Womans "Football" WTF (NSFW)

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
DB10GOONER

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:00 pm
Clash wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:29 pm
I see the women’s football community are wringing their knickers over the attendance today. Almost 40,000, a record for a women’s domestic game.

I’m hearing word like progress, exciting times, start of something big etc.

All very well ... but then consider there was virtually no other football this weekend ... and the go and look at the ticket prices:

£6.50 for adults
£3.50 for children and over 65s
£15 for a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children)

When was the last time our prices were so low? The mid 80s? Admittedly it is a good crowd considering many of us still wouldn’t go if we they paid us to but it’s so obvious the women’s is being heavily subsidised. And it doesn’t take a genius to work out from where.

Anything that can be manilpulated to show it in a favourable light and promote it is being used. Quote the attendances but don’t mention how cheap the tickets were.

And I bet at the end of the season we are not told exactly how much money it cost to run the WSL against how much it generated because then it won’t look as successful or popular as we are meant to think it is.

Here you go sir......losses losses and more losses (but then we knew that anyway). If they were a real business they would have gone into liquidation years ago but they get to prop their game up on the back of the men's game so we underwrite and carry their losses. Piece of shite.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... profitable

The numbers involved are quite something and while the media and football have gone 'all in' in the hope that there is money to be made, it would appear that they are pissing in the wind on that one. It would take a brave club to chuck it in though. Could you imagine the howls of outrage. We are going to be stuck with this shite for years now just limping along like a worthless incontinent old cripple who nobody has the balls to put out of their misery.
As I say to the few women "fans" of women's football and the couple of pc tosser blokes that mouth off in work, the women players can have equal pay when they can generate equal income. Otherwise they can fuck off. :censored:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

What a predicament a load of old geysers with the sex change operation earning big in womens football .....and everyone too scared to say anything .....you got to laugh :D :D :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:18 pm
What a predicament a load of old geysers with the sex change operation earning big in womens football .....and everyone too scared to say anything .....you got to laugh :D :D :D
Have you seen the standard?!! My 5 a side crew could all get tit jobs done and fucking dominate that league for the next 20 years ffs. :oops: :lol:

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:22 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Have you seen the standard?!! My 5 a side crew could all get tit jobs done and fucking dominate that league for the next 20 years ffs. :oops: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
:lol:

Good to see that you've given it some thought. I say fu.ck it just do it - what have you got to lose :rubchin: What are you going to call yourselves :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:39 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

Good to see that you've given it some thought. I say fu.ck it just do it - what have you got to lose :rubchin: What are you going to call yourselves :lol:
The Dublin Vadgetastics.

More than "some thought" my friend. :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

In reality they'll probably have to maim a couple of us so we don't win every game 52 nil. :lol:

Although we'll probably handicap ourselves by standing around the pitch playing with our new tits whilst wànking furiously. :D :wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Mods we need a separate womans football thread I started one on cannonball but maybe it needs to be moved over.

If womans football makes money then pay them but it's a long way off.
But 40000 even at 3 quid a person still makes money when you add in the f+b as I'm sure they didn't have as many stewards on duty.

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Herd wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:13 pm
Mods we need a separate womans football thread I started one on cannonball but maybe it needs to be moved over.

But 40000 even at 3 quid a person still makes money when you add in the f+b as I'm sure they didn't have as many stewards on duty.

Maybe not so far off Herd.

"Football Federation Australia and Professional Footballers Australia have detailed a landmark Collective Bargaining Agreement that closes the pay gap between Australia's national teams, the Socceroos and Matildas.

The new four-year CBA ensures the Socceroos and Matildas receive a 24 per cent share of an agreed aggregate of national team generated revenues in 2019-20, rising by one per cent each year.

The new agreement reflects football's determination to address issues of gender equality in all facets of the game.

Significantly for the Matildas, a new three-tiered centralised contract system will see Australia's premier women's footballers provided with increased annual salary from around $66,000 to $100,000 - the same amount as the top Socceroos."

there's more: https://www.sbs.com.au/news/landmark-ma ... ced-by-ffa

:roll: :roll:

DB10GOONER

Re: Womans Football WTF

Post by DB10GOONER »

At Herd's suggestion I've moved this back up from the basement.

If I get a chance I'll move the women's football related posts from other threads in here.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:51 am

If I get a chance I'll move the women's football related posts from other threads in here.
Right I think that's them all moved in.

Just want to take this opportunity to add that women's football is utter fucking shit.

Thank you.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:11 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:51 am

Right I think that's them all moved in.

Just want to take this opportunity to add that women's football is utter fucking shit.

Thank you.
can you move it back to the basement where it belongs then ? :D
it is getting too much oxygen up here :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Herd wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:13 pm

This is true but they are still making the £3 a time off the back of an asset that isn't theirs - i.e the stadium. I some how don't think they are paying to rent out the Emirates or the toilet bowl or which ever ground they are using.

I wonder if we are letting the Killers play at the bowl for free next June :rubchin:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:45 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

The Dublin Vadgetastics.

I'll keep an eye out for your results :lol:

The Dublin Vadgetarians :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:41 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:45 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

The Dublin Vadgetastics.

I'll keep an eye out for your results :lol:

The Dublin Vadgetarians :rubchin:
We were toying with a more "optical" name like "Clint FC" but in all caps thusly:

CLINT FC

Nominally a tribute to Clint Eastwood but also a social commentary art instalation piece that the hipster snowflake arsemonkeys can get behind and that the rest of us can have a good old childish giggle about. :D