The ''no one is coming'' Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Red Snapper

Re: Is it time for a Summer Transfer Window Thread Yet?

Post by Red Snapper »

It's everywhere now.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 64671.html

As long as it means he will keep Sanogo out of my consciousness it will be good. Can see him working alongside Welbeck eventually (not Sanogo obv!).

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Still bollocks. Ornstein said that Arsenal have triggered his release clause and are in talks with Leicester to sign him.

The whole fucking point of a release clause is that you don't need to negotiate with the club.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:Vardy
:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:
Tragic.
he has risen :bowing21:

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Tragic.
he has risen :bowing21:

Is he new?

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

northbank123 wrote:Still bollocks. Ornstein said that Arsenal have triggered his release clause and are in talks with Leicester to sign him.

The whole fucking point of a release clause is that you don't need to negotiate with the club.

You do.
The contract is between Leics and Vardy. We're not party to it. We need to make an offer for Vardy and then (presumably) the release clause states that Leics must inform the player and accept the offer.

As with the Suarez fiasco, we're not in a position to enforce the clause, so if the club play hardball the player would have to begin proceedings against it, which would take time, money and be very messy.

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:I wouldn't mind him playing for us to be honest. And if true maybe this will be a decent spending summer

Abso-fucking-lutely 8) He is country miles ahead of EVERY SINGLE STRIKER we have - are we that snobby that we think buying at Leicester is beneath us ?? :roll: Tell me a realistic world class striker that any of ye can see us signing under this French pr*ck ? He is as good as we are gonna get and he will bring pace and goals to a team that has f.uck all of either, and £20m-£25m isn't severe

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

This story leaves me underwhelmed but when you consider:

Aubameyang has apparently said no to a move.
Morata has a poor goals record.
Zlatan is more likely to go with Mourinho than Wenger.
We won't pay Napoli asking price for Higuain.
It's an improvement on our current position.

then maybe we should embrace a goal scoring, international premier league winner for £20m?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Jamie fucking Vardy. Jamie fucking one season wonder Vardy. Is that honestly the best that our amazing scouting network can come up with? Shall we go after Benzema? What about trying to get Higuan? Nah, fuck it, that would show some ambition and might be hard work. Let's just get that rat faced, diving chav from Leicester. He's proven Champions League quality isn't he? Honestly, fucking fuck this. Him and Giroud up front next year, they'll score ten goals between them.

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

augie wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:I wouldn't mind him playing for us to be honest. And if true maybe this will be a decent spending summer

Abso-fucking-lutely 8) He is country miles ahead of EVERY SINGLE STRIKER we have - are we that snobby that we think buying at Leicester is beneath us ?? :roll: Tell me a realistic world class striker that any of ye can see us signing under this French pr*ck ? He is as good as we are gonna get and he will bring pace and goals to a team that has f.uck all of either, and £20m-£25m isn't severe
Agreed well said.

Offside

Post by Offside »

Vardy wouldn't fit in. He wants the ball early whilst our "artists" will be too busy passing it around and admiring their little triangles.

Block93

Post by Block93 »

Seriously, and with all respect to him for a very good season, if Jamie Vardy is the height of our ambitions, then we might just as well give up.

Maybe for £20m he is being looked at for the bench, but it does worry me more than a bit. I just don't see him as a permanent solution. And I bet Ozil and Sanchez don't either. I'm not being patronising because he plays for Leicester, and maybe if he was 25 I might think a bit differently, but at 29 with one good season? I just don't know.

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Awesome news!

Are we seriously going to moan about Giroud, who went 15 league games without a goal between January and April, and then reject the guy who just broke the record for most goals in consecutive games?

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

MrT wrote:
Tragic.
I'm trying to see the positives here...Vardy LW and Alexis #9?
Try again amigo. How about stick Vardy wide and out of position so he doesn't have to upset his wee rentboy's feelings eh! :roll:
Trying to ignore that Vardy was obviously super-effective in a system that got the ball forward as quickly as possible, and based on rapid counterattack. Cos Wenker teams don't play ponderous sideways bollocks instead eh....:rubchin:
Still. If Arsene can't compete with Leicester might as well try asset-strip them right? :lol:

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:Jamie fucking Vardy. Jamie fucking one season wonder Vardy. Is that honestly the best that our amazing scouting network can come up with? Shall we go after Benzema? What about trying to get Higuan? Nah, fuck it, that would show some ambition and might be hard work. Let's just get that rat faced, diving chav from Leicester. He's proven Champions League quality isn't he? Honestly, fucking fuck this. Him and Giroud up front next year, they'll score ten goals between them.
I remember Gooners saying Kane was a one season wonder

MrT

Post by MrT »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:
MrT wrote:
Tragic.
I'm trying to see the positives here...Vardy LW and Alexis #9?
Try again amigo. How about stick Vardy wide and out of position so he doesn't have to upset his wee rentboy's feelings eh! :roll:
Trying to ignore that Vardy was obviously super-effective in a system that got the ball forward as quickly as possible, and based on rapid counterattack. Cos Wenker teams don't play ponderous sideways bollocks instead eh....:rubchin:
Still. If Arsene can't compete with Leicester might as well try asset-strip them right? :lol:
Completely baffling signing if it happens. Our boring stuck system doesn't suit him at all, struggling to see how this will work.

Inter are having massive financial problems and Icardi would be an ideal signing and probably available, but a nice cheap and short term solution is always preferred...