,Germany needs us , it isnt 27 V 1, with a proper Brexit ie out of Single Market and out of Customs Union it's 1 v 1 27 times !
Can yu grasp that or shall we go right back to Spot the Dog books ??"

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Herd wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:49 pm
Germany would slide very quickly into recession having to foot an increased EU bill and ceasing trade with us.
Understand anything complicated?

You are hilarious Herd, within the bowels of your misinformed mind you now believe that Germany would slide into recession, because we don't pay a divorce settlement of £39bn we would bring an economy that turns over $4.2 trillion down.

And for your information, I will do the maths for you its not even 1% of their GDP.

Can you honestly just make anything up any more. The delusion is just off the scale. It's just embarrassing having this conversation with someone like you.
" It's happened again, It's happened again" from the very early exchanges in this sorry thread ,you have shown your inability to read sentences in their entirety .
You pick up on a word or two and ignoring the rest you start chewing on it like a ravenous dog desperate to get to the marrow but never reaching it ,it's pitiful to see you do it time and time again .
The sentence also contained a reference to ceasing trading with us as well as shouldering the burden of our annual Eu Bill ,it's important so I've highlighted it above so you can understand the WHOLE not just a part of the sentence, there's a good Boy.

We need Germany ,Germany needs us , it isnt 27 V 1, with a proper Brexit ie out of Single Market and out of Customs Union it's 1 v 1 27 times !
Can yu grasp that or shall we go right back to Spot the Dog books ??"
LOL, are you for real? Seriously can you even contemplate us not trading with the Germans? I can read every word of what you say, and none of it makes an ounce of sense.

If the Germans have a recession it won't be any better for us. That has been my point all along, no one wins in a disorderly brexit. The one you so desperately want.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

if Brexit is so wonderful then how come in the 3 years since our referendum none of the other EU countries have got even close to having their own referendum ?

I will tell you why - since we became the laughing stock of the world, all other European nations have seen increased support for the EU. the problem in the UK is that the right wing tabloids constantly say how bad the EU is, and all the sheep like Herd (good name by the way, I can see why you have it now) are brainwashed into believing their rubbish.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:38 pm
if Brexit is so wonderful then how come in the 3 years since our referendum none of the other EU countries have got even close to having their own referendum ?

I will tell you why - since we became the laughing stock of the world, all other European nations have seen increased support for the EU. the problem in the UK is that the right wing tabloids constantly say how bad the EU is, and all the sheep like Herd (good name by the way, I can see why you have it now) are brainwashed into believing their rubbish.
Mmmmmm slight problem here Rob ,I dont read or like the right wing tabloids .
You seem obsessed with people laughing at us Rob ,is that because people always laugh at you perchance ? You know like at school were you teased because of your looks and stupidity ,or when your first serious girlfriend saw your manhood ? I'm just wondering like ?
There is a reason that normal people don't like the EU and that's because it's corrupt ,broken and doesnt work for us but I'm afraid there will always be people they can bamboozle into thinking it's great !

Herd

Post by Herd »

LOL, are you for real? Seriously can you even contemplate us not trading with the Germans? I can read every word of what you say, and none of it makes an ounce of sense. At last you get it hurrah ,( I think) I wasn't saying we wouldn't trade with Germany , they are our largest trading partner in the EU . I said that if we did go for a real Brexit then Companies within the two countries would force their Governments to make a trade deal or else Both countries would suffer.
For two years you have been telling me that we couldn't make deals with the other countries in the Eu but now you have realised we can , well done !
You got the wrong end of the stick as usual but maybe theres hop for you

If the Germans have a recession it won't be any better for us. Very True that's why we need Germany and Germany needs us I id say that too try and keep up skippy That has been my point all along, no one wins in a disorderly Brexit. The one you so desperately want.Quite the opposite a Real Brexit might be disorderly in the short term but that's only because neither side has prepared for a real Brexit . In the end it would sort itself out because business needs it too and since you agree we would need to trade and make agreements with the other countries you should see the sense in that . If we stay in the single market and customs union we are in effect still in the Eu but without the benefits which is silly so a real exit is preferable for the countries welfare, it's so simple even you might understand but

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:20 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:38 pm

Mmmmmm slight problem here Rob ,I dont read or like the right wing tabloids .
You seem obsessed with people laughing at us Rob ,is that because people always laugh at you perchance ? You know like at school were you teased because of your looks and stupidity ,or when your first serious girlfriend saw your manhood ? I'm just wondering like ?
There is a reason that normal people don't like the EU and that's because it's corrupt ,broken and doesnt work for us but I'm afraid there will always be people they can bamboozle into thinking it's great !
yes I appreciate that you find reading difficult.
I do find it surprising though that you and your fellow Brexiteers are quite happy for the UK to be viewed as a laughing stock though. In addition Brexit uncertainity has cost the country £600 million per week since the referendum.
https://www.ft.com/content/4ca8f9dc-55f ... b0066105fe

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Nice link Shame you have to pay to read it

Herd

Post by Herd »

Rob uncertainty over Brexit has without doubt cost us because of our incompetent and corrupted politicians.

If they had done what they should have done we would now be free of the chains of the EU and people like you would now be enjoying the Benefits but they didn't so now it's a mess.

You can't blame that on the 17.4 million ,they did their part ,the Government just didn't do theirs.

For those thinking we are leaving though I got a email yesterday from the Labour party asking if I wanted to stand for them as an MEP in the upcoming elections,they obviously know more than me.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Herd wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:54 pm
LOL, are you for real? Seriously can you even contemplate us not trading with the Germans? I can read every word of what you say, and none of it makes an ounce of sense.

At last you get it hurrah ,( I think) I wasn't saying we wouldn't trade with Germany , they are our largest trading partner in the EU . I said that if we did go for a real Brexit then Companies within the two countries would force their Governments to make a trade deal or else Both countries would suffer.
For two years you have been telling me that we couldn't make deals with the other countries in the Eu but now you have realised we can , well done !
You got the wrong end of the stick as usual but maybe theres hop for you

If the Germans have a recession it won't be any better for us. Very True that's why we need Germany and Germany needs us I id say that too try and keep up skippy

That has been my point all along, no one wins in a disorderly Brexit. The one you so desperately want.Quite the opposite a Real Brexit might be disorderly in the short term but that's only because neither side has prepared for a real Brexit . In the end it would sort itself out because business needs it too and since you agree we would need to trade and make agreements with the other countries you should see the sense in that . If we stay in the single market and customs union we are in effect still in the Eu but without the benefits which is silly so a real exit is preferable for the countries welfare, it's so simple even you might understand but
Firstly Herd, sort out how you reply to my messages it's an utter pain trying to decipher your text.

In response to your points, I would say that whilst business lobby governments even provide political parties with funding they aren't the only reason two countries decide to have a trade deal. With regards to the UK and Germany, we will never have a sole trade agreement with Germany it will be with the EU which Germany obviously are still a member.

Also I am not sure where I said that we couldn't make deals with other EU countries, but my point above applies again its never going to be with sole nations it's the whole EU block. My points about trade deals have been about non-EU countries, where I have referenced recently 8 trade deals completed out of an anticipated 40. We can't officially sign a trade deal with anyone until we are outside the EU anyway.

You say business isn't prepared for a real Brexit, well do you watch the news? There have been countless examples of companies making contingency plans for a no deal brexit, incurring additional expenses along the way.

A hard brexit on WTO rules will set this country back years. Given the lack of signed trade deals with major nations non EU trade is hardly going to take up the slack. And more importantly, the UK has done absolutely nothing to sell itself to the rest of the world. If anything a lot of major trading nations are probably looking at us right now and thinking, what a bunch of jokers we are given we can't present a unified way of leaving the EU!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:05 am
Rob uncertainty over Brexit has without doubt cost us because of our incompetent and corrupted politicians.

If they had done what they should have done we would now be free of the chains of the EU and people like you would now be enjoying the Benefits but they didn't so now it's a mess.

You can't blame that on the 17.4 million ,they did their part ,the Government just didn't do theirs.

For those thinking we are leaving though I got a email yesterday from the Labour party asking if I wanted to stand for them as an MEP in the upcoming elections,they obviously know more than me.
:lol: :lol:
I didn't realise that the EU had been controlling me so much.
what are these benefits I could be enjoying now then ? :D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47652280

what a waste of money.
Brexit needs to be stopped so that time and this money can be invested in areas which need addressing, like the NHS, transport, tackling knife crime.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Whatever we say now it's irrelevant, the stitch up is now reaching the end game and although there might be some twists and turns still it's almost decided we won't be leaving the EU or we tie ourselves to the treaty May was handed down which as I've said is worse than staying .

There's far worse coming soon including the end of free speech reduction in your human rights ,and after the Lisbon treaty kicks in you can get used to the euro and the end of your freedom as a country forever !

I used to think we were the 51st state ,but seems we will be the EU's poodle instead !

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

money can be invested in areas which need addressing, like the NHS, transport, tackling knife crime.

I don't think any of us would argue that those priorities should be addressed but it's not the leaving of Europe that is the cause for money not being thrown in those directions , in fact it could be argued that had our somewhat spineless Parliament carried out their responsibilities some time ago ,we would have been in a position to spend a proportion of the membership fee on those very subjects.
The fact that we are claiming not to have the funds is rather like taking the script from a boardroom close to all our hearts. Whilst we borrow money to display what a bountiful country we are on the international stage if we wanted we could just as easily spend that money here . The cash is available it's just how they choose to spend it. The big business lobbies will argue that money spent on aid creates a comeback when we get projects and funding in return , but do we really ?
No , we get investment to buy out our industries and when the going gets a little tough the companies close and the jobs go where the labour is cheaper . We could of course have subsidised some of these plants to keep the workers employed ,all paying tax on earnings and VAT on their spending but that is against Brussels law . Except when you realise that your family Citroen , Peugeot , Renault could have components made from Bendix , Girling , Teves or Valeo , all French companies 2 of which were originally British but no longer , the original equpment shared amongst them to keep employment up in France but your car could have any of the these fitted and there is no way of telling which manufacturer made your O.E until you take the old units off to see the maker.
This is just a situation from my trade and I am sure it goes on in other situations to which I am not Au Fait.
We already know that we do not control many of our businesses and the profits and taxes go out of the country and are not collected or spent here and how have we allowed our water , electricity , gas etc to be owned by other countries that should they wish just turn off the taps so to speak.
i am all in favour of trading with anybody but for God's sake keep it under control . We know that we have a potentially profitable fishing industry , we can grow food , rear meat , and import from many places outside the European block , in fact we already do . So where does the apocalypse happen ?
As with all things political it's having the will to do things . I am afraid that our governing and monied class are quite happy where they are and do not have the desire , they are obsessed with what they might lose rather than grasping what they might gain.
Now it is strongly rumoured that the Chequers agreement was drafted in Germany and that Olly Robbins just gave it a nod of assent before it went before the cabinet during that meeting. Corbyn is talking to Sinn Fein and Arron Banks and leave e.u are having their fines absolved because of a lack of evidence of wrongdoing .
Come Wed we will be in a flextension, the uproar will die down, and May and Corbyn will agree that the outcome of co-operation will be support for her deal based on a confirmatory vote between her BRINO deal and Remain. Remain will win, either way there no BREXIT. Her deal is not BREXIT it is hard remain + hand over of our foreign policy, armed forces and security policy + defence procurement / industry. So sad !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:24 pm
Whatever we say now it's irrelevant, the stitch up is now reaching the end game and although there might be some twists and turns still it's almost decided we won't be leaving the EU or we tie ourselves to the treaty May was handed down which as I've said is worse than staying .

There's far worse coming soon including the end of free speech reduction in your human rights ,and after the Lisbon treaty kicks in you can get used to the euro and the end of your freedom as a country forever !

I used to think we were the 51st state ,but seems we will be the EU's poodle instead !
just think about what you have just written.
you are quite happy to dismiss all the "Project Fear" based on facts from the Remainers, BUT quite happy to believe all the rubbish from the eurosceptics! if we stay in the EU we will NOT be forced into the euro anytime soon!