The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

DB10GOONER

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:38 pm
Herd wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:36 am
The current malaise in British Politics is shocking ,two years on from Grenfell and those fire hazard buildings are still there and nothings been done, People are dying daily because of Tory austerity so Brexit has just become a smokescreen to all the other evils in this country .
Now will see the next prime minister as Boris Johnson a hugely loathsome bully who gives not a toss about anyone except himself .
At least if he does become PM then the public will have no doubt that the Tories are here to fuck them ,the last shroud of humanity will have been removed .
Problem is the alternative is almost as bad .
Corbyn has never been in charge of anything in his life even in opposition he was a fringe player and his inner circle is as bad .
Diane Abbot ,Emily Thornberry, are incompetent gobshites ,and apart from McDonald there are no recognised government functionaries in his shadow cabinet at all ,imagine trying to govern like this .
In the past the Whitehall Mandarins could take the burden of political ideology and implement as best as the system allows but they have all been booted out by the last labour PM Gordon Brown .
We have never been so low in this country and the sole beneficiaries of this weakness are big business/pharma etc who can go on plundering the countries assets and leaving the government with the bill !
this is what you voted for, this is Brexit.
It is impossible to implement and so you have had this paralysis in government for 3 years now.
so far the country has already lost billions, it has spent millions on preparing for a no deal Brexit and we are a laughing stock across the world.
and this is BEFORE it has actually happened!

nice one Herd :roll:
Um.... for all his many many failings :wink: I still don't think you can blame Brexit (or Brexnot as I like to call it) on Herd alone mate..... :lol:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

The question following Grenfell is who actually owns the remaining buildings with the dangerous cladding.
Whoever is gaining from the rent should be responsible for the upkeep of their property .If they are private landlords that claim not to be able to pay then they should be given government loans repayable from the rent . There is I believe a law called Fye -fay ( might not be spelt correctly ) which enables a proportion of income to be offset against debt.
If they are council owned it still applies , the money comes from it's budget but can still be repaid over a long period.
The most important part is that the work gets done and quickly.

Herd

Post by Herd »

this is what you voted for, this is Brexit.
It is impossible to implement and so you have had this paralysis in government for 3 years now.
so far the country has already lost billions, it has spent millions on preparing for a no deal Brexit and we are a laughing stock across the world.
and this is BEFORE it has actually happened!
nice one Herd :roll:
We were asked if we wanted in or out ,we voted out
If the Government had any intention of implementing the exit it could have worked out what was needed in case of a no deal and the time frame needed to do it and set up working parties poised to implement it.
Once they had a workable time scale within two years only then should they have triggered article 50
This would have scared the EU shitless and more malleable although I do appreciate that they would fight tooth and nail .
Instead we trigger article 50 and then the moron May holds a snap election which she didnt need to do as she had a large enough working majority to push anything through parliament .
This paralysed her government and suddenly it becomes apparent they had made no plans for Brexit whatsoever as David Davis the Brexit minister heads to Brussels with no notes in July 17,the EU now know we arent serious and smell blood !
We finally prepare a white paper in July 2018 but it doesnt cover all angles and the customs issue or no deal ,again we show we arent serious .
You cannot negotiate with somone who knows you have no alternative hence the Eu hand us a bum deal treaty and May accepts !
Could have been done but theres been no will to do it !
We have been betrayed !

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

May wanted to leave leaving one foot in the door to get back later. Her so called deal which in fact once agreed is a treaty ties us so close to the E.U that there is no point in the whole exercise. The more that the details filter out in words that everyone can understand , the more you see how she was selling our soul.
The much denied Army is taking shape and her commitment to it would leave us supplying arms and personel with no say in where and how they would be used. The thought of Trump with the red button is scary but I think that giving the key to our nuclear weapons to Verhofstad even scarier .

Under the Withdrawal Agreement we would be tied into being deemed a 3rd State in relation to PESCO - this press release even states that "a third State could, and would need to, provide substantial added value to the PESCO projects, contribute to strengthening PESCO and the CSDP and meet more demanding commitments, while fully respecting the principle of decision-making autonomy of the EU and its member states".

In other words under the Withdrawal Agreement we would be mandated to take part in these structures, but give more money and contribute more troops than EU members. All the while agreeing to follow the rulings of the EU with no say in how our military and money will be used.

http://dsms.consilium.europa.eu/952/Act ... etter.aspx

No comment from Clegg of course , The E,U have consumate negotiators with one unifying purpose in mind and they have tied our so called negotiating team in knots. At least they , unlike our politicians , do not lie . Their purpose has been clear to anyone that cared to look however far too many of our population have allowed the agenda to be led by people with a vested interest in the project and not seen behind the facade.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Agreed we are better in than the treaty presented to us but I have always felt that May was totally out of her depth and desperately hoped the whole thing would go away .
Having totally failed to get anything at all in her so called negotiations where she was humiliated by the EU, she was forced into going for a face saver but the treaty she was handed was worse than staying by a country mile.
At that point she should have come clean and declare that the Eu wont budge ,the treaty they have given us is worse than staying in so we have to stay.
At that point she could have resigned with some honour and call a general election.
Instead she tried to force through a crock of shit !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:30 pm
Agreed we are better in than the treaty presented to us but I have always felt that May was totally out of her depth and desperately hoped the whole thing would go away .
Having totally failed to get anything at all in her so called negotiations where she was humiliated by the EU, she was forced into going for a face saver but the treaty she was handed was worse than staying by a country mile.
At that point she should have come clean and declare that the Eu wont budge ,the treaty they have given us is worse than staying in so we have to stay.
At that point she could have resigned with some honour and call a general election.
Instead she tried to force through a crock of shit !
Politician in self serving cowardice shock. :shock:

:D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

All politicians are SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGG'S

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I will literally piss myself laughing if Boris Bojo Johnson wins. We will then be in a position where Beavis is running America and Butthead is running the UK. :shock: :lol:

Still it could be worse.... if Satan's Whore Clinton had won and then Bojo became PM that would have been the final sign and the Rapture would have begun by now..... we dodged the end of days by a couple of Clinton scandals kiddies.... :shock:

*Bojo is Dublin slang for testicles. :wink:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Johnson probably will win the top seat and will have until May 2022 to assemble a team that has one voice and one purpose . If he can do that , he will have done all that can be done to unite his party as the Clarke's , Letwin , Hammonds either quit or join Chukka in his latest home.
To do this he needs to lead from behind without seeking the limelight rather as he is doing with the leadership bid.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Johnsons election as Pm will be a great vote winner in the next election ………………………...for Labour !

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:49 am
I will literally piss myself laughing if Boris Bojo Johnson wins. We will then be in a position where Beavis is running America and Butthead is running the UK. :shock: :lol:

Still it could be worse.... if Satan's Whore Clinton had won and then Bojo became PM that would have been the final sign and the Rapture would have begun by now..... we dodged the end of days by a couple of Clinton scandals kiddies.... :shock:

Love a bit of foreign culture :lol:

I can only presume therefore that over the water 'Corbyn' is slang for complete and utter cu.nt :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:58 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

I can only presume therefore that over the water 'Corbyn' is slang for complete and utter cu.nt :rubchin:
It certainly is. Well the furry ones anyway.... :D

And if it's a shaved growler we call it a "Gazidis". :censored:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:01 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

:lol:

So the next time you come :-P face to face with a "Gazidis" you'll be able to use the old line "well that's never happened before" :shock: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:23 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

So the next time you come :-P face to face with a "Gazidis" you'll be able to use the old line "well that's never happened before" :shock: :lol:

Unless I'm going up her Khyber.... or her "Mourinho" as it's also known..... :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:43 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:23 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Unless I'm going up her Khyber.... or her "Mourinho" as it's also known..... :lol:

Or should that be her Mourinhole from a grammatical point of view :rubchin: