Cricket stuff....

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
mrgnu1958

England Bat Again...SHOCK!!!!

Post by mrgnu1958 »

Why didnt England let the Aussies follow on?????????
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

MADNESS!!!

thewilsonboy

Post by thewilsonboy »

Yeh i was thinking the same thing!

Our bowlers were class in the 1st innings. If we lose this...

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

It's because the conditions at the moment favour batting, Lords has a record of producing draws even after teams have followed on and there's a big hope that the pitch will deteriorate over the next day or so leaving us with a decent/good chance of bowling them out to win.

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

but surely you play whats in front of you..If we got 2 early-ish wickets,wed slaughter em. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
AND its due to rain a bit tommorow and monday.

Sutch

Post by Sutch »

Cricket fails :banghead:

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

look im not a great lover of watching it,but theres sod all else on right now.
Gimme Babestation any day..But they aint on till 9pm. :-P

Sutch

Post by Sutch »

I know what you mean ****, Paul Raymond TV in the day usually has an awesome bird on there :wink:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:It's because the conditions at the moment favour batting, Lords has a record of producing draws even after teams have followed on and there's a big hope that the pitch will deteriorate over the next day or so leaving us with a decent/good chance of bowling them out to win.
Problem is, when do England now declare??

You want to leave enough time to bowl the Aussies out, yet post a score that they can't possibly reach...

It's a tactic I don't like, as there's too many unknown's and variables... with the lead we've got I would rather bowl 'em out again and then chase the needed score in the day (or 2) remaining.

That way, you're always in charge of the game.

Then again, I'm not England captain, and they obviously feel it's a good day for batting... so fair enough. Now beat the Aussies! 8)

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

whoops...butterfingers ponting...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

the only thing more embarrasing than australia's mishaps, england's shit batting....is the, what sounds like, five-year olds in the crowd singing "who are ya? who are ya?" :oops: :oops: :lol:

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

g88ner wrote: Problem is, when do England now declare??

You want to leave enough time to bowl the Aussies out, yet post a score that they can't possibly reach...

It's a tactic I don't like, as there's too many unknown's and variables... with the lead we've got I would rather bowl 'em out again and then chase the needed score in the day (or 2) remaining.

That way, you're always in charge of the game.

Then again, I'm not England captain, and they obviously feel it's a good day for batting... so fair enough. Now beat the Aussies! 8)
I agree. I see why he went back in -the conditions, perhaps Flintoff not quite right, bat Australia out of the game....but it's this last one that worries me and as you say g88ner, if England have the luxury to declare then when?

It's important to think of the pyschological effect on Australia of following-on . By batting again, it looks a litle defensive to me (batting aus out of the game). As it is, England may find themselves with a lead in the 400's - then it could come down to time/weather.

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

Declare at 551 ahead you watch

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

I guess they will declare tonight...have to see if the weather holds up. If there's cloud cover then great for England.

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

Galasso wrote:I guess they will declare tonight...have to see if the weather holds up. If there's cloud cover then great for England.
They will bat tomorrow morning i am certain...551 is the next magic number...now that Collinwood is out there is no need to see if he can get his ton. However, with Freddie on 30 i think Strauss will give him 30 mins to get that final half century. England will bat tomorrow morning....im certain

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I agreed with batting again the team batting 4th will struggle and the Aussies are a good batting team even after their bad 1st innings. we need all the help from the pitch as possible so making them bat 4th is a good idea IMO