The 'Irish love a bandwagon' thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
DB10GOONER

Re: The 'Irish love a bandwagon' thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:04 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 11:00 am
The Green Party....Oierland's newest bandwagon.. Yes we all nod our heads in unison about carbon emissions and global warming, and all agree something must be done..However as long as it doesn't affect my lifestyle or bank balance.
Hippy. :censored:
:lol: :wink:
So the Oirish Green bandwagon lasted about three weeks..The government panicked and hastily put together a "green initiative " turning up for it in a cringy hybrid bus suitable for photo opportunities..Anyway once the snowflake generation realised the green revolution was going to cost them a lot more than they realised they hit the airwaves yesterday to criticise the plan...
:lol:

All so typical of this government and the snowflakes.... :roll: :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Ole ole ole...we are a nation of golf lovers..you'll never beat the Irish...

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:32 pm

The usual wànkers in work that LOVE the towel flicking (when the 6 nations is on) and LOVE manure / mousers (if they're in a final) and LOVE NFL (in the week building up to the Superbowl) the type of cùnts that call football "soccer" etc etc now all LOVE golf. They fucking LOVE it. A game not one of them has spoken about once ever in the past. One of the less intelligent ones even suggested we have a national holiday named in the guy's honour ffs. :oops: :roll:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:44 am
Bradywasking wrote:

The usual wànkers in work that LOVE the towel flicking (when the 6 nations is on) and LOVE manure / mousers (if they're in a final) and LOVE NFL (in the week building up to the Superbowl) the type of cùnts that call football "soccer" etc etc now all LOVE golf. They fucking LOVE it. A game not one of them has spoken about once ever in the past. One of the less intelligent ones even suggested we have a national holiday named in the guy's honour ffs. :oops: :roll:
I like national holidays...Winning the Open was a grrat achievement and I'm not belittling that but it's the usual hysteria that follows success , perceived or tangible, by Oirish sports people or teams that gets me.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:14 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:44 am
Bradywasking wrote:

I like national holidays...Winning the Open was a grrat achievement and I'm not belittling that but it's the usual hysteria that follows success , perceived or tangible, by Oirish sports people or teams that gets me.
Yep me too. It's like a national pastime.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

And we're off...Collars up , lets answer Oierland's call..

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:16 am
And we're off...Collars up , lets answer Oierland's call..
And now the WhatsApp in work is going with the "real man's game" line.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

In my barbers Saturday morning the two barbers were having a right go at each other. One is a football fan the other a towel flicking closet job - or "rugby fan" as they are sometimes called.

Best line? Footy fan said "just be careful when you are lighting each others farts. Oh and fingering each others holes". :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:22 am
In my barbers Saturday morning the two barbers were having a right go at each other. One is a football fan the other a towel flicking closet job - or "rugby fan" as they are sometimes called.

Best line? Footy fan said "just be careful when you are lighting each others farts. Oh and fingering each others holes". :lol:
Two neighbours discussing Rugby World Cup. First one said " rugby starts today" ..then followed a lot of talk between the two about it..second neighbour then asked " how is our group looking?"...Fucking thing hadn't started at that time.. By the way both are Man U "fans" ..One told me , years back, that " yer man Barbietop " scored for Man U. Turned out it was Berbatov.(sp?)..The other asked me one day " is this some sort of cup game?" , that was after I had to tell him Man U were playing Fulham.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:50 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

Two neighbours discussing Rugby World Cup. First one said " rugby starts today" ..then followed a lot of talk between the two about it..second neighbour then asked " how is our group looking?"...Fucking thing hadn't started at that time.. By the way both are Man U "fans" ..One told me , years back, that " yer man Barbietop " scored for Man U. Turned out it was Berbatov.(sp?)..The other asked me one day " is this some sort of cup game?" , that was after I had to tell him Man U were playing Fulham.
Typical plastics just want to be involved in any old shit if it's on the telly or social media. Arseholes. :censored:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:00 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:50 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

Typical plastics just want to be involved in any old shit if it's on the telly or social media. Arseholes. :censored:
To be honest they are two decent blokes and are good neighbours and good in the community. But their attitude towards sport is one of pure bandwagonism. Boils my piss to see it.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Arrived into work on Saturday morning..TV on in the canteen for Oierland v Japan , I got a bit of slagging because I dont hide my hatred of rugby and don't buy into the whole you have to support them because they are Oierland thing.
A lot of shouts at the TV and players being called by their first name and Oierland were winning.
TV turned off and off to work we go with lads dreaming of games v South Africa to come in the quarter finals.
Word gets out that "we" lost and we suddenly becomes "they."
Break time and one man declares that he "hates rugby and those lads only play it because they are not capable of playing a real sport "
Saturday morning in Dublin..wheels off the bandwagon.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:28 am
Arrived into work on Saturday morning..TV on in the canteen for Oierland v Japan , I got a bit of slagging because I dont hide my hatred of rugby and don't buy into the whole you have to support them because they are Oierland thing.
A lot of shouts at the TV and players being called by their first name and Oierland were winning.
TV turned off and off to work we go with lads dreaming of games v South Africa to come in the quarter finals.
Word gets out that "we" lost and we suddenly becomes "they."
Break time and one man declares that he "hates rugby and those lads only play it because they are not capable of playing a real sport "
Saturday morning in Dublin..wheels off the bandwagon.

Sorry to report that your two lads will be back on it come Thursday morning when you beat the Russians. Oireland might not finish top as expected but will still be runners up in the group (at least) so plenty more 'bandwagoning' to follow :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'm actively cheering on every cùnt except Oireland's southside closet jobs. :D

By "actively" I do of course mean "not watching any of this tedious fat homoball rubbish". 8)

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

A video has appeared on the internet of Oirish Rugger fans singing (and standing up) "stand up for the Japanese " after Saturday's game.. It was a sporting tribute to their valiant conquerors....Can't see it catching on in Ibrox..or Croke Park or anywhere the sport is more important than the occasion.