The Political Correctness Bullshit Thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Rugby Gooner

The Political Correctness Bullshit Thread

Post by Rugby Gooner »

I thought that I would start this thread to give a "Room 101" type repository to all the politically correct bullshit which contaminates our existence,a sort of "Pseuds Corner" to highlight all this crap.
I will kick it off with a gem from S.O.A.S.,(The School of Oriental and African Studies),Student Union,University of London.
They have declared that they want Plato,Descartes,Aristotle,and Nietzsche,(a lovely little thinker but a bugger when he's pissed),removed from their Philosophy courses because,"They are all too White."
I thought that part of the role of Philosophy was to consider ALL strands of thought/opinion in order to arrive at ones conclusions,obviously not.
:roll: :banghead:
Last edited by Rugby Gooner on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: The Political Correctness Bullshit Thread

Post by StuartL »

Rugby Gooner wrote:I thought that I would start this thread to give a "Room 101" type repository to all the politically correct bullshit which contaminates our existence,a sort of "Pseuds Corner" to highlight all this crap.
I will kick it off with a gem from S.O.A.S.,(The School of Oriental and African Studies),Student Union,University of London.
They have declared that they want Plato,Descartes,Aristotle,and Nietzsche,(a lovely little thinker but a bugger when he's pissed),from their Philosophy courses because,"They are all too White."
I thought that the whole point of Philosophy was to consider ALL strands of thought/opinion in order to arrive at ones conclusions,obviously not.

That sounds racist to me .

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I wish there was somewhere in the mainstream media to call out the tossers that shout 'racist' at the drop of a hat.

In recent times we've had Mike Read being forced to apologise for singing a calypso song in a caribbean accent (while singing in an american accent is apparently OK), a house for sale site being vilified because one of the pictures of the house included a gollywog on the sofa (go to the Caribbean and you can buy them in high street shops), and this week in the Midlands a group of Morris Dancers were abused because two of them were blacked up (despite the tradition preceding trans-Atlantic slavery).
We've also experienced the banning of baa baa black sheep and the renaming of the blackboard by some schools.

True racism is abhorrent, but inventing racism, or sexism etc so we can be outraged in public is stupid and actually harms the cause of anti-racism.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I went to see my local " Festive lights " switched on . Try explaining to a 3 year old that they can't be associated with Christmas .

I drove there in a black car , Is that permissable ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A11M11 wrote:I went to see my local " Festive lights " switched on . Try explaining to a 3 year old that they can't be associated with Christmas .

Racist bastard. :lol: :wink: :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Political correctness has done a lot of good when you look back at the likes of Bernard Manning and Jim Davidson's 'humour' in the 70's with blatant and outright racism. Yeah things go to far but most of what you read like the banning of baa baa black sheep and banning Christmas is tabloid sensationalism or full stop untruths.....

Personally i like the world we live in today where you cant call people names and make unfunny jokes about their accents, if political correctness has done that or even helped then great and i'll take the slight times it goes over the top

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:Political correctness has done a lot of good when you look back at the likes of Bernard Manning and Jim Davidson's 'humour' in the 70's with blatant and outright racism. Yeah things go to far but most of what you read like the banning of baa baa black sheep and banning Christmas is tabloid sensationalism and full stop untruths.....

Personally i like the world we live in today where you cant call people names and make unfunny jokes about their accents, if political correctness has done that or even helped then great and i'll take the slight times it goes over the top
There is an old apocryphal story that did the rounds of Dublin pubs for years that Oirish boxer and proper hard bastard Steve Collins once bumped into Jim Davidson at some event and said to him "Let's hear you say something about the Irish now you cúnt" to which Davidson started crying like a little bitch. :lol:

Probably no truth in it at all but it's one of those stories you'd love to be true. :mrgreen:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Rugby Gooner wrote:I thought that I would start this thread to give a "Room 101" type repository to all the politically correct bullshit which contaminates our existence,a sort of "Pseuds Corner" to highlight all this crap.
They have declared that they want Plato,Descartes,Aristotle,and Nietzsche,(a lovely little thinker but a bugger when he's pissed),removed from their Philosophy courses because,"They are all too White."
I thought that part of the role of Philosophy was to consider ALL strands of thought/opinion in order to arrive at ones conclusions,obviously not.
The student life is a hard life when you can only come up with shit like this, I suggest we check their right to stay in the UK then plead allegiance to Her Majesty, and finally kiss my white little arse!
Honestly there is so much wrong in the world, God forbid they get an actual job!...

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:Political correctness has done a lot of good when you look back at the likes of Bernard Manning and Jim Davidson's 'humour' in the 70's with blatant and outright racism. Yeah things go to far but most of what you read like the banning of baa baa black sheep and banning Christmas is tabloid sensationalism and full stop untruths.....

There is an old apocryphal story that did the rounds of Dublin pubs for years that Oirish boxer and proper hard bastard Steve Collins once bumped into Jim Davidson at some event and said to him "Let's hear you say something about the Irish now you cúnt" to which Davidson started crying like a little bitch. :lol:

Probably no truth in it at all but it's one of those stories you'd love to be true. :mrgreen:
Would love that to be true

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

A11M11 wrote:I went to see my local " Festive lights " switched on . Try explaining to a 3 year old that they can't be associated with Christmas .

In Rugby what was always known as "The Christmas Tree",which is put up in the middle of the town,(in the main churches grounds),is now called,"The Tree of Light."
Also a relative in Canada has said that it is becoming increasingly difficult to buy cards with ,"Happy Christmas," or "Merry Christmas," on them.They are being replaced by ones saying,"Seasons Greetings," or "Happy Holidays."
Another one that astonished me was that if you wanted to buy Christmas stamps this year you had to specifically ask for them as they were kept to one side so as not to offend.This was reported on L.B.C.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

There is uproar in my daughter's school because a 14 year old girl arrived back after summer holidays and announced that she was now a 14 year old boy. She wants the school to now address her as "Paul" rather than "Jennifer" and she has demanded access to the boys' changing rooms and toilets. When the school said "no, we will address you by the name on your school registration form and will continue insisting you use the girls' facilities as you are a girl" the attention seeking little wagon walked out. Her mom is now threatening to sue the school. :roll: :x So now all the local PC do-gooders are campaigning for her right to be a he. Fucking morons. :roll: :x

As my wife hilariously said about the kid "She's 14. She has no idea what she is or wants to be. Next week she'll probably want to be a cat ffs". :lol:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

flash gunner wrote:Political correctness has done a lot of good when you look back at the likes of Bernard Manning and Jim Davidson's 'humour' in the 70's with blatant and outright racism. Yeah things go to far but most of what you read like the banning of baa baa black sheep and banning Christmas is tabloid sensationalism or full stop untruths.....

My daughter's first school changed baa baa black sheep to baa baa rainbow sheep; I heard it with my own ears.

A very good friend, who is a teacher, received a memo telling her to stop referring to the black board and to only call it the chalk board.

Some stories are apocryphal, but don't underestimate the stupidity of people.

I hate how some people look to take offence and who complain they have been offended. Tough shit. There is no right to not be offended and when we start controlling people's speech we're on a very slippery slope.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:There is uproar in my daughter's school because a 14 year old girl arrived back after summer holidays and announced that she was now a 14 year old boy. She wants the school to now address her as "Paul" rather than "Jennifer" and she has demanded access to the boys' changing rooms and toilets. When the school said "no, we will address you by the name on your school registration form and will continue insisting you use the girls' facilities as you are a girl" the attention seeking little wagon walked out. Her mom is now threatening to sue the school. :roll: :x So now all the local PC do-gooders are campaigning for her right to be a he. Fucking morons. :roll: :x

As my wife hilariously said about the kid "She's 14. She has no idea what she is or wants to be. Next week she'll probably want to be a cat ffs". :lol:

Does she realise she would have to pee standing up ?

Cant see her getting it very high up the trough / wall like the rest of the lads.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

What ever happened to sod's law , Rough justice sometimes is some of the best education.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

This is no apocryphal tale! I had a mate who was in Headley Court at the time recovering from spinal damage when his wagon was blown up on an IED and he got thrown out the top, for those who don't know it is the main rehab centre for injured servicemen in the UK.

I think it was roundabout 2010, Jimmy Carr visited the lads on recovery and was cracking some close to the bone jokes which they were lapping up and he made a quip about the 2012 Paralympic team having some strong candidates from the lads he was visiting, anyway someone who was their leaked the story to the media and next day it was all over the place, the usual SJWs getting all worked up and offended over something they neither witnessed or were part of.

My mate categorically told me that not one of the lads present at the time was in anyway offended by what he said, trust me when i say squaddie humour is fcuking dark at the best of times and even worse when the shit hits the fan, but what does wind them up is people with no knowledge or usual interest in them getting upset on their behalf when it is fcuk all to do with them.

I've said before i had to go on a week long equality and diversity course and it really is an eye opener what can constitute offence these days and how innocuous it can be, also the fact it doesn't need to be the person involved that is offended but anyone who sees/hears it can report it which makes for some interesting interpretations :banghead: