Hillborough inquest...jury out

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Top Londoner

Re: Hillborough inquest...jury out

Post by Top Londoner »

Dozens of tickets for Liverpool's Europa League cup final on Wednesday night are stolen from club's office.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -paid.html

Hmmmmmmmm. :rubchin:
I wonder what might happen (again) ?
Oh yeah, it's Thatcher's fault of course?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Top Londoner wrote:Dozens of tickets for Liverpool's Europa League cup final on Wednesday night are stolen from club's office.

Boycott the Daily Mail for reporting this..

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Top Londoner wrote:Dozens of tickets for Liverpool's Europa League cup final on Wednesday night are stolen from club's office.

Boycott the Daily Mail for reporting this..
:lol:

I'm sure some Mouser conspiracy theorist will find a way to link both the theft and the story of it to The Sun (boo! boo!) Newspaper and the Police. :roll: :lol:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

John Aldridge recently proclaimed that 30,000 ticket less supporters will travel over for the final.

:shock:

WENGER OUT

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Top Londoner wrote:John Aldridge recently proclaimed that 30,000 ticket less supporters will travel over for the final.

:shock:

WENGER OUT
Same half wit Aldridge who said"Liverpool would win because of their experience in European finals as Seville haven't played in any, certainly not recently " Same Seville who are going for three in a row and five out of ten..

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Doesn't help that Klopp encouraged all Liverpool fans without tickets to travel anyway.

Don't know if he is genuinely that naive or simply doesn't care because he is desperate to be a self-styled legend and knows exactly what to say and do to please the fans, but rather than being a carnival-like atmosphere, if loads of Liverpool fans travel without tickets it will be carnage. They just can't behave themselves.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:Doesn't help that Klopp encouraged all Liverpool fans without tickets to travel anyway.

Don't know if he is genuinely that naive or simply doesn't care because he is desperate to be a self-styled legend and knows exactly what to say and do to please the fans, but rather than being a carnival-like atmosphere, if loads of Liverpool fans travel without tickets it will be carnage. They just can't behave themselves.
That's the Police's fault, you know. :eh:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Scum fans

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

If you want to watch tonight's final on BT Sport it is advisable to have the mute button on..It will be unbearable..

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:If you want to watch tonight's final on BT Sport it is advisable to have the mute button on..It will be unbearable..
I think I might give "one of those glorious Liverpool nights in Europe" a miss tbh. The Mouser wánk-a-thon would be too much. :roll:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Thank God for that... coin thrown at Sevilla number 3 while getting treatment, Many Liverpool fans fail to wait and acknowledge their team..In fairness I thought Milner was honest in the interview

Herd

Post by Herd »

Lets not get precious people always travel to games without tickets , we had about 100,000 in Paris in 2006 ,we had 7000 in Brussels for Anderlecht .
The opportunity of going to Switzerland which is an easy run is too much to miss !
Why this is on a Hillborough thread is beyond me !
Hillsbourough was an organised conspiracy from the government to pervert the truth which was simple , that the ground wasnt fit for purpose and the south yorkshire police acted like they always did ,like total *word censored* !
Now that those lies have been exposed it gives the 96 a clean bill of health !
Only those who jibbed in that day and thus added to the crush hold any responsibility from the Liverpool side !
Last edited by Herd on Thu May 19, 2016 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:Lets not get precious people always travel to games without tickets , we had about 100,000 in Paris in 2006 ,we had 7000 in Brussels for Anderlecht .
The opportunity of going to Switzerland which is and easy run is too much to miss !
The difference being though that we didn't have 5000+ fans (Liverpool in Athens) force their way in without tickets. I've traveled to numerous away days in Europe and never seen Gooners act like Mousers. I was in Paris in 2006 and the travelling Gooners were brilliantly behaved. We drank outside Gare du Nord, at The Arc de Triomphe and all over Pigalle and there was a great atmosphere in the city. Out at the stadium we didn't see people mugging fellow fans for tickets or charging the turnstiles in their hundreds without tickets. We saw one arsehole try and climb a security fence and get his leg impaled and every Gooner around me called him an arsehole. Going to a city without a ticket is fine, once the fans behave.

I'm sure we have had a few idiots bunk in at various finals, but you simply cannot compare that to the Mousers long well documented history of repeatedly bunking in in their thousands - especially given the tragic events of Hillsborough and the lesser mentioned Heysel tragedy.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I know your opinion DB and we will never agree .
On the subject of the "arsehole" hes a very good mate of mine and I saw no-one call him arsehole , he tried to get in and failed badly
but guess what he was desperate to get in , his brother did and ran off not knowing he slipped tough luck !

There were untold thousands who jibbed into that ground in Paris , there were so many they were sitting in the aisles 3 deep ,Im happy they made it !

Ive seen many a jib in my time with Arsenal so I wont paint us as Holier than thou!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:I know your opinion DB and we will never agree .
On the subject of the "arsehole" hes a very good mate of mine and I saw no-one call him arsehole , he tried to get in and failed badly
but guess what he was desperate to get in , his brother did and ran off not knowing he slipped tough luck !

There were untold thousands who jibbed into that ground in Paris , there were so many they were sitting in the aisles 3 deep ,Im happy they made it !

Ive seen many a jib in my time with Arsenal so I wont paint us as Holier than thou!
As the ambulance and cops were trying to peel him off the fence he was getting dogs abuse hurled at him - some of it just banter but most of it spiteful. I don't know what part of the ground you went into but it seems it was near us. To get to the turnstiles we had to show our tickets at 2 different checkpoints, and then at the turnstiles themselves. We were channeled through clearly marked areas swamped with stewards and cops and with no room for anyone to bunk in. The biggest gripe I heard on the day was Gooners moaning about how long it was taking to get in.

You are right we will never agree on this. As I said I'm sure there are Gooners that have bunked in at various grounds (including Highbury - I knew a turnstile operative that was taking £10 cash for admittance to the NB back in 2002-2004). But again you cannot compare that to the Mousers. And given that we have had Hillsborough rammed down our throats by the Mousers for 25 years I think we can get a tad Holier than Thou when facing the rank hypocrisy of fans that still do the thing that contributed to the deaths of their fellow fans.