Trolling

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
goonersid

Trolling

Post by goonersid »

I think there may have been a thread on here in the past?
Anyway, Chris Kirkland is calling for social media trolls to face jail sentences !
I reckon if you can’t handle it, then get to fuck off social media!
It’s like Xhaka, loving the attention of social media then crying like a bitch when it turned on him!
This forum is the only social media I participate in.
I had a facebook account for about 3 months, but closed it because as far as I could see it was nothing more than a platform for wankers seeking re-assurance of their own worth, or people I had never set eyes on looking to be my “friend” Fuck off you sad bastard!
Anyway, if you live your life or thrive on social media, then you have to accept the pitfalls!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Trolling

Post by StuartL »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:41 am
Anyway, Chris Kirkland is calling for social media trolls to face jail sentences !
It’s like Xhaka, loving the attention of social media then crying like a bitch when it turned on him!
I had a facebook account for about 3 months, but closed it because as far as I could see it was nothing more than a platform for wankers seeking re-assurance of their own worth, or people I had never set eyes on looking to be my “friend” Fuck off you sad bastard!
Anyway, if you live your life or thrive on social media, then you have to accept the pitfalls!

It’s too easy for saddo’s to make up a persona and just post nasty, vicious, stuff aimed at causing harm to people, with them hiding behind anonymity and no repercussions.

I do use Facebook, mainly to keep up to date with old football buddies, work colleagues etc who I would otherwise not keep in touch with.
It’s very useful for birthday reminders - I always post a happy birthday message to my fb friends as it only takes a few seconds, costs nothing, and hopefully helps brighten their day.

Don’t like it being used for political viewpoints, ie electioneering, trying to sway your vote. but have seen several good things come out of posting missing people, dogs, stolen cars etc, so can be very positive too, if used correctly.

Unfortunately, it’s here to stay and looks like our future will become more like a black books episode with every passing year.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:58 pm
goonersid wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:41 am

It’s too easy for saddo’s to make up a persona and just post nasty, vicious, stuff aimed at causing harm to people, with them hiding behind anonymity and no repercussions.

I do use Facebook, mainly to keep up to date with old football buddies, work colleagues etc who I would otherwise not keep in touch with.
It’s very useful for birthday reminders - I always post a happy birthday message to my fb friends as it only takes a few seconds, costs nothing, and hopefully helps brighten their day.

Don’t like it being used for political viewpoints, ie electioneering, trying to sway your vote. but have seen several good things come out of posting missing people, dogs, stolen cars etc, so can be very positive too, if used correctly.

Unfortunately, it’s here to stay and looks like our future will become more like a black books episode with every passing year.
Good points mate, I suppose it can be a very useful tool, but it does seem to be mostly full of crap and is getting worse.
There are lads I work with who believe everything they read on it and I do despair for their naievity

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Jail sentences for arseholes trolling wan.kers on social media sites :rubchin:

Ffs it's hard enough to get the liberals to lock up fu.cking terrorist cun.ts in this day and age let alone some sad git behind a keyboard.

So what constitutes an offence then CK ? Where is the line ? He clearly has no idea how difficult it is to obtain a warrant to identify the culprit and then you've still got a scrap with facewank over whether they have to comply with the warrant.....where does jurisdiction lie etc. What are you going to do when Mr Nasty turns out to be a 12 year old kid in Chicago or Hong Kong assuming you are able to trace them in the first place. Load of bollox.