The 'Irish love a bandwagon' thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
BFG4

The 'Irish love a bandwagon' thread

Post by BFG4 »

After seeing the rugby today, we really are a country of bandwagon supporters. The pub i was in, was full of people, who couldn't tell you the rules of the game, the positions of any player, or knew fuck all else about it, other than Ireland were the best of a 6 team tournament(and one of those teams is Italy). I don't like rugby, but this whole bandwagon thing is cringey as fuck. This clip is us in a nutshell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miQm1lcsCSk

Bradywasking

Re: The 'Irish love a bandwagon' thread

Post by Bradywasking »

BFG4 wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:37 pm
After seeing the rugby today, we really are a country of bandwagon supporters. The pub i was in, was full of people, who couldn't tell you the rules of the game, the positions of any player, or knew fuck all else about it, other than Ireland were the best of a 6 team tournament(and one of those teams is Italy). I don't like rugby, but this whole bandwagon thing is cringey as fuck. This clip is us in a nutshell:

Being saying this for years....I have relatives, inlaws , neighbours , friends and work colleagues who today and for the last few weeks are rugby experts . It gets under my skin , I hate rugby and moreover hate being told I must like it because Ireland are doing well..

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:31 pm
BFG4 wrote:

Being saying this for years....I have relatives, inlaws , neighbours , friends and work colleagues who today and for the last few weeks are rugby experts . It gets under my skin , I hate rugby and moreover hate being told I must like it because Ireland are doing well..
I could have written both those posts.... only there'd be a lot more swearing in them... :lol:

All true though. 8)

My loathing of the nonsense that is slow motion homo-erotic wrestling (or "rugby") is only eclipsed by my loathing of bandwagon jumping arseholes.... and this country is fucking full of them. :censored:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

A number of years ago me and er indoors went to picturesque Avoca and went in to the pub where that silly popular Irish BBC series was filmed, can't remember the name?
The rugby was on Ireland England, what a small pub that was, you could not swing a cat, everyone glaring at the screen and you could tell 95% watching did not have a scooby as to what the game was about!
Feckin tourists!, including me... :box: :mrgreen:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

I was working Saturday ( St Patrick's Day) when that thing was on TV..Left for home at 4 30pm and saw dozens of overweight Americans celebrating Team Ireland beating England....fucking gobshites...
When the Ireland football team are in European Championships or World Cups it's the same..but now Rugby is the chosen game of the people and you hear comments like " would love to see one of them soccer lads taking one of them hits"...to which his friend will reply "probably kill him or ruin his hairstyle " to loud guffaws in the pub...
It's a load of hypocrisy, I hate bandwagonism and it is rife in Irish sport and among the Irish public..

augie

Post by augie »

BFG4 wrote:

I dont like rugby either (mainly cos a school mate of mine was left paralysed from the game, but also I hate snobs and that sport is full of the b**tards :evil: :censored: ), but I suppose on some national level I do like to see teams, bands (even u2 :roll: ) etc do well. That being said, I too truly despise the w**kers who stand up and try and spout shite about the game to me even though they know the square root of fcuk all about the game :roll: I have a sister in law who has for the last 3 years or so been going out with a guy who is a season ticket holder for connaught rugby club, and she tries to spout shite about it to me and refers to their players on a first name basis like she is great pals with them - she is wasting her time tbf cos I tell her in no uncertain terms that she knew fcuk all about the game until 3 years ago so she neednt try to pretend that she is so knowledgable with me :roll: :oops: :oops: :evil:
The amount of c.unts in Ireland rugby jersies around here last weekend was truly embarrassing :oops: :oops: :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:08 pm
I was working Saturday ( St Patrick's Day) when that thing was on TV..Left for home at 4 30pm and saw dozens of overweight Americans celebrating Team Ireland beating England....fucking gobshites...
When the Ireland football team are in European Championships or World Cups it's the same..but now Rugby is the chosen game of the people and you hear comments like " would love to see one of them soccer lads taking one of them hits"...to which his friend will reply "probably kill him or ruin his hairstyle " to loud guffaws in the pub...
It's a load of hypocrisy, I hate bandwagonism and it is rife in Irish sport and among the Irish public..
That's my favourite myth about towel flicking - that it is supposedly played by real men. We disproved that first hand when we invited a couple of them to play a friendly with us and smashed the living fuck out of them at pace. Getting your neck broken by a fat bastard slowly rolling on top of you is not manly or brave or some kind of warrior's injury. These fat fucks should try taking a double compound tib and fib break after some cùnt has gone studs up over the ball into the standing leg.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

One of the Mousers in work is still wearing a golf shirt and complaining about screaming himself "raw" watching "our lads" beat the Americans. Now this dizzy cùnt does not play golf and has never expressed an interest in watching golf.

I just looked at him and thought you bandwagon jumping prick. :oops: :censored:

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:43 pm
One of the Mousers in work is still wearing a golf shirt and complaining about screaming himself "raw" watching "our lads" beat the Americans. Now this dizzy cùnt does not play golf and has never expressed an interest in watching golf.

What about England at the World Cup, no band wagoners there???

I was jumping around when WE beat the Yanks in the Ryder Cup.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

corkbarry wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:09 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:43 pm

What about England at the World Cup, no band wagoners there???

I was jumping around when WE beat the Yanks in the Ryder Cup.
I'm sure there were bandwagoners in England too.

Also though from previous posts and IIRC you like your golf Barry. So not the same thing at all. This mouser plank in work has zero interest apart from being a loud mouth in his local. When pressed the only two golfers he could name were Tiger Woods and yep you guessed it Rory fucking McIlroy.... :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

True story...I have witnessed first hand people in pubs in Dublin celebrating goals against Oierland on two separate occasions ..First time was in 1993 when Ireland were playing Northern Ireland in a World Cup Qualifier, Jimmy Quinn put Northern Ireland 1-0 up a a person jumped up and celebrated..The other time I was working in a pub on a private function for some corporate crowd for the Ireland v Mexico game in the 1994 World Cup..Mexico scored and this woman began cheering loudly...The reason this happened on both occasions was that the opposition were wearing green and the stupid bandwagoners didn't realise it.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:32 am
True story...I have witnessed first hand people in pubs in Dublin celebrating goals against Oierland on two separate occasions ..First time was in 1993 when Ireland were playing Northern Ireland in a World Cup Qualifier, Jimmy Quinn put Northern Ireland 1-0 up a a person jumped up and celebrated..The other time I was working in a pub on a private function for some corporate crowd for the Ireland v Mexico game in the 1994 World Cup..Mexico scored and this woman began cheering loudly...The reason this happened on both occasions was that the opposition were wearing green and the stupid bandwagoners didn't realise it.
:coffeespit: :lol:

Also true. That Mexico game in 94 - my future sister in law asked why all our lads were so "tanned" looking as the teams walked out. The dizzy bint wanted to know were they all at the sunbeds or was it "that hot out there?". In fairness to her though she wasn't a bandwagon jumper, just a gobshite.

I told my brother not to marry her but the silly fucker did. And to add insult to injury he made me his best man. Of course you can all guess one of the stories I told during my speech.... no not the one where he was snorting coke off a hooker's ass after the Arsenal v Barca game in '99.... :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Judging from the preponderance of homo-erotic melodrama-laden adverts showing fat retards being "heroic" I'm guessing that the tedious fucking snoozefest that is Gay Wrestle-o-rama 2018 (or 6 nations rugby as some of you closet jobs call it) is nearly upon us again? :roll: :yawn:

Cue pubs full of fucktards with their "rugger" jersey collars turned up, linking arms, lighting farts, yelling "drive engage!" and wishing they had the courage to just finally come out and admit hey live and let live they like the cock. :roll:

:D :wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:08 am
Judging from the preponderance of homo-erotic melodrama-laden adverts showing fat retards being "heroic" I'm guessing that the tedious fucking snoozefest that is Gay Wrestle-o-rama 2018 (or 6 nations rugby as some of you closet jobs call it) is nearly upon us again? :roll: :yawn:

Cue pubs full of fucktards with their "rugger" jersey collars turned up, linking arms, lighting farts, yelling "drive engage!" and wishing they had the courage to just finally come out and admit hey live and let live they like the cock. :roll:

:D :wink:
There is an advert (for Guinness I think) on Irish TV which features Munster beating the All Blacks in 1978...it's obvious the crowd scenes from that game on the ad are actually not from that game. The Autumn internationals are starting this weekend. Can't wait. :cry:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:rubchin:

:?

:idea:

:dance: