Cricket stuff....

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
John F

Re: Cricket World Cup

Post by John F »

Cheers Wison I have been looking forward to this tournament .England may be favourites but West Indies look like they mean business .

John F

Post by John F »

One team clear favourite s to win allows complacency and over confidence to creep in and loses against a team on a long losing streak .Sounds familiar :banghead:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I used to enjoy cricket but this world cup is just a joke.

1. you need to have SKY to watch any matches and so the tournament is not really on the radar for many people which is a shame since we are hosting it
2. the format is incredibly slow and boring - 6 weeks with everyone playing each other, one match a day, and just 10 teams taking part.
Three knock out games in the whole world cup !! :lol:
3. all matches are pretty much done by 6pm so anyone at work doesnt see the games even if they have SKY
4. most of the England games are during the week so even less chance to see them
5. the final is scheduled to take place against the Wimbledon final which is on free to air TV

CRICKET RIP

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:08 am

1. you need to have SKY to watch any matches and so the tournament is not really on the radar for many people which is a shame since we are hosting it
2. the format is incredibly slow and boring - 6 weeks with everyone playing each other, one match a day, and just 10 teams taking part.
3. all matches are pretty much done by 6pm so anyone at work doesnt see the games even if they have SKY
4. most of the England games are during the week so even less chance to see them
5. the final is scheduled to take place against the Wimbledon final which is on free to air TV

CRICKET RIP
I agree with all of your post Rob. Who'd have thought it?!

John F

Post by John F »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:08 am

CRICKET RIP
[/quot
Good post ,I am lucky in that I work for myself and I can listen to the excellent Tms on Radio 5 extra all day when England are playing but I agree the format is too long and what is with the stupid music that can be heard at some grounds when someone hits a four.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

That's us fucked then. Losing to the worst Sri Lankan side in years chasing just 230. Bottling *word censored*. Just India Australia and NZ to play now :shock:

John F

Post by John F »

John F wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:24 pm
One team clear favourite s to win allows complacency and over confidence to creep in and loses against a team on a long losing streak .Sounds familiar :banghead:
Couldn't be arsed to write it again.

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:20 am
As an Aussie, the World Cup is our bread and butter. Won it 5 times with the next closest being India & the West Indies on 2. Won 3 of the past 4 tournaments as well.

This is England's best chance to win it. Its bigger than the Rugby World Cup. So if you cant win the football World Cup, then this is a good alternative
A a Pom living in Perth, WA.
I reckon that you will 'win' the WC, if Smith and Warner get to play THEIR game.
Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink.
:rubchin: :shock:
:barscarf: :D

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:33 pm
That's us fucked then. Losing to the worst Sri Lankan side in years chasing just 230. Bottling *word censored*. Just India Australia and NZ to play now :shock:
We'll beat Australia and NZ and possibly India too. At worst, we'll win 2 of those 3. NZ aren't all that, Australia have been leakin big scores against the better teams and India aren't the unstoppable team that the media wants people to belive they are. Plus, we're in England and English conditions.

Leyton Gooner

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Can only laugh now. Wouldn't mind if they hadn't spent so much time and resources "preparing" for this over the last four years at the expense of some embarrassing results in Test matches. Hope the embarrassments in Australia, India, the Caribbean, NZ, UAE (Pakistan) and at home to the likes of Pakistan and West Indies who notoriously don't travel well were worth it you clowns

Leyton Gooner

Post by Leyton Gooner »

At Edgbaston. Haven't been this nervous since Paris 06. Come the fuck on England :barscarf:

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

Arise Sir Eoin Morgan, another famous englishman from Ireland :D

The Aussies were sent home with their tails between their legs
IMHO we will hammer the All blacks in the final. :barscarf: :barscarf:

COYE

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

world cup final - now that's what it is all about!! :barscarf:

there was the media going into meltdown because the girls got to the last 4 of their kick about tournament :roll:
meanwhile the men were marching towards real sporting glory.

Pleased to see the final is back on channel 4 as well :cheers:

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

You should beat NZ but they are not mugs. Williamson and Guptill are dangerous with the bat and the pace of Henry, Southee and Boult can be lethal. Although I think Southee is still unfit.

Got to give credit to England though, this is their best ODI team in living memory. Bairtstow, Butler, Roy, Morgan Root - these 5 batsmen are lethal.

Unfortunately for us Aussies, beyond Warner, Finch and Smith, we lack world class batsmen. A bit like India who struggle if Kohli, Dhawan and Sharma dont make runs.

Thats what England have that no one else has at the moment. 5 high class batsmen. Thats the difference between a team with 3 and 5 high class batsmen, if you lose two cheaply your basically relying on player to make a high score. Smith did this but it wasnt enough. If either Warner or Finch didnt get out so cheaply we would have got at least 270 and could have put some pressure on England. But 223 isnt anywhere near enough.

Get Guptill and Williamson cheaply and the match is one.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

This has been absolutely fucking brilliant from England over the last few games. A World Cup Final at home, come on England. One big push now and we'll be World Champions.