The 'Irish love a bandwagon' thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Bradywasking

Re: The 'Irish love a bandwagon' thread

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:24 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:05 am
Can I have a moment's reflection please for my Oirish brethren, within one week Oireland were humiliated in the Rugger, Celtic are out of Europe and "we" were beaten at Watford..Not a good week but we will rise again,
Is there a hockey World Cup on anywhere ?
Swing low Sweet Bandwagon.
:lol:

I have a meeting today in my old office. The office with the two faux die hard mouser/celtic fans. Can't wait. :D
Funny how being Invincible is no longer important to the plastic Victims. Just like the League Cup is not important until they win it.
Next time one of them.asks about Arsenal winning the Champions League just say "We lost it once, but no one died"..

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:10 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:24 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:05 am
Can I have a moment's reflection please for my Oirish brethren, within one week Oireland were humiliated in the Rugger, Celtic are out of Europe and "we" were beaten at Watford..Not a good week but we will rise again,
Is there a hockey World Cup on anywhere ?
Swing low Sweet Bandwagon.

I have a meeting today in my old office. The office with the two faux die hard mouser/celtic fans. Can't wait. :D
Funny how being Invincible is no longer important to the plastic Victims. Just like the League Cup is not important until they win it.
Next time one of them.asks about Arsenal winning the Champions League just say "We lost it once, but no one died"..

I heard something similar years ago during a heated slagging in my local when we were celebrating the 02 Double. A mouser said "you've never won the European cup though so you are nothing" and my mate responded with "yeah but we've never murdered 39 Italians either". :wink:

The two dicktards were true to form of course. Yep apparently it's "not important". At that point one of their colleagues disputed that by claiming it had seemed very important to them every single day for the last few months..... :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Have the Irish jumped on the Victim bandwagon yet? :banghead:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:27 pm
Oh yes, we ,us, are the common phrases, on my way out of Dublin City centre as we speak, I see cars with " Liverpool Champions " flags on them.. Liverpool supporters in Ireland bleat about some special connection between Ireland and the city of Liverpool . It is unbearable with the :censored: now.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:50 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Oh yes, we ,us, are the common phrases, on my way out of Dublin City centre as we speak, I see cars with " Liverpool Champions " flags on them.. Liverpool supporters in Ireland bleat about some special connection between Ireland and the city of Liverpool . It is unbearable with the :censored: now.
I think its more or less based on Liverpool being the closest city to Dublin with an equally dense population of scrotes and scally's. Just a personal preference mind you but id listen to a knacker Dublin accent any day over the ear piercing squawk of your average bin dipper.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
You have no idea mate.

There's a shameless cùnt who worked on my team years ago and was a very loud manure fan. Lo and fucking behold the morning after the mousers* won* the poxy league* the cùnt has some photos of himself on social media in a mouser* jersey with "we finally did it". I was genuinely gobsmacked that anyone could be THAT openly cunty tbh.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:05 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
You have no idea mate.

There's a shameless cùnt who worked on my team years ago and was a very loud manure fan. Lo and fucking behold the morning after the mousers* won* the poxy league* the cùnt has some photos of himself on social media in a mouser* jersey with "we finally did it". I was genuinely gobsmacked that anyone could be THAT openly cunty tbh.
Is he related to mike dean? :D

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Damn and I was semi-joking when I asked :roll: :wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:35 am
Damn and I was semi-joking when I asked :roll: :wink:
I get that, but try living with it.. :D ...I could understand a genuine Liverpool fan celebrating their title win, I would hate it , but I could understand and even accept it. But the genuine Liverpool fans are few and far between as far as I can see. They are getting under the skin of decent people.

chirpy999

Post by chirpy999 »

Is it time to resurrect this thread with the win over South Africa , come on those over the Irish Sea there must be something to tell us.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

chirpy999 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:31 am
Is it time to resurrect this thread with the win over South Africa , come on those over the Irish Sea there must be something to tell us.
What win? Interlull? Not the women's joke of a game, surely? :oops:

chirpy999

Post by chirpy999 »

The 13-8 victory in Rugby world cup , you guys are favourites, must have brought a few plastics out.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

chirpy999 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:49 pm
The 13-8 victory in Rugby world cup , you guys are favourites, must have brought a few plastics out.
Oh right it probably did. I avoid watching that nonsense of a "sport" at all costs so not sure how many arseholes would be out watching it nowadays but historically a lot of Oirish people will jump on any stupid bandwagon going, buy the jersey/hat/flag etc and pronounce themselves die hard lifelong fans when it's most likely the first time they've watched whatever it is, be it football, golf, towel flicking etc.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

chirpy999 wrote:
Most peoples avoidance of Rugby in ireland is based on its fans rather than the sport itself, i mean the sport is ok i guess.....but its fans in Dublin anyway are the most obnoxious bunch of braying loike a donkey arseholes your ever likely to encounter. the shouldnt irelands call be our national anthem types.....insufferable.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xgtdec wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:14 am
chirpy999 wrote:
Most peoples avoidance of Rugby in ireland is based on its fans rather than the sport itself, i mean the sport is ok i guess.....but its fans in Dublin anyway are the most obnoxious bunch of braying loike a donkey arseholes your ever likely to encounter. the shouldnt irelands call be our national anthem types.....insufferable.
Very true. Vast majority of Oirish towel flicking fans are complete fuckheads. :roll: