Family Tree / DNA

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Family Tree / DNA

Post by StuartL »

So anybody else on here done it ?

I did my dna test a while ago and have been delving into my family tree

I’ve gone back quite a few generations and have been very fascinated with what I’ve uncovered.

I’ve got lots of London relatives, my dads side of the family it seems originated from Attleborough / Diss area of Norfolk -
My Nan on my mums side was from South Shields and many descendants from the area around there (nr Newcastle / Sunderland)

I’ve also uncovered an Irish connection - Dempsey from Dublin and McCarthy from Cork who married in 1850 at Greenwich

It appears DB10 was right after all :shock:

Jock Gooner

Re: Family Tree / DNA

Post by Jock Gooner »

StuartL wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:51 pm

I’ve gone back quite a few generations and have been very fascinated with what I’ve uncovered.

I’ve got lots of London relatives, my dads side of the family it seems originated from Attleborough / Diss area of Norfolk -
My Nan on my mums side was from South Shields and many descendants from the area around there (nr Newcastle / Sunderland)

I’ve also uncovered an Irish connection - Dempsey from Dublin and McCarthy from Cork who married in 1850 at Greenwich

Don't listen to him, he only went back three generations before he ended up with monkeys :box: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:

8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:52 am
StuartL wrote:

Don't listen to him, he only went back three generations before he ended up with monkeys :box: :lol:
:lol:

I just know Jock's real name is something like Sean Murphy isn't it Jock? :lol: :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:38 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:

I just know Jock's real name is something like Sean Murphy isn't it Jock? :lol: :wink:

It's good to have you back fit and healthy mate and it appears that you're back to your subtle grooming ways too :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:04 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:

It's good to have you back fit and healthy mate and it appears that you're back to your subtle grooming ways too :lol:
It’s good to have you back fit and healthy mate (just echoing Jocks words above) can you feel the love ?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

StuartL wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:12 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:

It’s good to have you back fit and healthy mate (just echoing Jocks words above) can you feel the love ?

Careful there Stuart, he wants to feel the love alright :shock: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:

:shock:

I don't like your accusation there buddy. I've never been "subtle". :D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:

Feeling the love Stuart. Feeling it in a dirty way too. :D :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:57 pm
StuartL wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Well with both of you giving me the love at the same time I feel a bit like Jodie Marsh after getting beasted by a couple of "fooblers". :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:15 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:57 pm
StuartL wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Well with both of you giving me the love at the same time I feel a bit like Jodie Marsh after getting beasted by a couple of "fooblers". :lol:

That scenario or a second round of Coronavirus......there's a choice for you :shock: :rubchin: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:

Or "Bubbles" (Jackson) :D :wink: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:12 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:

I don't like your accusation there buddy. I've never been "subtel". :D :wink:
Yeah! You tell him DB - Besides how the feck can he be Subtle when he can't even spell it. :D :lol: :wink: :wink:

God I've missed this... :oops: :oops: :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:51 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:12 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

I don't like your accusation there buddy. I've never been "subtel". :D :wink:
Yeah! You tell him DB - Besides how the feck can he be Subtle when he can't even spell it. :D :lol: :wink: :wink:

God I've missed this... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Haha you nearly got me there - I had to double check it ! :lol: :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

StuartL wrote:

I did mine a couple of years ago. Given that my known heritage, going back as far as my great, great, grandparents from both parents is from the east med, I was shocked to find that of the 80% of my European DNA, 21% is British, a chunk of it Scandinavian, a smaller chunk of it from the Baltics, a bit from Sicily and 3% Ashkenazi Jew. I may not have found any Irish connection but seem to be connected to every other fucker. My ancestors done some serious travelling and didn't discriminate. So, now I can say I've links back (although still to be proven) to Richard the Lionheart, Genghis Khan, and Einstein. I'd love to find that lineage.