The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Gunner Rob

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by Gunner Rob »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:05 pm
Shame that you miss the really important point but that's no great surprise.
what would that be then ?

since you think you are such an expert are you going to explain how Brexit is going to be achieved by the end of October ?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Effectively the threat to walk and trouser the £ 39 billion will either bring the E.U to their senses or else we wave goodbye and trade from outside , and trade with them we will. That might not be the desired outcome but had we not found a negotiating team that were totally incapable of using the cards in their hand and a cabal of politicians that were never prepared to act democratically and should you wish to apportion culpability they are the ones to blame for the uncertaincy that has surrounded the whole debacle.
It could have and should have been sorted within the two year period but the procrastination of all you remain supporters has delayed the whole process.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:48 pm
Effectively the threat to walk and trouser the £ 39 billion will either bring the E.U to their senses or else we wave goodbye and trade from outside , and trade with them we will. That might not be the desired outcome but had we not found a negotiating team that were totally incapable of using the cards in their hand and a cabal of politicians that were never prepared to act democratically and should you wish to apportion culpability they are the ones to blame for the uncertaincy that has surrounded the whole debacle.
It could have and should have been sorted within the two year period but the procrastination of all you remain supporters has delayed the whole process.
what a load of rubbish

Brexit has not been sorted out because it is not possible to implement.
3 years on I had thought that you might have realised that. Clearly not.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Locals in Islington are glad that Boris has moved away ,his presence which when just an Mp was a good excuse for banter turned ugly when he became Major and sought revenge from the piss takers at the Bailey which got raided over and over again until people just stopped drinking there .
Then when SWP antifart and others started prowling the manor and gathering outside his house regularly and annoying locals things got very ugly.
CAmberwells fine by me !

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:17 pm
A11M11 wrote:
what a load of rubbish

Not rubbish and not impossible - just a complete lack of political desire to do what needs to be done. What we have all witnessed is a remainer PM, who I correctly referred to on here as a fucking idiot, doing her best to achieve a Brexit that left us tied to the EU - the great Irish backstop. If nobody is going to put up a hard border then what's the issue......then the other day we are told that the Irish will have to implement a hard border to protect the integrity of the single market. Utter bullshit.

I do not want to leave without a deal but if we must then we must. There has been absolutely NO pressure brought to bear on the EU and unless we are prepared to leave without a deal then we deny ourselves the leverage to achieve one. We are dealing with a bunch of self serving political ideoligists who will put their own beliefs before the interests of the nations they represent. The fact that TM wasn't serious about Brexit was obvious to all and fair play to the EU negotiators for taking the piss.....they had every right to given the circumstances. Funny how they didn't like Dominic Raab when he started negotiating because he wasn't fucking about so of course TM sidelined him....."fuck me if we're not careful we'll end up actually leaving" she was quoted as saying. Then on top of that we have our own toss pot MPs not giving two fucks about the result of the referendum which only serves to make the job even more difficult.

Yes, a no deal causes us significant problems but it will also cause many of the EU nations a major headache too. Hello, anybody? anybody? No disrespect to the Dutch, Belgians and Irish but how long before they are screaming at the EU to sort something out when things get tough as they will do. If we reduce / stop holidaying in Spain, buying German cars and French wine the squeeze then hits them too. That is the fucking obvious thing that TM has quietly ignored and the EU have rightly played along. When you do a deal sometimes you do actually have to play hardball and state the unpleasant consequences for both sides. Then the question finally gets asked as to how much the EU project is really about trade for some nations and how much is it a desire for a United States of Europe for others.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:26 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:17 pm
A11M11 wrote:
what a load of rubbish

Not rubbish and not impossible - just a complete lack of political desire to do what needs to be done. What we have all witnessed is a remainer PM, who I correctly referred to on here as a fucking idiot, doing her best to achieve a Brexit that left us tied to the EU - the great Irish backstop. If nobody is going to put up a hard border then what's the issue......then the other day we are told that the Irish will have to implement a hard border to protect the integrity of the single market. Utter bullshit.

I do not want to leave without a deal but if we must then we must. There has been absolutely NO pressure brought to bear on the EU and unless we are prepared to leave without a deal then we deny ourselves the leverage to achieve one. We are dealing with a bunch of self serving political ideoligists who will put their own beliefs before the interests of the nations they represent. The fact that TM wasn't serious about Brexit was obvious to all and fair play to the EU negotiators for taking the piss.....they had every right to given the circumstances. Funny how they didn't like Dominic Raab when he started negotiating because he wasn't fucking about so of course TM sidelined him....."fuck me if we're not careful we'll end up actually leaving" she was quoted as saying. Then on top of that we have our own toss pot MPs not giving two fucks about the result of the referendum which only serves to make the job even more difficult.

Yes, a no deal causes us significant problems but it will also cause many of the EU nations a major headache too. Hello, anybody? anybody? No disrespect to the Dutch, Belgians and Irish but how long before they are screaming at the EU to sort something out when things get tough as they will do. If we reduce / stop holidaying in Spain, buying German cars and French wine the squeeze then hits them too. That is the fucking obvious thing that TM has quietly ignored and the EU have rightly played along. When you do a deal sometimes you do actually have to play hardball and state the unpleasant consequences for both sides. Then the question finally gets asked as to how much the EU project is really about trade for some nations and how much is it a desire for a United States of Europe for others.
whether you have a "remainer" PM or a "leaver" PM is irrelevant.
there is a "deal" in place. The EU are not going to renegotiate. Why would they ? They are fed up with Brexit and have more important things to deal with than bothering about us.

Why don't you want to leave without a deal ? I thought that is what Brexit was, what is your version of it then ? Your version, May's version, no deal version. This is the point ! Until you get that agreed, then it isn't going to happen is it!

You are not really selling me this idea of a no deal Brexit if you say it will cause us "significant problems".
Why is that then ? I thought Brexit was supposed to be wonderful for this country. Get a fucking grip, it either is going to be good or it isnt. If it isnt then why are we bothering with it ?

Herd

Post by Herd »

Ive Herd Jeremy Hunt has a 60 billion war chest ,never knew he was a director at Arsenal !

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

if it isnt then why are we bothering with it ?

Beacause the alternative of staying is even worse.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:02 am
if it isnt then why are we bothering with it ?

Beacause the alternative of staying is even worse.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
STILL no actual positives of Brexit then - 3 YEARS after the vote

Pathetic

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

The benefits of leaving are avoiding the detriments of staying.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I've explained enough to you Rob how we could have exited without the Apocalypse but there was no intent to leave so nothing was done .
Due to EU intransigence No Deal is now our only option and it might hurt but the Eu and its members might well be more agreeable to deals as we leave as many of our European trading nations need us as much as we need them, some more !
There has been no deal made with the Eu no negotiation ,they gave us their treaty and we were told that's it .
We should now go all in because we have been backed into a corner !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:05 pm
The benefits of leaving are avoiding the detriments of staying.
but there are NO benefits
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:30 pm
I've explained enough to you Rob how we could have exited without the Apocalypse but there was no intent to leave so nothing was done .
Due to EU intransigence No Deal is now our only option and it might hurt but the Eu and its members might well be more agreeable to deals as we leave as many of our European trading nations need us as much as we need them, some more !
There has been no deal made with the Eu no negotiation ,they gave us their treaty and we were told that's it .
We should now go all in because we have been backed into a corner !
No it is the Brexiteers intransigence that has led to Brexit not happening.
there has been a complete denial all the way through this process. you do realise that even if Johnson becomes PM that the EU will still tell him to fuck off ? Funnily enough the EU won't budge because it is the UK that need the EU more than the EU need the UK. I would have thought that might be clear to you by now, but obviously it still hasn't dawned on you yet. Remarkable.

And why is Brexit now going to hurt ? I thought that it was all supposed to be amazing! :D
If it is gong to hurt then why are we bothering with it. Maybe we should just show some guts and admit that we made a mistake ?
Brexiteers seem to be a bit frightened to do that though. Like I said before, pathetic. Really pathetic what the country has become.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Usual rubbish from our resident troll Rob , you never take anything in just repeat the tired mantras !
I bet your a real laugh to go to the Pub with !

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Today’s shenanigans in Strasbourg were disappointingly childish. Turning backs and wearing T shirts is not likely to gain any chance of renegotiation ,pretty pathetic but in many ways sums up our political class.
One thing however I wish our media would stop calling it their national anthem.They are not a country!