Cricket stuff....

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Re: Cricket World Cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Just bought some as well. Shame no day 3 and 4 left but seen a LOT of cricket this summer and a possible dead rubber in September wasn't high on my list of priorities when I was planning my summer of cricket so decided against that one in favour of other matches. Regret it now though but hope I see something special on day 5 at the Oval

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Hope you get to see more than a few overs.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

just bought a couple of tickets as well - certainly cheaper than the £150 ticket i got for Lords, so it was a no brainer.

absolutely fantastic weekend of proper Test match cricket.
to be honest once the Liverpool 3rd goal had gone in on Saturday I was fully focused back on the cricket.

It was a bit annoying (and a bit of a shame really) that in the pub I was in for that match, all 8 screens were showing the football only.
the problem cricket has got is that the younger generation no longer have the attention span to watch it

John F

Post by John F »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:45 pm
just bought a couple of tickets as well - certainly cheaper than the £150 ticket i got for Lords, so it was a no brainer.

to be honest once the Liverpool 3rd goal had gone in on Saturday I was fully focused back on the cricket.

It was a bit annoying (and a bit of a shame really) that in the pub I was in for that match, all 8 screens were showing the football only.
the problem cricket has got is that the younger generation no longer have the attention span to watch it
Selling its soul to Sky may also be a reason .
How I got into cricket was by watching the 1981 Ashes on the BBC at the late age of 18.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

John F wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:39 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:45 pm

Selling its soul to Sky may also be a reason .
How I got into cricket was by watching the 1981 Ashes on the BBC at the late age of 18.
For me the best cricket to watch as a spectator is a one day international with 50 overs a side. The World Cup just gone had loads of great games and that final of course.

Ive been to a few test matches but really prefer to be there for the conclusion. It wouldnt surprise me if there is rain at the oval in a few weeks. Then day 5 comes into play, for £25 the opportunity to see the presentation of the ashes is too good to miss even if there is only one session of play. England have the momentum now, so they need to address their upper order and hopefully have Jimmy back to help share the bowling load. Archer is key, the Aussies hate facing him when hes fired up.

nut flush gooner

Double double double, Ben Stokes has won the double.

Amazing scenes at MCG this morning, once again Ben “Roy of the Rovers” Stokes has done the business again and we are the only country to ever be world T20 and 50 over World Champions.

nut flush gooner

Cricket World Cup Winners - Stokes Take a bow again

I know this probably should be on another thread, but the cricketing thread is lost within the bowels of the forum.

Another nerve-jangling but exhilarating performance from England and Stokes this morning. Campioneees.

What does Stokes have to do to get a knighthood?

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Re: Cricket World Cup Winners - Stokes Take a bow again

Post by OneBardGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:47 pm
I know this probably should be on another thread, but the cricketing thread is lost within the bowels of the forum.

Another nerve-jangling but exhilarating performance from England and Stokes this morning. Campioneees.

What does Stokes have to do to get a knighthood?

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Dig up Lady Diana's Rotting Corpse and go down on it till he Vomits, and then and only then maybe. :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Will let the cricket lovers see this for a day or two then gonna pop it into the Basement as its not even vaguely Arsenal or football related.... :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fuck this, Nutty. How many cricket threads do you need ffs mate??!! You've got another one going in the basement! :lol: :wink:

I'm gonna merge this one into that one (oo-er missus!). :wink:

DB10GOONER

Re: Cricket stuff....

Post by DB10GOONER »

Come on you Aussies! :barscarf: :barscarf:

John F

Re: England Bat Again...SHOCK!!!!

Post by John F »

Way hey found it :barscarf: :barscarf: Just as Stokes took a wicket.

John F

Post by John F »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:34 am
Come on you Aussies! :barscarf: :barscarf:
Bollocks! :oops: Sorry mate I just got the other Cricket thread going that I found in the deep dark depths of this site.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Didn't know this existed , we're in a bit of trouble now

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Merging.... merging.... merging.... :moderator:

:D :wink: