The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

DB10GOONER

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by DB10GOONER »

corkbarry wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:27 pm
Amazon Germany have an English version now which will be cheaper for us to order from and i have been told Quicker :barscarf:

No red tape or checks and tariffs. They might even have :roll: Tassimo coffee pods DB.
I won't hear a bad word about Tassimo Barry. :box: :lol:

I never drank coffee in my life. I did use to drink about 5 or 6 cans of Blue Bear (like Red Bull but more caffeine) a day in work and my kidneys were fucking screaming at me. So my missus bought a Tassimo to "ease me off the bongo juice and onto coffee" and I fucking love their coffee. 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:00 am
Go on DB10 admit it, you were hoping to close this down by now!

:D :D :D
:lol:

You know me too well Nutty. :D :wink:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:04 am
StuartL wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:42 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:49 am
You Brexit cùnts. :censored:

You utter cùnts. :censored:

Thanks to you fucking fuckwits I cannot order my favourite Tassimo coffee pods online for the "foreseeable future". :x

You fucking cùnts. :censored:
Whatever next, your personally warmed between a dusky maiden’s thigh, chocolate and hazelnut croissant not being delivered at the right temperature ?
No its fucking not Stuart. Brexit bastards. :banghead: :box:
I feel your pain

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:13 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
StuartL wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Thanks to you fucking fuckwits I cannot order my favourite Tassimo coffee pods online for the "foreseeable future". :x

Whatever next, your personally warmed between a dusky maiden’s thigh, chocolate and hazelnut croissant not being delivered at the right temperature ?
I feel your pain au chocolate
Sorted!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonertux wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:37 pm
StuartL wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
StuartL wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Sorted!
:lol: :lol:

Reminds me of a cute story about my daughter. She's two months away from her 17th birthday now and very down to earth but I never tire of reminding her of how posh she was at the age of 6. :wink:

I went to the shop to get her and her mom some pain au chocolat and returned with chocolate croissants. My little princess thought this the funniest shit she'd ever heard or seen. She would regale her aunts and uncles and grandparents with the tale of "mommy do you remember that time we sent daddy for pain au chocolat and brought back chocolate croissants?! Haha Haha haha!" :lol: :wink:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

goonertux wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:37 pm
StuartL wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
StuartL wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Sorted!
Tres bien :lol:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Brexit going well isn’t it. Ohh wait its that pesky virus right?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:09 pm
Brexit going well isn’t it. Ohh wait its that pesky virus right?
:lol:

Huzzah!! Have that you bastards!! :box:

Well played, Sir. :D :wink:

What will the Brexiteers blame the soon to be understocked supermarket shelves on...?

White male privilege? :shock:

:wink:

nut flush gooner

You cannot beat a locally produced sausage, but British jobs for British workers mean that we are facing culling thousands of pigs in the UK because there are no British butchers available to prepare the meat for cold storage/supermarkets.

So what do we do 10 months after Brexit, yes offer temporary visas to Europeans so they can come in and do the jobs we won't do. And this is nothing to do with covid.

I just hope there isn't a shortage of pigs in blankets this Christmas, now that would be a disaster.

I won't say I didn't tell you so about agriculture/farming, but I did!

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:33 am
You cannot beat a locally produced sausage, but British jobs for British workers mean that we are facing culling thousands of pigs in the UK because there are no British butchers available to prepare the meat for cold storage/supermarkets.

So what do we do 10 months after Brexit, yes offer temporary visas to Europeans so they can come in and do the jobs we won't do. And this is nothing to do with covid.

I just hope there isn't a shortage of pigs in blankets this Christmas, now that would be a disaster.

I won't say I didn't tell you so about agriculture/farming, but I did!
Get yourself ready to a new alternative to pigs in blankets...shrimp in blankets, coming to a Morrisons near you.
Over the last 10 years, training for butchers at most large supermarkets has been culled. Therefore, it's not an attractive job. Getting trained butchers to work at manufacturing plants is difficult as they are more skilled than just being meat cutters. It's like asking Messi to turnout for your Sunday pub team.
Problems we are facing now aren't entirely down to Brexit, it's been the neglectful decline by large corporations to actually train people to a skilled level, so they don't have to pay them a skilled wage.
Added to the increase in political veganism, why are farmers breeding pigs in large quantities? Are we going to witness the battle between animal rights campaigners against veganism/ environmental campaigners.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

All vegans are scum.

Just wanted to pop that in there. As the Bishop said to the choir boy. :lol: :wink:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Problems we are facing now aren't entirely down to Brexit, it's been the neglectful decline by large corporations to actually train people to a skilled level, so they don't have to pay them a skilled wage

A major part of the Brexit that many people voted for was the chance to reset the way things were handled in the country for the people . This of course was largely ignored by those in opposition to the idea that were doing alright .
As a country our political masters ( Tories ) have largely wasted 5 years in trying to leave the E.U without upsetting their paymasters and trying to keep their feet in two camps.
Because of this It was a bad deal and problems from it are arriving and just as many remainers are feeling let down , most Brexit supporters feel betrayed as well .

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:53 am
All vegans are scum.

Just wanted to pop that in there. As the Bishop said to the choir boy. :lol: :wink:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

What!??? Even Spock ????

:D

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Given my recent experiences of dealing with UK imports/ exports, Brexit has totally fucked it up. Whilst it's still vibrant to the economy, the red tape, controls and costs have escalated beyond initial estimates. The courier companies driving up costs, has probably contributed to the increase in food and goods prices, making a nice tidy profit for themselves, passing the costs onto traders and individuals.
My political stance on the EU hasn't changed, but the deal, and I use the word deal loosely, Boris agreed is a complete shambles and farce.

nut flush gooner

Think this needs to be revisited. Brexit is going well isn't it lads?

Of course, the Conservatives will tell you it's the war and COVID!

We came out of lockdown before any other G7 country but are looking down a big fat barrel. All my comments about inflation and the economic impact on this country are within the bowels of this discussion, not forgetting higher interest rates.

Well, it looks like the birds have come home to roost!