The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Gunner Rob

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by Gunner Rob »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:05 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:53 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:42 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:50 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:23 pm
I shall raise a glass for democracy. Whether things succeed, fail or probably just stay much the same is neither here nor there. There was a vote and the outcome was being blocked by a bunch of politicians acting of their own accord and frequently out of step with their constituents. Funny how these ex MPs all got fucked off in the recent election.
very easy to win a vote based on a load of lies.
end result - we all end up the losers.

Miserable fucktard.
Bad loser.
You will thank us one day.
Sad old git
:D
the sadness of our war veterans.
https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-st ... wsource=cl

they probably have more idea than you ever will.

Oop's. Pardon Moi. (see what I did there?)
I forgot to add fucknuckle.
Go and enjoy your three story, five bedroom house in Cambridge Rob, Bob, Bobbie, and be grateful that mummy and daddy afforded you that luxury.
Now, as someone posted many moons ago on this forum..................
Go on, off you fuck
that would be nice - you buying one for me ? :D not quite sure what you are on about there.

oh and by the way now that this is Brexit Britain you can stay put down under.
I might as well join in with the new racist country i live in - you are not welcome back here!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:12 pm

Honestly mate.
What you, Herd and A11M11 put so eloquently is far, far better than my contributions.
I just enjoy Rob, Bob, Bobbie getting his knickers in a twist over his inheritance that is related to mummy and daddy's investments.
Also, the FACT that his idea of democracy is one where votes don't count, just the outcome.
Kenny Everett's Cupid Stunt if ever..............
seriously I'm fine for you to have a go at me. I get it, I am on here moaning.
the thing is I don't understand your argument against me ?

what has the fact that I think we will be better off as a country inside the EU got to do with my inheritance and investments ???
not that they will be worth much anyway.

Brexit probably won't affect me that much financially - I am one of the lucky ones where i dont expect to lose my job.
I just don't like the idea that we will become Little Britain and no longer have the influence we used to have on the world stage.

we will gradually just become a poor little backwater of Europe, you just can't see it yet.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:44 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:40 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:23 pm
I shall raise a glass for democracy. Whether things succeed, fail or probably just stay much the same is neither here nor there. There was a vote and the outcome was being blocked by a bunch of politicians acting of their own accord and frequently out of step with their constituents. Funny how these ex MPs all got fucked off in the recent election.
I thought that you were done on this thread ????
Good to see you back, voice of reason
You are quite right mate, I have kept away from this thread because the whole Brexit thing does my head in and I just wasn't prepared to let myself get sucked into a pointless debate. We had a vote and I would have accepted the outcome whichever side won because that's how I am. I just didn't, and still don't, have the desire to engage with the sort of people who refuse to accept the outcome of a straightforward vote.

What we have experienced these past three years with absolute CU.NTS like Grieve, Soubrey, Bercow etc deciding that they know best just beggars belief as these fu.ckwits haven't a clue how things will play out. Many of the self entitled political elite basically threatened and lied to the people in order to get them to fall in line with what they wanted. But oh look, the fifth biggest economy in the world hasn't collapsed as some predicted, what a shock.

So in my view it's worth raising a glass of two not as a 'screw you' to the EU but to commemorate the fuckwits who tried to subjugate the will of the majority eventually being defeated.

Honestly mate.
What you, Herd and A11M11 put so eloquently is far, far better than my contributions.
I just enjoy Rob, Bob, Bobbie getting his knickers in a twist over his inheritance that is related to mummy and daddy's investments.
Also, the FACT that his idea of democracy is one where votes don't count, just the outcome.

:lol:

Well on the subject of KE then I guess for the deniers of democracy we should - round 'em up put 'em in a field and............ :lol: :lol:

You're welcome over here any time you like mate :barscarf:

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:22 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:

Honestly mate.

what has the fact that I think we will be better off as a country inside the EU got to do with my inheritance and investments ???

Brexit probably won't affect me that much financially - I am one of the lucky ones where i dont expect to lose my job.
I just don't like the idea that we will become Little Britain and no longer have the influence we used to have on the world stage.

we will gradually just become a poor little backwater of Europe, you just can't see it yet.

Rob.
Insults aside mate.
The future for US is going to be a prosperous one.
Europe needs US.
The future (maybe not in your or my time) will tell.
The UK only ever wanted trade agreement initially (cough, cough), then we got sucked into the unelected EU behemoth that mainly benefitted the poorer EU nations and advanced the French and German agendas for total control of Europe.
A11M11 has explained this ad nauseum.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

You'll be asking to come back within 5 maybe 10 years max. :D :wink:

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:45 pm
:lol:
Probably because we're sick and tired of chasing the Sandra's and Chardonnay's, and need the easier Aoife, Niamh and Ciara's.
:D :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:34 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:22 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:

Honestly mate.

Rob.
Insults aside mate.
The future for US is going to be a prosperous one.
Europe needs US.
The future (maybe not in your or my time) will tell.
The UK only ever wanted trade agreement initially (cough, cough), then we got sucked into the unelected EU behemoth that mainly benefitted the poorer EU nations and advanced the French and German agendas for total control of Europe.
A11M11 has explained this ad nauseum.
Oh dear
You really have been brainwashed.
A11M11 is just another dinosaur living in the past who makes ridiculous comments.

All this talk of the great deals we are going to get.
When are they happening then ?

We had the best fucking deal - we had so many opt outs and special arrangements when we were in the EU.

We will be back in the EU in about 20 years time - only then it will be on worse terms.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:45 pm
Funnily enough quite a few people said that about you lot in the 1920s and you've managed ok mate :rubchin:

Rob stop dissembling and using spurious arguments, being such a vehement supporter of the EU you should know that legally the UK couldn't make or even negotiate trade treaties with other nations whilst a member of the EU without being in breach of EU laws and treaties :roll:

Whether we prosper or not remains to be seen, but to be on the safe side I've bought the family hard hats for tonight just in case the sky falls in as predicted by some :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Don't understand why there is some partying going on. We're out, and now we can get on with the next stage.

There may be a shortage of olives by the end of February. Other than that, business as usual.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Well here at chez Jock the macallans 18 is out and I'm very much enjoying the Brexit night specials on the telly. No not the celebrations in Parliament Square, I'm talking about the sad bastards in Brighton who are holding a candle lit vigil as they despair at our departure from the cartel oops sorry the institution of the EU. Lots of sad faces and tears, it's all very tragic. I often wondered where those mad bitches from the old CND camps got to.....just a shame it's not minus 10 there. Oh well :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Well its half past 11 and the sky hasn't fallen so we may just be alright :wink:

Not particularly jubilant or satisfied just kind of relieved, it now remains to be seen not only whether the UK can prosper but whether any other countries follow suit if things dont go tits up.

I've always maintained the damn organisation should have just remained a trading block and nothing else but as with all organisations as they grow 'mission creep' comes in, power begets power, and bureaucracy gets out of control and stops listening, there are some very good parts of the EU and some utterly attrocious ones but ultimately its singular inability to listen and adapt to change from within its own member states could ultimately be its downfall, again only time will tell.

Populism as it is called these days seems to be something that the EU wants to ignore and hope it goes away but you only have to look at Macron's problems with the former Yellow and now Orange Jackets (for those who dont know yellow ones have actually been banned :roll: ) may be a sign of things to come.

By the way if you havent seen it look up the recent clash between the French Police and Firemen, absolutely shocking that two organisations who are supposed to work closely together in emergencies can act that way towards each other and the consequencies may be far reaching for France.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:47 pm
Well its half past 11 and the sky hasn't fallen so we may just be alright :wink:

Not particularly jubilant or satisfied just kind of relieved, it now remains to be seen not only whether the UK can prosper but whether any other countries follow suit if things dont go tits up.

I've always maintained the damn organisation should have just remained a trading block and nothing else but as with all organisations as they grow 'mission creep' comes in, power begets power, and bureaucracy gets out of control and stops listening, there are some very good parts of the EU and some utterly attrocious ones but ultimately its singular inability to listen and adapt to change from within its own member states could ultimately be its downfall, again only time will tell.

Populism as it is called these days seems to be something that the EU wants to ignore and hope it goes away but you only have to look at Macron's problems with the former Yellow and now Orange Jackets (for those who dont know yellow ones have actually been banned :roll: ) may be a sign of things to come.

By the way if you havent seen it look up the recent clash between the French Police and Firemen, absolutely shocking that two organisations who are supposed to work closely together in emergencies can act that way towards each other and the consequencies may be far reaching for France.
France is exactly what we shouldn't aspire to be. That's why we should be grateful that Corbyn didn't get anywhere near power. He wasn't a puppet for the unions, he was one of them. Could you imagine the unions who represent nationalised broadband threatening strike action every time the government sneezed? Railways even worse possibly.

Margaret Thatcher dealt with the unions here in the 80s, that has meant that largely as a country we haven't been held to ransom by people who start crying when their generous pension rights amongst other things start to get trimmed. Macron is trying to modernise the French economy, there is nothing wrong with that.

The economy grew at 1.2% last year, let's see how we fare in the coming years. That's a pretty low benchmark.

To be so reliant on a country like the US, who already are sniffing around the NHS and no doubt don't like our stance on Huawei building our 5g networks is a real issue. Don't forget we left the EU because we didn't like them dictating to us on laws, immigration etc. A trade deal from the US won't see an influx of Americans coming here but boy will they dictate any trade agreements.

The US is also sitting on a debt timebomb, both corporate and consumer. Trump has helped fuel that with his tax cuts. It won't take much to burst that bubble, as we saw in 2008. When the shit hits the fan in the US, we all get covered.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

It's half done now , it remains to be seen how it develops . The excuse that it's the E.U caused the problems is gone and now our governmental system will come under greater scrutiny.
We are a very wasteful society and extremely profligate with our money , we need to be a lot more scrupulous as to how we spend it. We are a rich country but we spend money like pouring water without any real check .
Examples of HS2 , NHS , House of Lords ,Foreign aid budgets come to mind immediately and there are many more . The funding of local government needs attention and the way that contracts are given and the lack of analysis of the value for money we get in return.
Brexit and the debate has done a lot and it has raised the subject of how our parliamentary system works , it has bought politics into the public domain and just as we do deals which will happen as our market is too large for prospective suitors to ignore , we find ourselves in a 180 degree turn . Where we looked to try and reform the E.U. we now have to look at reforming ourselves.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:53 am
It's half done now , it remains to be seen how it develops . The excuse that it's the E.U caused the problems is gone and now our governmental system will come under greater scrutiny.
We are a very wasteful society and extremely profligate with our money , we need to be a lot more scrupulous as to how we spend it. We are a rich country but we spend money like pouring water without any real check .
Examples of HS2 , NHS , House of Lords ,Foreign aid budgets come to mind immediately and there are many more . The funding of local government needs attention and the way that contracts are given and the lack of analysis of the value for money we get in return.
Brexit and the debate has done a lot and it has raised the subject of how our parliamentary system works , it has bought politics into the public domain and just as we do deals which will happen as our market is too large for prospective suitors to ignore , we find ourselves in a 180 degree turn . Where we looked to try and reform the E.U. we now have to look at reforming ourselves.
HS2 will pay itself back many times over. All you have to do is look at developed countries that have a decent rail network. The problem is the upfront costs are staggering. When they estimate costs they should always have a large contingency rather than look like muppets when it goes over budget.