The Political Correctness Bullshit Thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Jock Gooner

Re: The Political Correctness Bullshit Thread

Post by Jock Gooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:45 am
Greta Thundberg came out this week implying that she thought she'd had coronavirus, no proof of any kind however the idiot child must be feeling like her thunder has been stolen and therefore wants to stay relevant. The number of celebrities who 'think's they might possibly, maybe, kind of feel like they did have or have had this virus and therefore feel the need to tell us for themselves to stay relevant and be in solidarity with us poor normal plebs is sickening....... the media frenzy to give more time to these people's struggles rather than stay factual and hammer home the required message is beyond boring and dangerous.

Many people disagree with the way the government/s are handling this but on the other hand they are severely lacking in the full picture and are filling in the gaps to suit themselves, the media have gotten worse and worse over the last 30 to 40 years and seem to think they are a law unto themselves. They have reporters travelling all over the country with their crews to give reports in situ and then criticise those who are not social distancing and self isolating, utter hypocrisy :banghead:

Z listers Linda Lusardi and Sam Kane were good enough to spare the time from their sick / death beds to tell us all that they were very very ill. I've never been very very ill before but I somehow doubt that I would feel like sharing my news with the world if I were in fact very very ill. I harbour no ill will against these celebrity types but I have to confess that anything that shuts Piers Morgan up for a fortnight or longer would be very welcome.

The media are just a bunch of dicks. Why Boris didn't somehow restrict their movement and numbers is beyond me. In what way are they as an entire industry key workers. Oh wait, he's an attention seeking political whore and they criticise him for a living :rubchin: As we all know supply chains take time to adjust to bigger orders as it effects every business in the chain and they all have to gear up to the change but that's easily overlooked when you're a media hack sticking the boot in to score easy points.

The other thing that pisses me off with the media is that I haven't seen one of them put corona deaths into any kind of context. In the UK about 1600 people die EVERY day just through normal wear and tear - that's just a fact of life. Of course there are really sad cases where kids go young but we experience 1600 deaths a day which we can cope with because they aren't all in need of IC and ventillators. So if a terminally sick patient with their very last dying breath contracts Corona then it is recorded as a Corona death which is bs. I'm not trying to make light of this but I would really like some form of context rather than just a pointless Sky news death count.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

So “little britain” and some other show have been removed from britbox and netflix, because they contain “ethnic minority’ characters!!
Sweet Jesus, where will this “racism” witch hunt fucking end!
I hope this isn’t construed as racist, but as far as I can see, you can’t say anything about ethnic minorities without it being deemed as racist, with black people and Jews being particularly sensitive and easily outraged or upset!
Yet they can say whatever the fuck they like about whoever they like!
I will be contacting britbox and netflix, to demand that “goodness gracious me” is removed immediately, because it pokes fun at Ingerlish people!!
For fuck sake it’s a fucking joke :banghead:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

goonersid wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:18 pm
So “little britain” and some other show have been removed from britbox and netflix, because they contain “ethnic minority’ characters!!
Sweet Jesus, where will this “racism” witch hunt fucking end!
I hope this isn’t construed as racist, but as far as I can see, you can’t say anything about ethnic minorities without it being deemed as racist, with black people and Jews being particularly sensitive and easily outraged or upset!
Yet they can say whatever the fuck they like about whoever they like!
I will be contacting britbox and netflix, to demand that “goodness gracious me” is removed immediately, because it pokes fun at Ingerlish people!!
For fuck sake it’s a fucking joke :banghead:
Sid its ok to have a joke at British peoples expense there's no harm in that but a joke at anyone else's expense is quite blatantly racist, get with the program you dinosaur :wink:

Exactly the same as females on TV constantly denigrating men but God help you if you make a crack about women and kitchens you misogynist patriarchal barstewards......

Equality isnt about equality it's about getting your own back for what's gone before immaterial if those targeted were actually responsible

NickF

Post by NickF »

I see Gone with the Wind has now been banned. The fact that Hattie Mcdaniel won an oscar for her role, thus becoming the first "African American" to win one, is entirely lost.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Next they will be banning Song of the South and Birth of a Nation for no good reason......oh wait :twisted:

I see the Abraham Lincoln statue got vandalised last weekend......WTF is wrong with these people :banghead:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

NickF wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:27 pm
I see Gone with the Wind has now been banned. The fact that Hattie Mcdaniel won an oscar for her role, thus becoming the first "African American" to win one, is entirely lost.
Indeed, so will be the fact that she was made to sit apart at the presentation ceremony.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Red Snapper wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:37 pm
NickF wrote:
Indeed, so will be the fact that she was made to sit apart at the presentation ceremony.
Whilst being made to sit apart is abhorant by todays standards segregation laws stills existed across large parts of the US in 1939/40.

Historical context is a wonderful thing, so is the ability to disagree with historical issues whilst still being able to be put them in perspective. Until people can recognise the inherent wrongs in a historical situation but also recognise that the extant situation allowed for the different standards applied at the time then we will go round and round on the merry-go-round....

Time is supposed to heal all wounds but as long as people keeping picking and picking at them then there is no chance for the wrongs to be righted, every generation takes a step back into the same old hate rather than working together in moving forward. There is enough bad shit happening now to keep us going without raking over an unchangeable past.

Everyone on all sides needs to ask one simple question, who benefits from all this turmoil because it isn't the people it is supposedly being created to help :rubchin: Have all the protests brought one single person back to life, have they removed one person from slavery, have they even changed any entrenched attitudes, have they fuck...... What they have done is massively increase the chance of the Corona Virus spiking again everywhere the protests have taken place :banghead:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

As the woke society continue to change things to make them feel better about themselves , today we hear that having got rid of Garnett and Bunker some time ago they now are gunning for Basil and even Corporal Jones , . Just wait for Only Fools to come under fire and God knows what they will make of Allo Allo.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:51 am
Red Snapper wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:37 pm
NickF wrote:
Whilst being made to sit apart is abhorant by todays standards segregation laws stills existed across large parts of the US in 1939/40.

Historical context is a wonderful thing, so is the ability to disagree with historical issues whilst still being able to be put them in perspective. Until people can recognise the inherent wrongs in a historical situation but also recognise that the extant situation allowed for the different standards applied at the time then we will go round and round on the merry-go-round....

Time is supposed to heal all wounds but as long as people keeping picking and picking at them then there is no chance for the wrongs to be righted, every generation takes a step back into the same old hate rather than working together in moving forward. There is enough bad shit happening now to keep us going without raking over an unchangeable past.

Everyone on all sides needs to ask one simple question, who benefits from all this turmoil because it isn't the people it is supposedly being created to help :rubchin: Have all the protests brought one single person back to life, have they removed one person from slavery, have they even changed any entrenched attitudes, have they fuck...... What they have done is massively increase the chance of the Corona Virus spiking again everywhere the protests have taken place :banghead:
That is probably the most sensible paragraph ever posted on here.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Interesting tactics used by the police in London today, canaling those attempting to work their way to the churchill statue and trying to stop others from making their way there by closing off streets and preventing people making their way, also going in hard to force people out when the curfew was suddenly enforced, strangely different way of dealing with things than for the last two weekends worth of protest by BLM, I wonder why... :roll:

The idiots running the show, or not as the case may be, are going a good way to tell white British people you matter less and have less importance than the minorities, are they trying to start open conflict on the streets because if this carries on that is where it will escalate too :cussing:

Also noted the BBC couldn't wait to start throwing the 'extreme right wing' label around once more rather than considering some of it being people concerned with the way British history and Britishness in general is being treated right now.

People need to take their heads out their arses or there is going to be serious trouble soon :rubchin:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

So the Reading stabbings, aren’t terrorist related :roll: just the actions of a self motivated muslim extremist!
Yes lets not offend any minorities at such a sensitive time.
WHITE LIVES MATTER!!
I suppose that statement is “racist”

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Now confirmed as terrorist! Police should have shot the bastard!

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:12 pm
So the Reading stabbings, aren’t terrorist related :roll: just the actions of a self motivated muslim extremist!
WHITE LIVES MATTER!!
I couldn't agree more sid. Will everyone be out protesting and rioting for justice over this? Or is it only black lives that matter :roll:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

CloakedGooner wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:59 pm
goonersid wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:12 pm
WHITE LIVES MATTER!!
I couldn't agree more sid. Will everyone be out protesting and rioting for justice over this? Or is it only black lives that matter :roll:
Well, Burnley are and I quote “ashamed and embarrassed” by a “white lives matter” banner flown over the Etihad last night!
We might as well just hand government and all power over to ethnic minorities, since they seem to be all that matters !

Clash

Post by Clash »

For all those who are suddenly ashamed and embarrassed about the past are we allowed to mention that there were a very large number of black slave owners throughout history too? And are we also allowed to talk about the white children who were forced to work down the mines or sweep chimneys etc. ?

White privilege?