The Boring, BORING Interlull (NSFW)

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
corkbarry

Re: The Boring, BORING Interlull (NSFW)

Post by corkbarry »

Ye have no idea what boredom is until ye have watched Ireland playing, they can't put 1 pass together never mind 2.
It is hard to imagine bu they they made Xhaka look like messi tonight.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

corkbarry wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:58 pm
Ye have no idea what boredom is until ye have watched Ireland playing, they can't put 1 pass together never mind 2.
The performance was about as rubbish as the RTE Commentary...George Hamilton screeching that Connolly is onto it again, ten minutes after he was substituted. Then tried to excuse himself by saying the sub was in the same position as the player he subbed...As for Ronnie " the keepa saved the hedda" Whelan...He was like the grumpy parent on the sideline of a kids match on a Saturday morning.
Ireland were well beaten by an average team, the once excellent right back Coleman now sees his captain's role as one of being the mouthpiece of the team.Maybe successive weak managers at Everton haven't helped. The awful Glen Whelan at 35 years old is genuinely your best player in a vital game...says it all. Duffy and Egan do put the effort in and their bodies on the line. But there is a serious lack of quality in the side.. The ole ole brigade will crave qualification so we can spout cliches "no reason why Ireland can't do well in this tournament " etc. In reality we are better off away from it.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Is this shit over now then? For another couple of weeks anyway :banghead:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:23 pm
Herd wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:55 pm
Racists be racist, I didn't say banning will stop racism but fans would think twice before chanting
at football matches !
We are all racist in some ways
, even if we think we are not ,its part of tribalism ,we favour what we know and where were from, so we discriminate.
Whether its north v south london ,scousers Yorkshire dublin v culchies etc it happens,but it doesn't mean we are necessarily evil Nazis.
Throwing a few Zeig Heils and chanting a few monkey noises makes you a more a childish fool than hardened stormtrooper. I just think there are more evils out there that are real and far more menacing. I also think that singing we can see you holding hands @Brighton isnt homophobic ,its funny.
Thats an honest balanced post IMO
Sorry Herd, once again I feel the need to vehemently disagree with you. You say you didn't watch the game so how are you in a position to comment on what happened?

Singing a song like "sign on", or "in your Liverpool slums" when we get similar back, is nothing compared to making Nazi salutes by hardcore fascists and the obligatory monkey chants that go with it.

As I said before this was all planned before the game, there is a firm called the Lauta Army, very similar to some of the Russians that turned up in France the other year. Their ideologies go beyond the football pitch they are overtly racist, but they see England with our Black players as a soft target. They don't give a shit if Bulgaria has to play games behind closed doors or are banned from international competitions. It's about getting that right-wing message to an international audience. They got the response they wanted.

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:44 am
corkbarry wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:58 pm
The performance was about as rubbish as the RTE Commentary...George Hamilton screeching that Connolly is onto it again, ten minutes after he was substituted. Then tried to excuse himself by saying the sub was in the same position as the player he subbed...As for Ronnie " the keepa saved the hedda" Whelan...He was like the grumpy parent on the sideline of a kids match on a Saturday morning.
Ireland were well beaten by an average team, the once excellent right back Coleman now sees his captain's role as one of being the mouthpiece of the team.Maybe successive weak managers at Everton haven't helped. The awful Glen Whelan at 35 years old is genuinely your best player in a vital game...says it all. Duffy and Egan do put the effort in and their bodies on the line. But there is a serious lack of quality in the side.. The ole ole brigade will crave qualification so we can spout cliches "no reason why Ireland can't do well in this tournament " etc. In reality we are better off away from it.

He called john egan seamus coleman twice in the opening 15 minutes :roll: :oops: :oops:

Ireland's team is what it is ........ no better than average :roll: There is jeff hendrick there who calling him useless wouldnt even begin to sum up how shit he really is :evil: People understandably focus on how much possession mclean loses, but it totally ignores the amount hendrick and callum robinson lose. We have been and continue to be totally devoid of a goalscorer - people slate shane long, but he is a million times better than collins and hogan combined.

I dont expect this team to be world beaters cos we simply dont have the quality - it pisses me off hugely when people criticise the performances as though we should expect despite having some real donkeys in the team. We have a lack of quality players which is summed up by looking at the clubs and the level these guys are playing at - yes we are entitled to see professional footballers be able to pass the ball to each other (and actually keep the ball on the pitch sometimes :roll: ), but going forward a dearth of talent will always end up crippling us

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:yawn:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:00 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:01 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Herd wrote:
Racists be racist, I didn't say banning will stop racism but fans would think twice before chanting
at football matches !
, even if we think we are not ,its part of tribalism ,we favour what we know and where were from, so we discriminate.
Whether its north v south london ,scousers Yorkshire dublin v culchies etc it happens,but it doesn't mean we are necessarily evil Nazis.
Throwing a few Zeig Heils and chanting a few monkey noises makes you a more a childish fool than hardened stormtrooper. I just think there are more evils out there that are real and far more menacing. I also think that singing we can see you holding hands @Brighton isnt homophobic ,its funny.
Does that mean that 90 mins of "Elton John is a homosexual" at Watford back in the day was more a statement of fact than homophobic tendencies.

:shock:

I didn't know Elton John was a Racist!? Surely Not!!! :shock:

Wow, so you're saying that all homosexuals are racists.....you learn something new on here every day :shock:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Herd wrote:
at football matches !
Does that mean that 90 mins of "Elton John is a homosexual" at Watford back in the day was more a statement of fact than homophobic tendencies.
I've been to Watford many times and never heard or at least remember Arsenal singing it there ,Chelsea sang it a lot but mostly the rent boys were just hoping to make Elton a client so they didn't have to sell their arses down Piccadilly !

Herd

Post by Herd »

Sorry Herd, once again I feel the need to vehemently disagree with you. You say you didn't watch the game so how are you in a position to comment on what happened?

Singing a song like "sign on", or "in your Liverpool slums" when we get similar back, is nothing compared to making Nazi salutes by hardcore fascists and the obligatory monkey chants that go with it.

As I said before this was all planned before the game, there is a firm called the Lauta Army, very similar to some of the Russians that turned up in France the other year. Their ideologies go beyond the football pitch they are overtly racist, but they see England with our Black players as a soft target. They don't give a shit if Bulgaria has to play games behind closed doors or are banned from international competitions. It's about getting that right-wing message to an international audience. They got the response they wanted.
No I wasn't there but then neither were you ,I just spoke to someone who was and they said they couldn't even see it let alone hear it ,he also said they couldn't hear the anthems or the warnings because the tannoy systems .
It isn't difficult to plan to sing is it ,its hardly a terrorist attack is it ?
Nut I hate to be the one to break it t you but people in eastern Europe are very parochial and extremely racist but now they are in the eu and our loved partners .
From the scenes ive seen there was about 50 twats doing it and then they left . that pales into insignificance when you've seen the entire shed sieg heiling in the 80's.
My point which you as usual seem to miss is that in the great scheme of things its not that big a deal ,the more publicity they get the more these twats will do it .
Because we have made such a fuss of it FIFA and UEFA are now going to come down on ENGLAND like a ton of bricks and they will play up the England booing of the Bulgarian national anthem and we will be tarred with the same brush !
Thus the victim will also get punished ,nicely played chaps !

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Herd wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:06 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Herd wrote:
at football matches !
I've been to Watford many times and never heard or at least remember Arsenal singing it there ,Chelsea sang it a lot but mostly the rent boys were just hoping to make Elton a client so they didn't have to sell their arses down Piccadilly !
As have I and I remember hearing it on a number of occasions.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Fair enough as I said I don't remember it ,we have moved on but your right it was wrong.
Dont think I condone it ,I dont. I have fought against the nf,bnp,c18 ,I hate fascists with a passion. My great aunt was in the French resistance, my mum lived with her and hates them too.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Did she ever meet Rene :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:46 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:00 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Herd wrote:
at football matches !

:shock:

I didn't know Elton John was a Racist!? Surely Not!!! :shock:

Wow, so you're saying that all homosexuals are racists.....you learn something new on here every day :shock:
Wow! I didn't know that!... So you know Elton John then!? Intimately or just as 'friends' ? :D :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Herd wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:24 pm

No I wasn't there but then neither were you ,I just spoke to someone who was and they said they couldn't even see it let alone hear it ,he also said they couldn't hear the anthems or the warnings because the tannoy systems .
Nut I hate to be the one to break it t you but people in eastern Europe are very parochial and extremely racist but now they are in the eu and our loved partners .
From the scenes ive seen there was about 50 twats doing it and then they left . that pales into insignificance when you've seen the entire shed sieg heiling in the 80's.
My point which you as usual seem to miss is that in the great scheme of things its not that big a deal ,the more publicity they get the more these twats will do it .
Because we have made such a fuss of it FIFA and UEFA are now going to come down on ENGLAND like a ton of bricks and they will play up the England booing of the Bulgarian national anthem and we will be tarred with the same brush !
Well if they couldn't hear it or see it why did the songs, “you know what you are you're racist bastards you know what you are” come out?

Herd keep burying your head in the sand, you’re not black so you have no right to say whether something is offensive or not. Only the players or black fans can answer that question.

This young vlogger pretty much sums it up. If your mates didn't experience any racism or can I suggest they only heard what they wanted to hear.

His youtube video is conclusive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngSojkrlYpI

If you look at his other video he is providing footage inside the ground confirming what everyone knows, except you.

Herd

Post by Herd »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:22 pm
Herd wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:24 pm

Well if they couldn't hear it or see it why did the songs, “you know what you are you're racist bastards you know what you are” come out?

Herd keep burying your head in the sand, you’re not black so you have no right to say whether something is offensive or not. Only the players or black fans can answer that question.

This young vlogger pretty much sums it up. If your mates didn't experience any racism or can I suggest they only heard what they wanted to hear.

His youtube video is conclusive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngSojkrlYpI

If you look at his other video he is providing footage inside the ground confirming what everyone knows, except you.
I didn't say it was good ,it isn't ,Ive already said that and Ive said they should launch Bulgaria out of the competition ,Im also not denying it happened so get off your high horse you pilchard .
But the way you and the British press are banging on about it you would think the players were being killed .
I wish you and the media would kick up as big a stink about our army which is currently killing civilians in Syria and destroying what little infrastructure it has left ,just as we have done in Afghanistan and Iraq ,because that shit is real, .
We could rage about the government trying to starve the poor by bloking benefits but we don't do we , we would much rather get outraged by words mouthed at super rich footballers ,glad we have our priorities right .
The young blogger is typical of the genre, attention seeking sensationalism whores !