MLS

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
abaum5

MLS

Post by abaum5 »

As a NYC Gooner, how do you all feel about the MLS?

I support NYCFC, but their matches are at a baseball stadium :oops:

DB10GOONER

Re: MLS

Post by DB10GOONER »

Not a fan really but I'll watch highlights like I will for most leagues. The fans seem very passionate and dedicated.

abaum5

Post by abaum5 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:47 pm
Not a fan really but I'll watch highlights like I will for most leagues. The fans seem very passionate and dedicated.
It's come a long way in recent years! Ozil to DC United in January?! I can't see him enjoying flying commercial which every team must do.

abaum5

Post by abaum5 »

Not to mention the playoff system is kind of silly.... As Zlatan describes

“I think the system is s---,” Ibrahimovic said. “That’s the way it is because you talk about mentality. For me, mentality is every day. The way you train is the way you play the game. The results in every game are important. But here, you come in seventh place, you make playoffs, you win. So how do you create that mentality to be on your toes 24 hours? It’s very difficult.”

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

abaum5 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:53 am
Not to mention the playoff system is kind of silly.... As Zlatan describes

“I think the system is s---,” Ibrahimovic said. “That’s the way it is because you talk about mentality. For me, mentality is every day. The way you train is the way you play the game. The results in every game are important. But here, you come in seventh place, you make playoffs, you win. So how do you create that mentality to be on your toes 24 hours? It’s very difficult.”
Yeah I have to agree with him the play off concept is ridiculous but then look at the supposed "champions" league - this year's final had two teams in it that haven't been champions in roughly 30 years and 60 years. Complete joke of a competition.