Wrighty in the Jungle

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Clash

Re: Wrighty in the Jungle

Post by Clash »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:13 am
Redarmy wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:05 pm

Totally agree on the Ant and Dec comments, untalented annoying wankers....
I would venture that description covers 99% of those plastic faced & titted, bloated lipped, spray tanned fucktard nasally whining presenters and TV 'Stars' who cannot Sing, Act or even Talk properly.
Great description :lol:

I've come to the conclusion that 95% of TV is just not geared towards people like us i.e. heterosexual males over the age of 35.

What do we have? False jeopardy survival shows. Numerous documentaries about Hitler. National treasure David Attenborough's partly contrived fakery (i.e. polar bears in a European zoo using fake snow or filming some fish swimming around in a big tank) being presented as real life. Even the stuff like MOTD has become a camp, posing waffle show where pundits treat is as a fashion parade while at the same time letting us all know how liberally minded and they are!

In contrast we are bombarded from all angles with big budget period dramas where women revel in dressing up in old costumes and being emotional in an old fashioned feminine way ... but at the same time portrayed with the modern feminist twist which leaves us in no doubt that women have always been the stronger ones in control of everything :roll: And of course all the soaps, which is just made up misery that quite often results in a load of northerners shouting at each other while I’m trying to eat my dinner ... and all without an ending so that it just goes on and on and on night after night for years and years and years.

Then there is a never-ending stream of so-called reality shows, quiz shows, cookery shows, home improvement shows ... or stuff like x-factor and Strictly that has become a fucking monster. Passed off as family entertainment - except it's format excludes the one increasingly demeaned member of the family - you know, the one who brings most of the money in :roll:)!

And these shows are not just on when they're on ... they also infiltrate other shows and other mediums and everyday life, meaning you just cannot avoid them!

It drives me nuts :banghead: :suicide:
(as you might have guessed)

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Clash wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:06 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

I would venture that description covers 99% of those plastic faced & titted, bloated lipped, spray tanned fucktard nasally whining presenters and TV 'Stars' who cannot Sing, Act or even Talk properly.

I've come to the conclusion that 95% of TV is just not geared towards people like us i.e. heterosexual males over the age of 35.

What do we have? False jeopardy survival shows. Numerous documentaries about Hitler. National treasure David Attenborough's partly contrived fakery (i.e. polar bears in a European zoo using fake snow or filming some fish swimming around in a big tank) being presented as real life. Even the stuff like MOTD has become a camp, posing waffle show where pundits treat is as a fashion parade while at the same time letting us all know how liberally minded and they are!

In contrast we are bombarded from all angles with big budget period dramas where women revel in dressing up in old costumes and being emotional in an old fashioned feminine way ... but at the same time portrayed with the modern feminist twist which leaves us in no doubt that women have always been the stronger ones in control of everything :roll: And of course all the soaps, which is just made up misery that quite often results in a load of northerners shouting at each other while I’m trying to eat my dinner ... and all without an ending so that it just goes on and on and on night after night for years and years and years.

Then there is a never-ending stream of so-called reality shows, quiz shows, cookery shows, home improvement shows ... or stuff like x-factor and Strictly that has become a fucking monster. Passed off as family entertainment - except it's format excludes the one increasingly demeaned member of the family - you know, the one who brings most of the money in :roll:)!

And these shows are not just on when they're on ... they also infiltrate other shows and other mediums and everyday life, meaning you just cannot avoid them!

Blimey....

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Red Snapper wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:48 pm
Clash wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

Blimey....
Charlie!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

Just.... just poetic and beautiful. 8) A work of literary truth mate. 8) You should start a blog or whatever the fuck they call them nowadays.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

The bit in red could be used as the synopsis for every soap opera pile of gash ever. :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

In Ireland we pay a TV Licence to a commercial station that masquerades an the National Broadcaster..Their programmes are littered with adverts and each and every programme and each and every prize given out is sponsored..Yet you can go to jail, and people have, gone to jail ,for not paying the TV Licence which is about €180.00 annually.
Their presenters are by and large wooden and on overly inflated wages..up to €450,000 per annum in at least one case. The programmes are imported repeats with a few homegrown documentaries . The flagship programme is the Friday night Late Late Show which has run for , ot seems, hundreds of years.. There we have recycled guests who pop up to talk about nothing or recycled musicians and comedians.
Their sports coverage is ok, but they go into wankathon overdrive when the rugby is on..Even though I believe they lost the rights for that non-sport. The only controversial Gaelic Games pundit was binned. Their football coverage was decent in the past for its pundits Dunphy, Brady and Giles ,but I think only Brady remains. We have Ronnie " the keepa saved the hedda" Whelan on match analysis..
They no longer seem to cover horse racing, which is massive in Ireland.
Now they are up to their ears in debt, mainly because of the over inflated wages they pay to below average presenters. Ireland is to small of a country to sustain that. Even though advertising is a big part of the station it only has a limited audience

Herd

Post by Herd »

Fortunately mrs Herd decided last week she didn't like this years punters so I'm off the hook !
Im watching HAji Giri at the moment bt as a rule I watch whatever my lad wants ie Mr Tumble,Mr Maker and all other cbb shite !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:57 am
In Ireland we pay a TV Licence to a commercial station that masquerades an the National Broadcaster..Their programmes are littered with adverts and each and every programme and each and every prize given out is sponsored..Yet you can go to jail, and people have, gone to jail ,for not paying the TV Licence which is about €180.00 annually.
Their presenters are by and large wooden and on overly inflated wages..up to €450,000 per annum in at least one case. The programmes are imported repeats with a few homegrown documentaries . The flagship programme is the Friday night Late Late Show which has run for , ot seems, hundreds of years.. There we have recycled guests who pop up to talk about nothing or recycled musicians and comedians.
Their sports coverage is ok, but they go into wankathon overdrive when the rugby is on..Even though I believe they lost the rights for that non-sport. The only controversial Gaelic Games pundit was binned. Their football coverage was decent in the past for its pundits Dunphy, Brady and Giles ,but I think only Brady remains. We have Ronnie " the keepa saved the hedda" Whelan on match analysis..
They no longer seem to cover horse racing, which is massive in Ireland.
Now they are up to their ears in debt, mainly because of the over inflated wages they pay to below average presenters. Ireland is to small of a country to sustain that. Even though advertising is a big part of the station it only has a limited audience
Great post. 8) That TV tax pisses me off. RTE is a shambles of a broadcaster with over paid nonentities and talentless shit stealing a living. And the silly bitch that runs it now wants to increase the TV tax. :oops: :roll:

Also I laugh out loud every time you write Ronnie "the keepa saved the hedda" Whelan. :lol: 8)

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Love Wrighty but a bit disappointed with him in the jungle, came across as a petulant brat at times and the rest of the time a moaning ... ******

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

flash gunner wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:17 am
Love Wrighty but a bit disappointed with him in the jungle, came across as a petulant brat at times and the rest of the time a moaning ... ******
I think those who saw him play knew he was a moody old so and so, but that was what gave him his edge, he played with his heart on his sleeve and with passion for our club (which he loves, but grew up a Millwall / Liverpool fan I believe )

Towards the end of GG’s reign, Wrighty was the only saving grace and I will always have man love for him - witnessed so many of his special goals - chip over Southall v Everton, away at Swindon, winner away at the shithole, equaliser last min away at the shithole, he was the ultimate finisher oh and two cup final goals for good measure :barscarf:
One of my favourite Highbury memories is the final match for the Northbank, Wrighty hat trick, last min run from a throw out by Seaman, where Terry Hurlock just bounced off him he was so determined to get up the other end of the pitch and win the golden boot.

He still talks about his love for Arsenal, the genuine affection he had for the fans, attended Bear’s funeral I recall, so I can forgive him being stroppy due to being hangry , I reckon I may have been chomping away on Nadine by now.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:15 pm
flash gunner wrote:
I think those who saw him play knew he was a moody old so and so, but that was what gave him his edge, he played with his heart on his sleeve and with passion for our club (which he loves, but grew up a Millwall / Liverpool fan I believe )

Towards the end of GG’s reign, Wrighty was the only saving grace and I will always have man love for him - witnessed so many of his special goals - chip over Southall v Everton, away at Swindon, winner away at the shithole, equaliser last min away at the shithole, he was the ultimate finisher oh and two cup final goals for good measure :barscarf:
One of my favourite Highbury memories is the final match for the Northbank, Wrighty hat trick, last min run from a throw out by Seaman, where Terry Hurlock just bounced off him he was so determined to get up the other end of the pitch and win the golden boot.

He still talks about his love for Arsenal, the genuine affection he had for the fans, attended Bear’s funeral I recall, so I can forgive him being stroppy due to being hangry , I reckon I may have been noshing away on the Tranny one by now.
I kinda always thought that about you Stuart. :lol: :wink:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:47 pm
StuartL wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

He still talks about his love for Arsenal, the genuine affection he had for the fans, attended Bear’s funeral I recall, so I can forgive him being stroppy due to being hangry , I reckon I may have been noshing away on the Tranny one by now.
I met her in a club, down in old Soho,
Where they drink champagne and the taste is like cherry cola
She walked up to me and asked me to dance.....

Easy mistake to make

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:11 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:47 pm
StuartL wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

I met her in a club, down in old Soho,
Where they drink champagne and the taste is like cherry cola
She walked up to me and asked me to dance.....

Easy mistake to make
:lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Now Im not the worlds most passionate man but I know what I am ,Im a man Im a man …………….and so's Lola !