Dublin Trip

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
storrmin571

Dublin Trip

Post by storrmin571 »

Rev, CorkBarry, DB10 and anyone else - need a tidy place to stay in Dublin next June. Any recommendations, no brothels, crack houses or general shitholes please.

Red Snapper

Re: Dublin Trip

Post by Red Snapper »

storrmin571 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:05 pm
Rev, CorkBarry, DB10 and anyone else - need a tidy place to stay in Dublin next June. Any recommendations, no brothels, crack houses or general shitholes please.
Looks like you ruled out Dublin entirely then. :wink:

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

You are asking me about Dublin. Does my name give you a clue to where i live????
The only time i will ever go to Dublin is to collect my 50 Million Euro jackpot and i will bring my own security team with me :D

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

I extend a cordial invitation to you to join us out here in Tallaght..8km from the city centre , many sights and attractions close at hand...You would love it.. :D

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

corkbarry wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:22 pm
You are asking me about Dublin. Does my name give you a clue to where i live????
The only time i will ever go to Dublin is to collect my 50 Million Euro jackpot and i will bring my own security team with me :D
Had to ask someone sensible and thought perhaps you may know someone.

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:32 am
I extend a cordial invitation to you to join us out here in Tallaght..8km from the city centre , many sights and attractions close at hand...You would love it.. :D
Do I doubt a fellow Gooner after all the helpful responses we gave on the my girlfriends going away on holiday thread

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

storrmin571 wrote:
Storming have a look on Airbnb it is a cracking site where you can find accommodation that suits your taste / need
I used it for the first time recently and would pick this over a hotel all the time.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/s/Dublin--Irel ... g=hyg0D_e4

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

storrmin571 wrote:
If you are staying in the city centre and can afford it stay south of the river - dearer but nicer restaurants cafes and less chance of getting stabbed by a junkie. :wink:

The Shelbourne and the Westbury on the south side near stephens green are nice. North of the river the Gresham and the Morrison are both nice.

Be careful booking Airbnb as they have a couple of places in Abbey Street and you do not want to stay there as the entire street is fucked with junkies, homeless muggers, and pickpockets.

Enjoy your stay. Don't get captured. :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:29 am
storrmin571 wrote:
If you are staying in the city centre and can afford it stay south of the river - dearer but nicer restaurants cafes and less chance of getting stabbed by a junkie. :wink:

The Shelbourne and the Westbury on the south side near stephens green are nice. North of the river the Gresham and the Morrison are both nice.

Be careful booking Airbnb as they have a couple of places in Abbey Street and you do not want to stay there as the entire street is fucked with junkies, homeless muggers, and pickpockets.

If you are a pretentious arsehole then The Shelbourne Hotel is the place for you :wink: There are so many up their own arses fools staying in that place, then I would never stay there again.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:45 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:29 am
storrmin571 wrote:

If you are a pretentious arsehole then The Shelbourne Hotel is the place for you :wink: There are so many up their own arses fools staying in that place, then I would never stay there again.
Fucks sake augie.... just because they had shoes on their feet..... you culchies are weird fuckers.

:-P :wink:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

sometimes the university colllege dublin has appartments to rent that are cheap and its in a decent location.

I stayed there once. I went over on the boat it was full of drunk Irish guys because of some Irish sports game I don't understand but they were a good laugh.

and some hotel bar had an arsenal fanbase there to watch game . my memory of it all was a bit sketchy, the guys on the boat told me about the arsenal pub.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:00 pm
sometimes the university colllege dublin has appartments to rent that are cheap and its in a decent location.

I stayed there once. I went over on the boat it was full of drunk Irish guys because of some Irish sports game I don't understand but they were a good laugh.

and some hotel bar had an arsenal fanbase there to watch game . my memory of it all was a bit sketchy, the guys on the boat told me about the arsenal pub.
That group is DASC. They move around a bit pubwise. Used to be based in Kate's Cottage in Amiens Street and one of the boozers down on the river, not sure where they meet now. Not my cup of tea as they have quite a few superfans in their midst.

Once watched a game with them back in the 90s and everyone was in jerseys fair enough but their chairman had on a pair of grey slacks and a fucking home made Arsenal blazer and made a speech before the game ffs. Complete superfan arsehole. :oops: :roll:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Yeah I think that was them they did some sort of collection or raffle as well.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:32 am
Sounds good to me, what about the talent? And no moustaches either, feck Movember.. :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

storrmin571 wrote:
Should I be worried that storrmin571 hasn't posted since June 2019 - the very time he was due to visit Dublin. Shit did he get captured? :shock:

:wink:

Hope all is well mate.